Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:10 pm

New Salem/Almont Holsteins
33%
Cavalier Tornadoes
67%

Total votes : 21

2022 Championship Game Poll- Who wins?

Postby ChickenNuggets » Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:10 pm

Who is going to win the 9-man Championship?

#2 New Salem/Almont Holsteins (11-0)

#4 Cavalier Tornadoes (11-0)
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: 2022 Championship Game Poll- Who wins?

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:48 am

Really tough to pick against Cavalier. They might be the hottest team in the state (Central Cass being the other). They shutdown two high powered offenses in MayPort in LaMoure so the defense is rolling...I will take Cavalier to win 30 to 16.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bacon » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:12 am

Ya. Whoever it was that was lamenting that poor Cavalier had to play LaMoure in the playoffs was worried about nothing. I think Cavalier is on a mission after losing the last few Dakota bowls. Too bad they will have to move to 11 man. What a bunch of bs that is.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:23 am

Bacon wrote:Ya. Whoever it was that was lamenting that poor Cavalier had to play LaMoure in the playoffs was worried about nothing. I think Cavalier is on a mission after losing the last few Dakota bowls. Too bad they will have to move to 11 man. What a bunch of bs that is.

The scheduling of two 11-man games to start this season (that they won easily) tells me that Cavalier is ok with the move...I foresee many more competitive games then 50+ point victories (which can't be fun either)
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby d_fense » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:38 am

Bacon wrote:Ya. Whoever it was that was lamenting that poor Cavalier had to play LaMoure in the playoffs was worried about nothing. I think Cavalier is on a mission after losing the last few Dakota bowls. Too bad they will have to move to 11 man. What a bunch of bs that is.

The Cavalier people I visit with are excited for the move. They will do just fine playing 11 man. Why do you think it is BS?
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:47 pm

I wasn’t lamenting at all, I made the comment to “Flip” that I didn’t think the seeding was very good after he stated it looked fine to him. You piped in and asked why bc they have to play Lamoure. Looks like I was correct about the seeding. I was wrong about them not being able to beat Lamoure, though.

I agree with Cavalier being moved up being BS. I think they will have a tough two years, I’m not sure I see them finishing above .500.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fanofeverything » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:08 pm

Cavalier has been a force in 11 man before. Being a top 9 man program currently what leads anyone to believe they won’t be competitive once they move up? Sure with some of the bigger schools in Kindred Oak Grove and CC the east is definitely tougher than it was the last time Cavalier was up in 11 man. Cavalier was AA and won state titles not that terribly long ago. Good coaching and a winning tradition is enough where I think they are still easily a playoff caliber team right away in 11 man.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bacon » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:35 pm

d_fense wrote:

The Cavalier people I visit with are excited for the move. They will do just fine playing 11 man. Why do you think it is BS?

I believe it is bs because they are being penalized for have a good football program. Yes they have played A and AA ball in years past but I believe that was do to enrollment and not being moved up because of success. I’m sure they will probably do fine in 11 man and maybe looking forward to it but I believe any team can opt up a division if they wanted to. Being forced up to me is the bs part.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:00 pm

fanofeverything wrote:Cavalier has been a force in 11 man before. Being a top 9 man program currently what leads anyone to believe they won’t be competitive once they move up? Sure with some of the bigger schools in Kindred Oak Grove and CC the east is definitely tougher than it was the last time Cavalier was up in 11 man. Cavalier was AA and won state titles not that terribly long ago. Good coaching and a winning tradition is enough where I think they are still easily a playoff caliber team right away in 11 man.

No need to mention OG when talking about making it tougher in football...they haven't been good recently (outside of one year) and they will be independent next year.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:10 pm

I'll take Cavalier. They are on an impressive run.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bacon » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:48 pm

Is it just me or did they miss a blatant pass interference on that last 2 point conversion attempt.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:57 pm

Bacon wrote:Is it just me or did they miss a blatant pass interference on that last 2 point conversion attempt.

Looked like it. I watched for about a minute or two after that play for a replay. Did they ever show one?
PA at the game thought it was a penalty too when he says, "No flags on the play!"
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:27 pm

Flip wrote:
Bacon wrote:Is it just me or did they miss a blatant pass interference on that last 2 point conversion attempt.

Looked like it. I watched for about a minute or two after that play for a replay. Did they ever show one?
PA at the game thought it was a penalty too when he says, "No flags on the play!"

To me it looked like an uncatchable ball. It was quite a ways over the receivers head even though it looked like the receiver was hit well before the ball would have arrived.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:33 pm

Is "uncatchable" a thing in high school football? Years before that was not in the NFHS rulebook, but I know there have been changes.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby fanofeverything » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:36 pm

Definitely a blown call to end the game. They are always gonna miss some, but it hurts to end the game that way.
fanofeverything
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:54 pm

fanofeverything wrote:

Definitely a blown call to end the game. They are always gonna miss some, but it hurts to end the game that way.

DGF/EGF was a bit more blatant than this one as the ball was closer...but seemed like something could have been called

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to 9 - Man