Week 6- What to Watch!

The teams in 9 Man

Week 6- What to Watch!

Postby ChickenNuggets » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:01 pm

The 9-man Season will be 75% completed at the conclusion of week 6! When the dust settles after this week, there will very likely already be some teams who have clinched play-off spots as well as a few teams who may become mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. All that means is that this week's slate of games is even more important than ever! Last week we had 7 teams with undefeated records intact. Tioga, who played a Tuesday/Saturday double header picked up the win early in the week before tallying their first loss on Saturday to Surrey. That leaves us with 6 unbeaten teams coming into Week 6 and that number is guaranteed to be reduced as top ranked 5-0 LaMoure travels to #4 ranked 5-0 MayPort CG this week.

GAME OF THE WEEK!
5-0 LaMoure/LM @ 5-0 MayPort CG

This is a game that has been on many 9-man football followers radars for some time now. Both teams have been ranked in the top 5 all season. MayPort CG picked up a couple hard-fought wins in weeks 1 & 2 while LLM has yet to be tested as they have arguably their three toughest games to end the regular season. LLM has yet to give up a single point while MPCG has yet to be held below 30 and are coming off a 70 point offensive eruption. I think this has the makings of a great non-conference, regular season matchup and very well could be a prelude to a late round playoff matchup as well. My prediction: LaMoure wins 42-24

Region 1-
4-1 Hankinson @ 4-1 Wyndmere/Lidgerwood

These two have identical records with both of their losses coming to MPCG in weeks 1 and 2 respectively. This is a rivalry game and I am sure it will be hotly contested, especially after the shoot-out they had last year where W/L won on a very late TD in a 50-48 thriller. The winner of this game will certainly be in the drivers seat for a home playoff game and with both teams having a meeting with LLM in the finals two weeks a win here is a must for any hopes of a region title and first round bye. My prediction for this game- Wyndmere/Lidgerwood wins 46-38

Region 3
3-2 Larimore @ 3-2 North Border

Larimore is coming off of a loss against Cavalier and sits 1-1 in the region. North Border is coming off a big win over Nelson County in a game that was their first regional contest of the year. Both have a lot at stake in this game. Larimore essentially needs a win this week or next week against Nelson County to keep their playoff hopes alive. North Border is coming off two straight wins against quality teams and controls their own destiny in Region 3. A win in this matchup essentially guarantees them a home playoff game and an opportunity to play for a region championship and a first round bye down the road. My prediction- North Border seems to be figuring things out lately. I'll take the Eagles 40-28

Region 4-
3-2 New Rockford/Sheyenne @ 2-3 Northstar

Northstar started this season looking like Rockstars, but an injury to their QB has them staring down a 3-game losing streak. New Rockford on the other hand has been clicking on all cylinders the last two weeks winning a pair of Region 4 games and has an opportunity to clinch a home playoff game and set up a Region 4 matchup against North Prairie for all the marbles with a win in this game. I am unsure of the status of Northstar's QB, but with the uncertainty I will take NR/S to win this game. I'll pick the Rockets to win 32-22

3-2 Surrey @ 3-2 St. John
Surrey is flying high after knocking off unbeaten Tioga this past weekend. St. John started off taking a pair of losses but have been playing very dominant football the last 3 weeks Averaging over 60 points per game and winning by a 40 point margin in all 3 contests. While this is a non-conference game, there is a very real possibility that this could be an early round playoff matchup. My pick for this game is St. John at home by a score of 44-38
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Week 6- What to Watch!

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:10 pm

This is an excellent analysis by Chicken Nuggets.. There is a lot at stake this week in 9 man FB.

My thoughts: I believe your take on Lamoure - Mayport is very good, but I just don't see Mayport scoring that many against Lamoure's D. These are two of the best teams in the state, and they may even be the two top teams. I will predict Lamoure to win 38-12.

Your analysis of W-L at Hankinson is spot on. Last year it may have been the game of the year in the entire state. It'll go down to the wire again in a huge rivalry game, and I'll take the Pirates to win 42-40.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Week 6- What to Watch!

Postby Sportsrube » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:58 pm

MayPort gave LaMoure a heck of a game. That game could have gone either way. If they meet again in the playoffs it should be another great game. Two well coached teams with a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to 9 - Man