Region 1 predictions

The teams in 9 Man

Region 1 predictions

Postby The Caveman » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:54 pm

Does anyone have any really early predictions for region 1?
"Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so you are insulting yourself." ~Adolf Hitler
The Caveman
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 12:16 am

Re: Region 1 predictions

Postby The Caveman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:42 am

because with Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, Thompson, and Hankinson in the region there is plenty of teams gunning for number 1 in that region (not knocking any other region 1 teams, just the first three that popped into my head!)
"Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so you are insulting yourself." ~Adolf Hitler
The Caveman
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 12:16 am

Re: Region 1 predictions

Postby thewwwebb » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:54 pm

The Caveman wrote:because with Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, Thompson, and Hankinson in the region there is plenty of teams gunning for number 1 in that region (not knocking any other region 1 teams, just the first three that popped into my head!)


My prediction is it will be Thompson first in the Region and Hankinson second.
Not sure how well Wyndmere/Lidgerwood will do after graduating that amazing class of seniors. I'll grant you I don't know how talented their underclassmen are because most of them never saw meaningful time, could be that they have talent laying in wait!

I picked Thompson because they were the only team other than Cavalier to get within 10 points of W/L. Although they did lose some VERY good seniors too, they didn't lose quite as much as W/L.

Hankinson's appears to have a bunch of returning starters so they will make a run. Think it will come down to those 2 teams for sure for the Region championship.

May-Port will be sneaky good, they've got some young lineman that have been playing together for a few years now and Hatton/Northwood will surprise some people too.

Here's my early prediction:
1. Thompson
2. Hankinson
3. May-Port
4. Hatton/Northwood
5. Wyndmere/Lidgerwood
6. Richland
7. Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page
thewwwebb
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:45 pm

Re: Region 1 predictions

Postby The Caveman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:40 am

thewwwebb wrote:
The Caveman wrote:because with Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, Thompson, and Hankinson in the region there is plenty of teams gunning for number 1 in that region (not knocking any other region 1 teams, just the first three that popped into my head!)


My prediction is it will be Thompson first in the Region and Hankinson second.
Not sure how well Wyndmere/Lidgerwood will do after graduating that amazing class of seniors. I'll grant you I don't know how talented their underclassmen are because most of them never saw meaningful time, could be that they have talent laying in wait!

I picked Thompson because they were the only team other than Cavalier to get within 10 points of W/L. Although they did lose some VERY good seniors too, they didn't lose quite as much as W/L.

Hankinson's appears to have a bunch of returning starters so they will make a run. Think it will come down to those 2 teams for sure for the Region championship.

May-Port will be sneaky good, they've got some young lineman that have been playing together for a few years now and Hatton/Northwood will surprise some people too.

Here's my early prediction:
1. Thompson
2. Hankinson
3. May-Port
4. Hatton/Northwood
5. Wyndmere/Lidgerwood
6. Richland
7. Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page


I agree with your region championship predictions, but the rankings i think that this order would be more correct.

1. Hankinson (Lots of returning starters and will have a good defense anchored by Hayden Boll)
2. Thompson (I say Hankinson could beat them in a close game)
3. May-Port (I agree with you on this one)
4. Wyndmere/Lidgerwood (Again, another strong team normally, returns some decent players)
5. Hattong/Northwood (not much to say on these guys)
6. Finley-Sharon/Hope-Page (With Jake Ihry coming back and him being a junior i think theyll be good)
7. Richland (Lost some good players... Thats all i have to say on that)
"Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so you are insulting yourself." ~Adolf Hitler
The Caveman
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 12:16 am

Re: Region 1 predictions

Postby hoophoophoop » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Richland never had a senior on team last year, so who did they lose, they started an 8th grader at center last year
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: Region 1 predictions

Postby The Caveman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:46 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:Richland never had a senior on team last year, so who did they lose, they started an 8th grader at center last year


1)sent you a pm on why i put them where they did

2) Honestly i think that the bottom three for sure, and maybe the bottom 4 you could pick out of a hat and get the order theyre in, same thing with the top three, but none of us will know until the season starts and we get to see how much each team has improved
"Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so you are insulting yourself." ~Adolf Hitler
The Caveman
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 25, 2017 12:16 am

Re: Region 1 predictions

Postby d_fense » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:51 am

The Caveman wrote:
hoophoophoop wrote:Richland never had a senior on team last year, so who did they lose, they started an 8th grader at center last year


1)sent you a pm on why i put them where they did

2) Honestly i think that the bottom three for sure, and maybe the bottom 4 you could pick out of a hat and get the order theyre in, same thing with the top three, but none of us will know until the season starts and we get to see how much each team has improved


I'm not sure that people realize there is a PM system on the site. I have a number of messages in my "outbox" that just sit there not being opened. The PM'ing system is really a great way to communicate on this site. I learn more from that than reading posts. Particularly the last year plus as the number of posts dwindles.

People, please check your messages!!!
d_fense
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 am
Location: Small town eastern ND

Re: Region 1 predictions

Postby hoophoophoop » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:06 pm

what is a pm message and where can you find it
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Re: Region 1 predictions

Postby OldSchoolBaller » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:18 pm

Go to User Control panel on top of page and then go to Private Messages.
“It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” - Paul "Bear" Bryant
OldSchoolBaller
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Re: Region 1 predictions

Postby hoophoophoop » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:22 pm

thanks
hoophoophoop
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:15 pm


Return to 9 - Man

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests