Cavalier vs Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

The teams in 9 Man

Cavalier vs Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Postby steel » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:44 pm

Any thoughts or predictions. Looks to be a wild one. Weather is supposed to be a little chilly and could be windy. Common opponents only are Thompson and Sheyenne-New Rockford. I think both offenses are plenty explosive and I believe both can run and pass equally as well. Wyndmere hasn't really been tested in the playoffs, while Cavalier survived a slugfest with Napoleon. I am a Tornado fan but it looks like they really have their work cut out for them this week. Quite a few believe Wyndmere-Lidgerwood is by far the best team in the state.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Re: Cavalier vs Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Postby bounce_32 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:29 pm

I hope to see the Tornadoes use every square inch of the field on Sat. What I'm saying is, switch it up some. The running game wasn't the most effective against NGS. Cav has a couple very capable receivers to go to and Urlab has the arm to get it to them. Reversals can be very effective! Keep the "D" on their toes at all times, don't let them figure out the game plan. Defense needs to have eyes in the back of their head!! It's going to be another battle for sure. Cav needs to play 100% all 48 minutes. Don't really know much about W/L. steele, some believe the earth is flat also. Ha Ha, Good luck to both teams!!
Talent is never enough, it's usually the hardest workers that come out on top!
bounce_32
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:00 pm

This is going to be a great game with two very good QB's on each side.

However, Cavalier hasn't seen anything like Wyndmere-Lidgerwood this year. W-L has lots of speed and skill, and they are very mentally & physically tough. They do not commit many mistakes and they have an excellent coach in Strenge. They don't rely on 1 guy, they have 5-6 guys that they go-to which is unlike any other team in ND 9 man FB. I believe Cavalier needs to play a perfect game to have a chance because W-L is going to come ready.

I'll take W-L 34 - 20
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bounce_32 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:44 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:This is going to be a great game with two very good QB's on each side.

However, Cavalier hasn't seen anything like Wyndmere-Lidgerwood this year. W-L has lots of speed and skill, and they are very mentally & physically tough. They do not commit many mistakes and they have an excellent coach in Strenge. They don't rely on 1 guy, they have 5-6 guys that they go-to which is unlike any other team in ND 9 man FB. I believe Cavalier needs to play a perfect game to have a chance because W-L is going to come ready.

I'll take W-L 34 - 20

Replace Strenge with Laxdal and you just described the Cavalier Tornado football team...... :D
Talent is never enough, it's usually the hardest workers that come out on top!
bounce_32
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mossy84 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:03 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:This is going to be a great game with two very good QB's on each side.

I'll take W-L 34 - 20

I think the same thing was said about the 2012-2013 teams from W/L --- the Warbirds came into Cavalier and really dominated the game so it definitely can be done ---Coach Strenge has been there before and knows what to expect. I think it will be a close match up but the Tornadoes have to many assets to use that might make the Warbirds turn into spinning whirlybirds

Tornadoes- 48-42
Mossy84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bacon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:00 pm

I'll take Wyndmere by two scores. Just a gut feeling. No other reason.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:49 am

If I know one thing about this Wyndmere team it is that they will be up for this game. Strenge does a pretty good job having his kids worked up and ready to play in big time games. They will need it for this very tough Cavalier team who is going to give the Warbirds everything they can ask for and more. IMO this may be the game of the year for any level. Good luck to both teams and hopefully the weather stays at least decent for this matchup.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bacon » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:54 am

The weather looks to be horrible. Calling for snow and cold.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby bulldog_power » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:17 am

If the weather and field conditions are terrible I will take cavalier, but I am expecting a great game from these to teams and expect the winner to take the Dakota bowl next week.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby steel » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:26 am

I wonder who most think the weather conditions, lots of snow and a slick field, will affect the most. I believe it will bother WL more because they run alot of gadget and trick plays, halfback passes, reverses, counters etc. You try to do that on a slick and poor field and that is a recipe for disaster if footing isn't very good. It is supposed to be about 3 inches of snow on Saturday and I think Cavalier already got about a half a foot. Skill players are excellent on both sides so I believe whatever line plays the best, will win along with who can limit their turnovers with a cold wet ball. I believe this will be an excellent game. I believe it plays into Cavalier's favor that they have been tested more than WL by playing St. John, Thompson 2X, Napoleon while the only really difficult game WL has had was Thompson and maybe MayPort or Hankinson. I think WL has a little more speed but that will be negated by the weather and field conditions. I don't think Cavalier played their best last week, but I am sure the coaches will have the players sky high this weekend. Being able to run the ball in these conditions is a must.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:16 am

I'd think poor weather conditions would hinder Cavalier more than W/L. I think Urlaub will be the best player on the field. I think W/L will be affected less than Cavalier because I think they are the more talented team, being much deeper in skilled players. For this reason I think W/L will be able to concentrate more on Urlaub and I don't think the other players will be as big a threat as W/L's "other" players.

I usually find that adverse weather conditions hinder the defense more so than the offense, with the exception of very strong winds. A very strong wind can nearly eliminate a passing game. However, most other weather, I believe hurts the defense as much or more than the offense. Poor footing hurts the player that need to react more than the play that knows where they're going.

This should be a good game. I think W/L will come out on top.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby ToddZeile » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:55 pm

Cavalier wins this one easily......Not only are they the better team, they have home field advantage. Poor weather favors Cavalier, too. How will the Warbird offense manage in bad weather? Their offense is just a bunch of trick plays. Some of their plays look like something a random math teacher drew up on a napkin during a teacher in-service......Cavalier is too well coached to fall for that. This game will be over by halftime.
ToddZeile
NDPreps Reserve

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:03 pm

ToddZeile wrote:Cavalier wins this one easily......Not only are they the better team, they have home field advantage. Poor weather favors Cavalier, too. How will the Warbird offense manage in bad weather? Their offense is just a bunch of trick plays. Some of their plays look like something a random math teacher drew up on a napkin during a teacher in-service......Cavalier is too well coached to fall for that. This game will be over by halftime.

This is simply laughable. I am however excited to watch a game where one team's offense is all something a math teacher drew up on a napkin. If nothing else that should make it interesting.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ToddZeile » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Warbirds are in for a shock when they share the field with Cavalier. They haven't been tested yet. Cavalier's 8th grade team probably could have handled May-Port....
ToddZeile
NDPreps Reserve

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:11 pm

ToddZeile wrote:Warbirds are in for a shock when they share the field with Cavalier. They haven't been tested yet. Cavalier's 8th grade team probably could have handled May-Port....

Come on now lets not be ridiculous. It is fine to think your team is going to win but don't cut down programs and kids. If you think Cavalier is going to win say that but don't say that other teams are awful (and would be beaten by an 8th grade team) and attack coaches and offenses in ways that go way beyond football talk and is instead meant to just be insulting.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ToddZeile » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Good point....no disrespect to May-Port. I'm just saying the Cavalier program is just THAT good. Laxdal is a genius.
ToddZeile
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:31 pm

ToddZeile wrote:Good point....no disrespect to May-Port. I'm just saying the Cavalier program is just THAT good. Laxdal is a genius.

Really, a genius? He is a good coach, no questioning that. But he has been blessed with an awful lot of talent, as was his predecessor. Cavalier is a football school, and will continue to be for quite some time.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby steel » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Whoever Todd Zeile is they are not connected with the Cavalier football program in any way. I know the Tornadoes have a deep respect for WL team and tradition along with Coach Strenge. They are about the most down to earth kids you will find, ask some of their opponents, classy through and through. Both towns have rich football traditions and I think it will be a war. Good luck to both of them. My guess it is somebody from WL who wrote that trash. Whatever is written or said on this forum will have zero bearing on the outcome but it makes for good banter and fun. I am sure both sides need no extra motivation than a trip to the Dakota Bowl.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby HONKER » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:31 am

Is this game on the radio?
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:43 am

HONKER wrote:Is this game on the radio?

https://network1sports.com/station/kxpo

1340 AM.... :wink:

How ya Doing Honker!... :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:34 am

so what are the field conditions right now?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby d_fense » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:14 am

vikingman wrote:so what are the field conditions right now?

How high is the snow mama? Half foot high and rising. How high is the snow papa? She said half foot high and rising. Well the grass is covered in the field marks gone, this big snow blanket is covering all of the town. Hey look, the white stuff is still coming down. Half foot high and rising.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby HONKER » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:39 am

winner-within wrote:
HONKER wrote:Is this game on the radio?

https://network1sports.com/station/kxpo

1340 AM.... :wink:

How ya Doing Honker!... :)

Doing good. Was going to come up and watch the game but the weather shut me down.
HONKER
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:54 pm

anyone have any pics? I drove in the Cavlier area last night and it was not fun. Very difficult to see the road at night.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:18 pm

ToddZeile wrote:Cavalier wins this one easily......Not only are they the better team, they have home field advantage. Poor weather favors Cavalier, too. How will the Warbird offense manage in bad weather? Their offense is just a bunch of trick plays. Some of their plays look like something a random math teacher drew up on a napkin during a teacher in-service......Cavalier is too well coached to fall for that. This game will be over by halftime.

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood DEF. Cavalier 36-34
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Next

Return to 9 - Man