2018 Playoff Bracket

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:28 pm

and it's Oakes
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby packers21 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:33 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
winner-within wrote:Wind will be less than 10 mph and temp at 40 degrees and cloudy (no rain) according to forecast....so its changed a bit because some were thinking rain and or snow......it isn't Ironic that the 2 left in the east are both moving to 11 man next season, obviously there are nice enrollment numbers with both schools...Not sure what is sparking Oaks demographics? .......I agree with the fact there is good talent on Thompsons team but its always nice to have enough on the roster to give a guy a blow in a game if needed and their Coaching staff is stacked too. I know getting Satch Carpenter down there has added a big time football mind to the program....New Rockford showed a "ton of talent" too... the Ball just didn't bounce there way.......I don't know anything about Oaks but they said the last time they were in the semi's was 1983 and Phil Hanson was a 7th grader? ......I got to do some hunting on their land in the late 90's and met his brother Steve, some really good guys! ........can Thompson beat the "Tornadoes" 2 times in 1 year?... :wink: :)


Which team is Carpenter coaching for this season?


Thompson
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:49 pm

packers21 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:
winner-within wrote:Wind will be less than 10 mph and temp at 40 degrees and cloudy (no rain) according to forecast....so its changed a bit because some were thinking rain and or snow......it isn't Ironic that the 2 left in the east are both moving to 11 man next season, obviously there are nice enrollment numbers with both schools...Not sure what is sparking Oaks demographics? .......I agree with the fact there is good talent on Thompsons team but its always nice to have enough on the roster to give a guy a blow in a game if needed and their Coaching staff is stacked too. I know getting Satch Carpenter down there has added a big time football mind to the program....New Rockford showed a "ton of talent" too... the Ball just didn't bounce there way.......I don't know anything about Oaks but they said the last time they were in the semi's was 1983 and Phil Hanson was a 7th grader? ......I got to do some hunting on their land in the late 90's and met his brother Steve, some really good guys! ........can Thompson beat the "Tornadoes" 2 times in 1 year?... :wink: :)


Which team is Carpenter coaching for this season?


Thompson


Didn't realize he was part of their program. Did he just start coaching there this season?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
User avatar
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3688
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:36 am
Location: Central ND

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby packers21 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:33 pm

I believe so, I know he has had family there for a few years.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Sniper » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:45 am

Saturday, November 3rd
G21: 3-2 (RV) Oakes (10-1) @ 1-1 (1) Thompson (10-0)
G22: 6-1 (5) Ray/Powers Lake (10-0) @ 5-1 (2) New Salem-Glen Ullin (10-0)
Sniper
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 am
Location: Bismarck, ND

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby 1976merc » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:25 pm

I don't like predictions but here it goes. The tommies and the holsteins fargodome. And I'm jumping in the stock trailer here. One for the West. I just don't think no one is gonna keep up. We'll see I guess. Go bovines
1976merc
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:20 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:58 am

Thompson
New Salem-Glen Ullin
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14340
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:30 am

1976merc wrote:I don't like predictions but here it goes. The tommies and the holsteins fargodome. And I'm jumping in the stock trailer here. One for the West. I just don't think no one is gonna keep up. We'll see I guess. Go bovines

You're a huge NSGU homer and that's fine. I am not.
NSGU 50-12
Thompson 34-26
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby SportsGuy1790 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Going to the NSGU - Ray/Powers Lake game. Will post updates.
SportsGuy1790
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby 1976merc » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Not really a homer. But there getting worked over in this first half. Didn't get a offensive touch in second quarter. This ray team is big and athletic. 7 to 0. Outlaws up
1976merc
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:20 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Browning » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Update?
Browning
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:33 pm

NSGU won 18-7
Thompson won 38-7
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14340
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby woodchuck10 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:15 am

CHAMPIONSHIP: 1-1 (1) Thompson (11-0) vs. 5-1 (2) New Salem-Glen Ullin (11-0) 25-24. FG wins it. Why not
User avatar
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 pm
Location: St. John, North Dakota

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby raider » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:06 am

CHAMPIONSHIP: 1-1 (1) Thompson (11-0) vs 5-1 (2) New Salem-Glen Ullin (11-0) 32-26 NSGU

Thompson/NSGU have the same QRF. Thompson has played 4 top ten QRF teams, #6, #7, #8 and #10. NSGU has played 3 top ten QRF teams (Shiloh twice) #5, #5 and #3.

If there is a team from the west that could win it, I think this is the team. I do not think there will be many, if any turnovers . . . I believe this game comes down to NSGU moving the chains and Thompson breaking some big plays. It should be an exciting game.
raider
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:19 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:58 pm

Thompson beats New Salem 34 to 28. I think New Salem is the more rounded team (I don't think they are quite as top heavy as Thompson). Thompson's top end talent is as good as anyone in the state and they have one heck of a coaching staff. It comes down to if New Salem can contain the QB and eliminate turnovers. Big time players make big time plays in big time games and the players I trust to do that at the end of the game are on Thompson's team. Should be a really competitive game but I think Thompson does what it needs to in the 4th quarter to win. Could be Thompson's last shot for a few years losing the seniors they do and moving up to 11 man.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby 1976merc » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:08 pm

I agree this is both teams last shot so to speak. I think high scoring game but I'm goin with the holsteins in a barn burner. I like the big arm of henke and speed of backfield. Roll cows 44 28
1976merc
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:20 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:35 pm

1976merc wrote:I agree this is both teams last shot so to speak. I think high scoring game but I'm goin with the holsteins in a barn burner. I like the big arm of henke and speed of backfield. Roll cows 44 28

maybe not in 9 man, but I doubt this is the last run Thompson makes at a state title in the next 5-7 years. All their athletic programs are too strong to not be consistent contenders.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:53 pm

Flip wrote:
1976merc wrote:I agree this is both teams last shot so to speak. I think high scoring game but I'm goin with the holsteins in a barn burner. I like the big arm of henke and speed of backfield. Roll cows 44 28

maybe not in 9 man, but I doubt this is the last run Thompson makes at a state title in the next 5-7 years. All their athletic programs are too strong to not be consistent contenders.


They'll contend with Oakes for the Region Title next year in 11-man Region 1.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14340
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Sorenson23 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:24 am

This is the second time in three years these two programs played for the state championship Thompson winning 54-20 over the Holsteins in the 2016 title game. I agree both sides have amazing talent. But I don't think its just about talent. I think its going to come to who wants in more. Prediction New Salem-GU wins this time around 36-28.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Sniper » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:53 am

CHAMPIONSHIP: 1-1 (1) Thompson (11-0) vs. 5-1 (2) New Salem-Glen Ullin (11-0)
Sniper
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 am
Location: Bismarck, ND

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby hoophoophoop » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:33 pm

thompson 42-8
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby BasketballKid » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:45 pm

That’s a bold prediction ^
BasketballKid
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:59 pm

42-34 NSGU
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Class B » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:08 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:thompson 42-8


East coast bias.
Class B
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:06 pm
Location: The Souris Valley

Re: 2018 Playoff Bracket

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:16 pm

Class B wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:thompson 42-8


East coast bias.


Region 1 bias
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14340
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests