Week 7- What to Watch!

The teams in 9 Man

Week 7- What to Watch!

Postby ChickenNuggets » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:00 am

With just two weeks left in the regular season, the stakes now are higher than ever! Mathematically there are only 3-4 teams in the state who are completely eliminated from playoff contention, but that number will grow quite a bit after this week. Here's who to keep an eye on for week 7!

Region 1-
4-2 Hankinson @ 6-0 LaMoure/L/M
Hankinson suffered their first set-back in Region 1 play this past week against Wyndmere/Lidgerwood. Their task at hand this week doesn't get any easier against #1 ranked LaMoure. With that said, LaMoure was on the ropes last week but showed some grit and scored in the final minutes of their game to pull ahead and keep their record perfect on the year. If anything it showed us that MayPort CG is a very good football team, but also that LLM is not unbeatable! With that said, I do think they have a big rebound at home and win convincingly. I'll take LaMoure 50-6

Region 3-
3-3 Nelson County @ 3-3 Larimore

The playoffs start early in Region 3! Both teams have been on a rough stretch of their schedule over the past few weeks as Larimore is coming off of back to back losses to Cavalier and North Border. Nelson County has dropped three straight after starting 3-0. Both teams find themselves in a must-win situation. It's win and you're in! The winner of this game will clinch the third and final playoff spot from Region 3. My prediction is that Nelson County uses some big plays to come out on top of this one. Nelson County wins on the road 36-22

Region 4-
3-3 Northstar @ 4-2 Four Winds

Four winds has the better overall record, and both teams sport a 1-1 record within the region. Despite that, Northstar still may be in a better position overall as they have a win over NRS who Four Winds lost to. Four winds also has a game next week against North Prairie who has been dominant all season long. This is starting to look like a must-win for Four Winds. The stakes are high for Northstar as well as a win here would almost certainly lead to a 2nd place finish and a home playoff game. I'm predicting a lot of offense in this game. I'll take Northstar to win 48-40

Region 6-
3-3 Hettinger County @ 3-3 Hettinger/Scranton

Both teams have already assured themselves a playoff appearance, but this game is a high-stakes game nonetheless. This is the final regional game for both teams and the winner will finish in 2nd place and host a 1st round playoff game while the loser will finish in third and be forced to go on the road in Round 1. This has the potential to be a very good game. I'll take the home team to come out on top. Hettinger/Scranton wins 30-22

4-2 St. John @ 4-1 Tioga

Here is one non-conference game that makes this list this week. St. John and Tioga are both in line to play for a Region Championship in week 8 as St. John will meet up with WNG and Tioga could force a 3-way tie at the top of the Region 8 standings with a win over Divide County. Prior to those important matchups, they will battle each other. My prediction is St. John goes on the road and gets a big win. I'll take the Woodchucks 46-22
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man