Week 2- What to Watch

The teams in 9 Man

Week 2- What to Watch

Postby ChickenNuggets » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:44 am

Nelson County @ Four Winds
Here is a match-up of 1-0 teams, both of whom went to the playoffs last year. Nelson County is coming off of a week 1 win over NR-S while Four Winds lit up the scoreboard beating Dunseith 56-22. As a non-conference game, this one doesn't have any real play-off impact, but it will help paint a picture of what teams may be for real playoff contenders in Regions 3 & 4. My thoughts- I'll take Nelson County in a 36-30 type game. FInal Score- Nelson County 30-26

St. John @ North Prairie
Here's a fun rivalry game that both teams will have no problems getting up for. St. John lost week 1 to North Star while North Prairie had a nice showing in a week 1 win over WNG. St. John certainly had a tough schedule to begin this year, it would go a long way to get a win and not start 0-2, even if both losses are non-conference. NP will look to go 2-0 and keep pace with North Star. I'll take the Cougars at home 40-28 Final Score- North Prairie20-14

Grant County/Flasher @ New Salem/Almont
Here is a week 2 battle between two teams ranked very high in the pre-season polls. GC/F did suffer a loss in week one against South Border, but SB is a solid team who will be looking to compete for a playoff spot and a region title. GC/F will be hoping to avoid an 0-2 start and knocking off the #3 ranked Holsteins would be a great way to right the ship. This should be a physical game with some great big lines doing battle. I'll take the home team in this one. NSA wins 36-28 Final Score- NSA 44-22

Hettinger/Scranton @ Central McLean
Both teams opened their seasons a week ago with "W"s. while these, like all games this week are non-conference, it can be a huge momentum booster to take a 2-0 record into the first conference games of the year. I am sure both squads will be hoping to do just that. This could be a close one. I'll go with the home team to win 22-18. Final Score- Central McLean 14-8

North Border @ New Rockford/Sheyenne

North Border re-entered the 9-man ranks last week with a convincing win over Benson County. With that said, Benson has struggled to be competitive for quite some time and I think this week will be a bigger test for the Eagles against a NR/S team that, despite losing last week, should be a playoff contender in Region 4. This should be a good measuring stick for both teams this week. I think North Border's athleticism might be the difference in this game. NB wins 38-20 Final Score- New Rockford-Sheyenne 36-26

Week 2 9B Record- 4-1, Season Record 8-2
Last edited by ChickenNuggets on Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Week 2- What to Watch

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:00 am

Solid List above

Honorable Mention Games (in my eyes)
Hettinger County @ South Border
W-N-G @ Surrey

both could easily be blowouts though
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"