Playoff Scenarios

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Sleepy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:44 pm

I wonder if Linton's long-time head coach had anything to do with that run? Probably not, he was just an average coach. Nobody probably even remembers his name. Joking of course!
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:58 am

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Wilbur » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:37 pm

Yeah. Imdieke was 25-1 against Napoleon. Only loss was 22-14 in 1998 which was Linton's only losing season under Imdieke. Linton will be 0-3 vs. Napoleon (including tonight) since he retired.
Wilbur
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Powersave » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:04 pm

Has anyone see New Salem play.
Powersave
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:41 pm

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Flip » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Powersave wrote:Has anyone see New Salem play.

Tell us what you know.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Powersave » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:29 pm

Haven’t seen New Salem play listened to Shiloh - Richardton Friday night on radio Shiloh sounds pretty tough. Will Shiloh beat New Salem next week. Saw New Salem - Shiloh region championship game last year had to stand no seats left. Neighbors told me they saw Kuhn and Henke squatting 415 in new fitness center in new Salem this summer isn’t he the QB
Powersave
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:41 pm

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Sniper » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:07 pm

Powersave wrote:Haven’t seen New Salem play listened to Shiloh - Richardton Friday night on radio Shiloh sounds pretty tough. Will Shiloh beat New Salem next week. Saw New Salem - Shiloh region championship game last year had to stand no seats left. Neighbors told me they saw Kuhn and Henke squatting 415 in new fitness center in new Salem this summer isn’t he the QB


Henke is their QB. Sounds like New Salem will be without their all-state WR against Bismarck and maybe their first playoff game. I think New Salem will beat Bismarck by around 20 points. I think Bismarck will be able to move the ball on offense but will struggle to stop New Salem. I would expect a much heavier workload for Henke and Zuroff than they have had this season (because all their games have been blowouts). When New Salem is at full health they have IMO the best QB-RB-WR combination in the state with Henke, Zuroff, and Soupir. Bismarck is the only team in the west that I think has even a slight shot at knocking off New Salem.
Sniper
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 am
Location: Bismarck, ND

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Flip » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:19 am

If Cavalier beats NRS what is the tie breaker procedure at the top of the region?
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Flip » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:21 am

Wilbur wrote:Yeah. Imdieke was 25-1 against Napoleon. Only loss was 22-14 in 1998 which was Linton's only losing season under Imdieke. Linton will be 0-3 vs. Napoleon (including tonight) since he retired.

In 1975 was Linton 11 man?
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Flip » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:34 am

Flip wrote:
Wilbur wrote:Yeah. Imdieke was 25-1 against Napoleon. Only loss was 22-14 in 1998 which was Linton's only losing season under Imdieke. Linton will be 0-3 vs. Napoleon (including tonight) since he retired.

In 1975 was Linton 11 man?

OK, I looked it up. Linton beat Napoleon in the first game of the year. Napoleon's only loss. Wishek only had 1 loss on the season, a 10 point loss to Napoleon. Makes me wonder if Wishek was the 2nd best team in the state that year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:09 pm

Flip wrote:If Cavalier beats NRS what is the tie breaker procedure at the top of the region?


H2H - they’d all be 1-1
Pt Differential (17pt max) - Larimore would be sitting at 0; NR-S is +17 right now and Cavalier is -17.

NR-S is in ‘drivers seat’ to take #1 seed barring being blown out; then it goes back to H2H to determine 2-seed which Larimore would have
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14341
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby heimer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:16 pm

QRF at a glance on playoff matchups:

1st round: R1 #3 vs R2 #3: Cavalier at May Port C G (Patriots 26.3, Tornadoes 24.5)

1st round: R4 #3 vs R6 #3: North Star at Surrey (Surrey 22.1, North Star 17.8 ) or MLS (23.5), Divide County at North Star (13.9)

2nd round: Oakes (assuming win) vs. Richland (clinched): Richland at Oakes (Tornadoes 24.5, Colts 22.4)

2nd round: Shiloh vs New Salem loser (Shiloh 30.2, New Salem 29.1) (assuming a first round win) would likely host R6 #2 (MLS 23.5, Surrey 22.1, Divide County 13.9)

Among current #1 seeds:

New Rockford-Sheyenne and Napoleon-GS would each travel to Thompson (Thompson 34.4, Napoleon 29.1, NR-S 24.9). NR-S would travel to Napoleon.

St. John would go to Ray-Powers Lake (St. John 18.7, Ray-Powers Lake 22.3). Both would go to either Shiloh or New Salem (Shiloh 30.2, New Salem 29.1).

Shiloh trails Thompson for top overall by 4.2. Shiloh has New Salem left (29.1), Thompson has Wyndmere-Lidgerwood (3.9).
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Rupert's Land

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:35 pm

heimer wrote:QRF at a glance on playoff matchups:

1st round: R1 #3 vs R2 #3: Cavalier at May Port C G (Patriots 26.3, Tornadoes 24.5)

1st round: R4 #3 vs R6 #3: North Star at Surrey (Surrey 22.1, North Star 17.8 ) or MLS (23.5), Divide County at North Star (13.9)

2nd round: Oakes (assuming win) vs. Richland (clinched): Richland at Oakes (Tornadoes 24.5, Colts 22.4)

2nd round: Shiloh vs New Salem loser (Shiloh 30.2, New Salem 29.1) (assuming a first round win) would likely host R6 #2 (MLS 23.5, Surrey 22.1, Divide County 13.9)

Among current #1 seeds:

New Rockford-Sheyenne and Napoleon-GS would each travel to Thompson (Thompson 34.4, Napoleon 29.1, NR-S 24.9). NR-S would travel to Napoleon.

St. John would go to Ray-Powers Lake (St. John 18.7, Ray-Powers Lake 22.3). Both would go to either Shiloh or New Salem (Shiloh 30.2, New Salem 29.1).

Shiloh trails Thompson for top overall by 4.2. Shiloh has New Salem left (29.1), Thompson has Wyndmere-Lidgerwood (3.9).


Those QRF numbers are from 9/17 so not 100% accurate
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14341
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:18 pm

Updated QRF has been run: http://www.northdakota-scores.net/class ... 4&class=33

**A new update should run tomorrow as well...so look for the new update as well
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14341
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby caserace0710 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:07 am

Week 8 Playoff Scenarios

Here is what I got, let me know of anything that is missing.

Region 1
Clinched Berths
  • #1 seed - Thompson
    • Clinched 1st round bye
    • Will host the Region 3 #4 seed (Linton/HMB @ LaMoure/Litchville-Marion winner) and Region 2 #2 seed (Larimore or New Rockford-Sheyenne or Cavalier) in the 2nd round
  • #2 seed - Richland
    • Clinched 1st Round bye (Regions 1 and 6 #2 seeds receive byes)
    • Will play the Region 2 #4 seed (Nelson County @ Four Winds winner) and Oakes (Region 3 #2 seed) in the 2nd Round
      NOTE: If Oakes wins, the Higher QRF of the two teams (both are #2 seeds) would host. Otherwise, Richland would host.
  • #3 seed - May-Port-CG
    • Will play the Region 2 #3 seed (either Cavalier or Larimore) in the 1st round
      NOTE: Game will be played at the team with the higher QRF

Seeding Implications
  • #4 seed: Will travel to Kidder County (Region 3 #3) in the 1st Round

Scenarios
  • Winner of Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page @ Hankinson clinches the #4 seed (loser is eliminated)

Region 2
Clinched Berths
  • Seed TBD: New Rockford-Sheyenne, Larimore, and Cavalier

Seeding Implications
  • #1 seed
    • Receives first round bye
    • Will host the winner of Region 1 #4 seed (Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page @ Hankinson winner) and Kidder County (Region 3 #3) in the 2nd Round
  • #2 seed
    • Will host the Region 3 #4 seed (Linton/HMB @ LaMoure/Litchville-Marion winner) in the 1st Round
  • #3 seed
    • Will play May-Port-CG (Region 1 #3 seed) in the 1st Round
      NOTE: Game will be played at the team with the Higher QRF
  • #4 seed
    • Will play at Oakes (Region 3 #2 seed) in the 1st Round

Scenarios
  • Winner of Nelson County @ Four Winds clinches the #4 seed (loser is eliminated)
  • New Rockford-Sheyenne wins OR loses by 16 or fewer points
    • NR-Sheyenne would be the #1 seed, Larimore the #2 seed, and Cavalier the #3 seed
  • If Cavalier wins by 17 or more points
    • Cavalier would be the #1 seed (based on point differential tiebreaker in all region games), New Rockford-Sheyenne the #2 seed, and Larimore the #3 seed

Region 3
Clinched Berths
  • #1 seed - Napoleon/Gackle-Streeter
    • Clinched 1st round bye
    • Will host the winner of May-Port-CG (Region 1 #3 seed) and the Region 2 #3 seed (Cavalier or Larimore) in the 2nd round
  • #2 seed - Oakes
    • Will host the Region 2 #4 seed (Nelson County @ Four Winds winner) in the 1st Round
  • #3 seed - Kidder County
    • Will host the Region 1 #4 seed (Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page @ Hankinson winner) in the 1st round

Seeding implications
  • #4 seed
    • Will travel to the Region 2 #2 seed (either Larimore or New Rockford-Sheyenne) in the 1st round

Clinching scenarios
  • Winner of Linton/HMB @ LaMoure/Litchville-Marion clinches the #4 seed (loser is eliminated)

Region 4
Clinched Berths
  • #1 seed - St. John
    • Clinched 1st round bye
    • Will host the winner of the Region 6 #4 seed (either Divide County, Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood, or Surrey) and Richardton-Taylor/Hebron (Region 5 #3 seed)
  • Seed TBD: TGU, North Prairie, and North Star

Seeding Implications
  • #2 seed
    • Will host the Region 5 #4 seed (Beach @ Central McLean winner) in the 1st round
  • #3 seed
    • Will play the Region 6 #3 seed (either Surrey, Divide County, MLS, or Ray/Powers Lake) in the 1st round
      NOTE: Will be played at the Higher QRF
  • #4 seed
    • Will travel to the Region 5 #2 seed (Shiloh Christian @ New Salem/Glen Ullin loser) in the 1st round

Seeding Scenarios
  • If TGU wins OR loses by 11 or fewer points
    • TGU would be the #2 seed, North Prairie the #3 seed, and North Star the #4 seed
  • If North Star wins by 12 or more points
    • North Star would be the #2 seed, TGU the #3 seed, and North Prairie the #4 seed

Region 5
Clinched Berths
  • Seed TBD: New Salem/Glen Ullin, Shiloh Christian
  • #3 seed - Richardton-Taylor/Hebron
    • Will host the Region 6 #4 seed (either Divide County, MLS, or Surrey) in the 1st round

Seeding Implications
  • #1 seed
    • Clinches 1st round bye
    • Will host the winner of the Region 4 #3 seed (either North Prairie or TGU) and the Region 6 #3 seed (Surrey, Divide County, Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood, or Ray/Powers Lake) in the 2nd round
  • #2 seed
    • Will host the winner of the Region 4 #4 seed (either North Prairie or North Star) in the 1st round
  • #4 seed
    • Will travel to the Region 4 #2 seed (either TGU or North Star) in the 1st round

Seeding/Clinching Scenarios
  • Winner of Shiloh Christian @ New Salem/Glen Ullin will clinch the #1 seed (loser receives the #2 seed)
  • Winner of Beach @ Central McLean would clinch the #4 seed (loser is eliminated)

Region 6
Clinched Berths
  • Seed TBD: Ray/Powers Lake, Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood, Surrey, and Divide County

[*]Seeding Implications
  • #1 seed
    • Clinches 1st round bye
    • Would host the winner of the Region 5 #4 seed (Beach @ Central McLean winner) and Region 4 #2 seed (either TGU or North Star) in the 2nd round
  • #2 seed
    • Clinches 1st round bye (Region 1 and 6 #2 seeds receive 1st round byes)
    • Would play the winner of the Region 4 #4 seed (either North Prairie or North Star) and Region 5 #2 seed (Shiloh Christian @ New Salem/Glen Ullin loser) in the 2nd round
      NOTE: If Region 5 #2 wins, the Higher QRF of the two teams (both are #2 seeds) would host. Otherwise, Region 6 #2 seed would host.
  • #3 seed
    • Would play the Region 4 #3 seed (either North Prairie or TGU) in the 1st round
      NOTE: Will be played at the Higher QRF
  • #4 seed
    • Would travel to Richardton-Taylor/Hebron (Region 5 #3 seed) in the 1st round

Seeding Scenarios
  • If Ray/Powers Lake wins AND either Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood wins OR Divide County wins by 10 or fewer points
    • Ray/Powers Lake would be the #1 seed, MLS the #2 seed, Surrey the #3 seed, and Divide County the #4 seed
  • If Ray/Powers Lake AND Divide County wins by 11 or more points
    • Ray-Powers Lake would be the #1 seed, Divide County the #2 seed, MLS the #3 seed, and Surrey the #4 seed
  • If Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood AND Surrey win
    • MLS would be the #1 seed, Surrey the #2 seed, Ray/Powers Lake the #3 seed, and Divide County the #4 seed
  • If Divide County AND Surrey win
    • Surrey would be the #1 seed, Ray/Powers Lake the #2 seed, Divide County the #3 seed, and MLS the #4 seed
http://northdakotahsfootball.altervista.org
North Dakota High School Football historical information since 1975
caserace0710
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:32 am
Location: Valley City, ND

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Tomdawg34 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:43 am

I would be very surprised if the NS/GU vs Shiloh game was within 3 scores. Those two seem to always play each other tough though. I don't think New Salem/Glen Ullin will have a game within 3 scores until the state championship game. I don't know enough about the East to say how that game will go though.
Tomdawg34
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:59 am

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby hoophoophoop » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:17 pm

where to you find the QRF standings and who does it??
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Flip » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:46 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:where to you find the QRF standings and who does it??

http://northdakota-scores.net/classqrf. ... 4&class=33
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Pulling for Four Winds to pick up the win against Nelson County. I'm pretty sure that would be their first time qualifying for the playoffs.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:13 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Pulling for Four Winds to pick up the win against Nelson County. I'm pretty sure that would be their first time qualifying for the playoffs.


4 wins would be a program record as well according to caserace's website
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14341
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:19 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Pulling for Four Winds to pick up the win against Nelson County. I'm pretty sure that would be their first time qualifying for the playoffs.


4 wins would be a program record as well according to caserace's website


Have a very good shot at getting to a 5-3 record with the game against North Border tomorrow.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:03 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Pulling for Four Winds to pick up the win against Nelson County. I'm pretty sure that would be their first time qualifying for the playoffs.


4 wins would be a program record as well according to caserace's website


Have a very good shot at getting to a 5-3 record with the game against North Border tomorrow.


Have to give FW a lot of credit. Lost their best player in a Tuesday game and still able to edge Nelson County to earn their first playoff berth in program history. Playing a JV schedule just a couple years ago as well. It's a shame that they are not able to continue to build their program and forced to go with an independent 9man schedule in the next fball plan.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby The Schwab » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:46 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Pulling for Four Winds to pick up the win against Nelson County. I'm pretty sure that would be their first time qualifying for the playoffs.


4 wins would be a program record as well according to caserace's website


Have a very good shot at getting to a 5-3 record with the game against North Border tomorrow.


Have to give FW a lot of credit. Lost their best player in a Tuesday game and still able to edge Nelson County to earn their first playoff berth in program history. Playing a JV schedule just a couple years ago as well. It's a shame that they are not able to continue to build their program and forced to go with an independent 9man schedule in the next fball plan.



Yet another reason why there should be more factors in the placement of teams. Male enrollment shouldn't be the only factor.
The Schwab
User avatar
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3589
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am
Location: The Peace Garden State

Re: Playoff Scenarios

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Thats right!
in a State where many think the fact that there is 4 Football Divisions and there should be 3 Basketball divisions is peachy.... I would go on to say that the concentration needs to be on the systems in place for any sport or extracurricular activity in any of the schools who are allowed to participate...Public, Private, Reservation.

Not that its total free lance but there is a history of band aids and quick fixes and then up pops a true dilemma where a couple of years need to pass by and one only gets 4 years and its over....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4754
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Previous

Return to 9 - Man

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests