Quarterfinals- What to Watch!

The teams in 9 Man

Quarterfinals- What to Watch!

Postby ChickenNuggets » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:26 am

There are eight teams remaining that include six of the region champions and each game will feature one of the four undefeated teams left in the state! Here's what to watch for!

G17 - (7-3) R8#2 Surrey @ R1#1 (1) LaMoure-Litchville-Marion (9-0)
Google Maps lists this as a 231 mile trip (3 hours 43 mins) from Surrey to LaMoure. Travel could certainly play a part in this one as it can be difficult to ride on a bus for so long and then get off ready to play a football game. Surrey avenged an early season loss last week to St. John. It sounds like they are finally getting close to full strength health wise. LaMoure had an easy go of it in the first round against Maple River and appears to be fairly healthy as well. I think the keys to this game would be Surrey being able to slow down the LaMoure passing attack and then trying to play at a high level of physicality. LLM has been solid all year and I don't see them losing at home this week. I'll take the Loboes to win 36-18

G18 - (8-1) R2#2 (4) May-Port-C-G @ R3#1 (3) Cavalier (9-0)
At just 103 miles (1 hour 44 minutes) the travel shouldn't play a huge role in this game, however Cavalier is a tough place to play so I'm sure the Tornadoes will enjoy a home field advantage. MPCG has had a high-powered offense all season long. Cavalier's defense has been outstanding. This could be a battle of Strength against Strength. I have heard that Mayville may have a few key players injured, not sure whether that means they'll be out or limited in what they can do. The injuries along with Cavalier playing at home leads me to believe this is going to be a Tornadoes win. 38-28 Cavalier.

G19 - (7-2) R6#1 Grant County-Flasher @ R5#1 (2) New Salem-Almont (9-0)
Travel will not be a factor here as this is about the closest game of the week at just 36 miles from Carson to New Salem. New Salem/Almont beat GCF in Week 2 of the season. I believe that the game was fairly close until halftime and then NSA pulled away in the second half. GCF Avenged one of their two early season losses to South Border last week. Do they have what it takes to flip the script on New Salem as well? While GCF has looked better and better as the season goes on, NSA has looked solid throughout so this should be a great game. Once again, I'm going to take the home team in this one, but I think it could be a slugfest! NSA wins 40-36

G20 - (7-3) R7#2 Westhope-Newburg-Glenburn @ R4#1 (5) North Prairie (9-0)
71 miles from Westhope to Rolla. This shouldn't be a factor in this game. These two teams met up on the first game of the season back in mid August. North Prairie took it to WNG 58-26. WNG took three losses throughout the season and did avenge one of those this past week to get to the quarterfinals when they scored 70 points in a wild 70-66 shoot-out over Divide County. The WNG Offense has been putting up huge points all season, but their defense has been suspect. North Prairie has been as consistent as they come. The 26 points allowed by WNG in week 1 is the second most points they have given up all season and it is the only time WNG has been held below 40 in a game. I think North Prairie is too well rounded and will get enough stops defensively to outlast WNG. Give me the Cougars 48-32.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Quarterfinals- What to Watch!

Postby birthday » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:21 pm

Very unlikely Surrey travels to cavalier on Saturday morning, so travel shouldn’t be that big of a deal
birthday
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:35 pm

birthday wrote:Very unlikely Surrey travels to cavalier on Saturday morning, so travel shouldn’t be that big of a deal

I would agree with this statement :)
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ChickenNuggets » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:53 am

packers21 wrote:
birthday wrote:Very unlikely Surrey travels to cavalier on Saturday morning, so travel shouldn’t be that big of a deal

I would agree with this statement :)

I agree it's very unlikely they travel to Cavalier on Saturday morning since the game is in LaMoure :lol: But last year Surrey was in the Quarterfinals in Cavalier and they did travel to cavalier the morning of that game. That's a 196 mile trek, so about 35 minutes less than the drive to LaMoure. Hard to say what they would do this time around.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Buck » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:37 pm

Places to watch the games.

2022 NDHSAA Division 9B Football Playoffs - Quarterfinals (Saturday, October 29)
State Quarterfinals
LaMoure-Litchville/Marion vs. Surrey
Kickoff: 2 p.m. Townsend Field (LaMoure, N.D.)
TV CHANNEL: BEK Sports Plus East
LIVE VIDEO WEB STREAM LINK (BEK TV): www.bek.tv

State Quarterfinals
Cavalier vs. May-Port-CG
Kickoff: 2 p.m. at Cavalier High School
LIVE VIDEO WEB STREAM LINK (NFHS Network): https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/cava ... 04df84351a

State Quarterfinals
New Salem-Almont vs. Grant County/Flasher
Kickoff: 2 p.m. at New Salem-Almont High School
LIVE VIDEO WEB STREAM LINK (PSP Network): https://psp.network/live

State Quarterfinals
North Prairie vs. Westhope/Newburg/Glenburn
Kickoff: 2 p.m. at Rolette High School
LIVE VIDEO WEB STREAM LINK (NFHS Network): https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/role ... 4e52c0bff2
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man