2018 WEEKLY POLLS

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2018 WEEKLY POLLS

Postby Bacon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:04 pm

winner-within wrote:So are Thomp & NSGU equivalent to W-L and Cavalier last season in regards to the 2 teams to beat?

Cavalier beat Napoleon last year by two points. That was after Napoleon didn't have their starting QB the whole second half. Then W/L beat Cavalier by two points to go to state. I would say they were pretty evenly matched. Who knows this year. Will have to wait and see.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:35 pm

Bacon wrote:
winner-within wrote:So are Thomp & NSGU equivalent to W-L and Cavalier last season in regards to the 2 teams to beat?

Cavalier beat Napoleon last year by two points. That was after Napoleon didn't have their starting QB the whole second half. Then W/L beat Cavalier by two points to go to state. I would say they were pretty evenly matched. Who knows this year. Will have to wait and see.

Good call. I forgot about that.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:35 am

The Cavalier vs Nap game was close but Cavalier played much better the week before vs Thompson (they were ready)....would have been fun to see W-L and Cavalier play on dry land....these snow bowls and slop bowls don't tell the whole story about a Football team IMO but thats how it goes with Mother Nature...there will be more of them this week in the East it looks like.......

I asked the question to gather thoughts...good responses.. :)

my own thoughts are, there are more teams than 2 or 3 that could win...the top 5 are all very solid
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby birthday » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:36 am

winner-within wrote:The Cavalier vs Nap game was close but Cavalier played much better the week before vs Thompson (they were ready)....would have been fun to see W-L and Cavalier play on dry land....these snow bowls and slop bowls don't tell the whole story about a Football team IMO but thats how it goes with Mother Nature...there will be more of them this week in the East it looks like.......

my own thoughts are, there are more teams than 2 or 3 that could win...the top 5 are all very solid

That was because they were playing a better team In Napoleon
birthday
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:00 pm

birthday wrote:
winner-within wrote:The Cavalier vs Nap game was close but Cavalier played much better the week before vs Thompson (they were ready)....would have been fun to see W-L and Cavalier play on dry land....these snow bowls and slop bowls don't tell the whole story about a Football team IMO but thats how it goes with Mother Nature...there will be more of them this week in the East it looks like.......

That was because they were playing a better team In Napoleon

I would agree....

is Napoleon better this year than last year?
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby birthday » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Still room to improve but they can be
birthday
NDPreps Starter

Postby Browning » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:29 pm

Napoleon’s skill players are better than last year but their line play doesn’t seem to be as good. Tough team to stop as they’re two dimensional with an excellent scrambling QB who wears out D lineman by the third quarter. Cavalier is going to give them a matchup problem as they have two huge linemen that are disruptive. Should be a close game. I think it comes down to Napoleon being able to stop Cavaliers run game behind that big line.
Browning
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man