Cavalier vs Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Cavalier vs Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

Postby bigcoot » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:48 pm

Great game by both squads no turnovers in the conditions they played in.
bigcoot
NDPreps Rookie

Postby defensewinsgames » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:36 pm

ToddZeile wrote:Cavalier wins this one easily......Not only are they the better team, they have home field advantage. Poor weather favors Cavalier, too. How will the Warbird offense manage in bad weather? Their offense is just a bunch of trick plays. Some of their plays look like something a random math teacher drew up on a napkin during a teacher in-service......Cavalier is too well coached to fall for that. This game will be over by halftime.

I find it interesting that after watching the game I didn't see one single play that looked like a "math teacher drew it up on a napkin during an in-service." No trick plays just beat them by throwing the ball. Pretty straight forward game that was hard fought on both sides. One of the best games of any level I saw all year. The ridiculous things you said were proven to be ridiculous.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bacon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:26 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:
ToddZeile wrote:Cavalier wins this one easily......Not only are they the better team, they have home field advantage. Poor weather favors Cavalier, too. How will the Warbird offense manage in bad weather? Their offense is just a bunch of trick plays. Some of their plays look like something a random math teacher drew up on a napkin during a teacher in-service......Cavalier is too well coached to fall for that. This game will be over by halftime.

I find it interesting that after watching the game I didn't see one single play that looked like a "math teacher drew it up on a napkin during an in-service." No trick plays just beat them by throwing the ball. Pretty straight forward game that was hard fought on both sides. One of the best games of any level I saw all year. The ridiculous things you said were proven to be ridiculous.

That crow will need lots of gravy to help slide down. Lol.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Bacon wrote:
defensewinsgames wrote:

That crow will need lots of gravy to help slide down. Lol.

Don't take it to heart Bacon, there wasn't a person in this world (with any common sense) that thought either team would "win easily" although there were a few picking W-L by 2 to 3 scores (which is easily enough) and that I cant quite figure out either.....there was a lot more to this game than a few passes and a few runs but I wont get into that because its over....what I do know is the path to the Dome was hardest for Cavalier in who they had to play to get there and with the QRF and all I don't why it was....for instance Langdon goes out west and plays Velva and than comes back and gets an all east match up with HCV........why wasn't W-L out west playing Shiloh?? both NS-GU and Cavalier had a higher QRF

1 Cavalier (8-0) 39.4
2 New Salem/Glen Ullin (8-0) 38.9
3 Wyndmere/Lidgerwood (8-0) 37.4

Talked to a fellow at the Cedar Inn in Cav that night and he said he's been watching W-L football for 30 years and said "they were lucky to get a Win" ......I didn't totally agree with him and neither did his wife, haha...but I know what he was getting at!......
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:13 pm

I have no idea what this post above is getting at as it is cryptic as can be. Overall I thought it was a pretty straight forward game. Cavalier couldn't stop the pass and Wyndmere couldn't stop the QB run. Neither team could convert on extra points which was huge to the outcome. There was no significant officiating or controversy that changed the outcome. Two good teams played a dang good football game. Let's not minimize it by whining about who played who and other stuff. The playoffs are simple: you play the team your matched up with each week and the best team advances.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby EEDA » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:18 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:I have no idea what this post above is getting at as it is cryptic as can be. Overall I thought it was a pretty straight forward game. Cavalier couldn't stop the pass and Wyndmere couldn't stop the QB run. Neither team could convert on extra points which was huge to the outcome. There was no significant officiating or controversy that changed the outcome. Two good teams played a dang good football game. Let's not minimize it by whining about who played who and other stuff. The playoffs are simple: you play the team your matched up with each week and the best team advances.

Couldn’t have said it better.... Thank you !
EEDA
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:54 pm

winner-within wrote:....what I do know is the path to the Dome was hardest for Cavalier in who they had to play to get there and with the QRF and all I don't why it was....for instance Langdon goes out west and plays Velva and than comes back and gets an all east match up with HCV........why wasn't W-L out west playing Shiloh?? both NS-GU and Cavalier had a higher QRF

1 Cavalier (8-0) 39.4

I'm not sure how they would have done it with 6 regions, but even if they had WL never would have to go to Bismarck to play Shiloh. Shiloh didn't win their region and they had a lower QRF. If anything Shiloh would have went to Cavalier and WL to New Salem.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:42 pm

Flip wrote:
winner-within wrote:....what I do know is the path to the Dome was hardest for Cavalier in who they had to play to get there and with the QRF and all I don't why it was....for instance Langdon goes out west and plays Velva and than comes back and gets an all east match up with HCV........why wasn't W-L out west playing Shiloh?? both NS-GU and Cavalier had a higher QRF

1 Cavalier (8-0) 39.4

I'm not sure how they would have done it with 6 regions, but even if they had WL never would have to go to Bismarck to play Shiloh. Shiloh didn't win their region and they had a lower QRF. If anything Shiloh would have went to Cavalier and WL to New Salem.

thought more about it myself after I posted and yes that is more feasible in regards to QRF... and I know you are more familiar with the QRF Flip having seen it in MN.....and for the ones who think Winner-Within is "whining" get a grip!.... I have much much more to be concerned about than High School Sports......sometimes a little analization and evaluation can go a long ways as a system comes into play......Look at it like this, I'm not saying there should be instant replay :wink:
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby steel » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:24 pm

Without sounding like sour grapes, there was alot of controversy on officiating. A WL fumble recovered by 2 Cavalier players was given back to WL don't know for what reason. The chains and ball got moved on a 4th down that was originally awarded to Cavalier and later changed after ball was moved. That being said, you can't give up 3rd and 29 for a TD and have a complete breakdown in pass coverage for a TD against an excellent team like WL and expect to win. Cavalier couldn't get off the field on long 3rd and 4th down on defense. Hats off to WL and Cavalier, very exciting game. I might be wrong, but I suspect that was the real championship game without trying to offend Shiloh-Christian.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:21 pm

steel wrote:Without sounding like sour grapes, there was alot of controversy on officiating. A WL fumble recovered by 2 Cavalier players was given back to WL don't know for what reason. The chains and ball got moved on a 4th down that was originally awarded to Cavalier and later changed after ball was moved. That being said, you can't give up 3rd and 29 for a TD and have a complete breakdown in pass coverage for a TDagainst an excellent team like WL and expect to win. Cavalier couldn't get off the field on long 3rd and 4th down on defense. Hats off to WL and Cavalier, very exciting game. I might be wrong, but I suspect that was the real championship game without trying to offend Shiloh-Christian.

That TD was ran in....................and you can't do a lot of things that were done "against an excellent team like W-L and expect to win"
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to 9 - Man