Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

The teams in 9 Man

Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby Ziva378 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:49 am

These 2 teams have a recent playoff meeting that despite being heavily favored ended with a Napoleon upset! Went to Saturdays Thompson vs Cavalier game and were surprised by the 38 point win for Cavalier. Though heard from Thompson fans they were down 1 or 2 key players which in 9 man can really influence the outcome of a game. Have no dog in this fight, but given the recent playoff meeting with these 2 teams we heard a comment leaving that could affect this game. Someone said our next real game is Wyndmere. Given the result of the previous playoff meeting; I was surprised to hear that. Guess will see what happens Saturday, but if Cavalier has even the most minor hiccup it could make for an interesting game!
Ziva378
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:43 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:48 am

The fans may have said that but I willing to bet Sandy Laxdal there coach is not thinking that. He will have his team prepared and ready to play there game against Napoleon GS. He is too good of coach to let his team to be thinking ahead instead of taking care of business. This should be good game because both teams have long history of putting good teams on the field and having winning traditions in high school football.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:51 am

Ziva378 wrote:These 2 teams have a recent playoff meeting that despite being heavily favored ended with a Napoleon upset!

FWIW, I went back and looked and on this forum 8 picked Cavalier and 4 picked Napoleon.

if Cavalier has even the most minor hiccup it could make for an interesting game!

I don't see it. I don't think you can have as many competitive games as Napoleon has had and beat, what is IMO, the best team the state.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3417
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby steel » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:33 am

I believe a huge difference is where the game is played. Cavalier is extremely tough at home and their fans really get into it. Both teams are undefeated and I can guarantee you knowing the Cavalier coaching staff and players pretty well, nobody directly associated with that team is overlooking Napoleon. Last years game is in the back of their minds and so is payback. Napoleon has an excellent QB and RB this year and a great FB tradition that no one on Cavalier will take lightly.
steel
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby winner-within » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:57 am

B-oldtimer wrote:The fans may have said that but I willing to bet Sandy Laxdal there coach is not thinking that. He will have his team prepared and ready to play there game against Napoleon GS. He is too good of coach to let his team to be thinking ahead instead of taking care of business. This should be good game because both teams have long history of putting good teams on the field and having winning traditions in high school football.



Also if a spectator said that, it could very well be a non-Cav person....the place had a lot spectators

all 4 teams on the east side are playing Football this weekend, they're also dealing with Mother Nature in a different way than last Sat.

Cav
W-L
MPCG
Nap-S-G

you can bet none of these teams are taking anything lightly......
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4551
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby bounce_32 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:07 am

Cav will be ready! Nap will be ready! Both undefeated! Everything on the line! Nobody can predict this game with 100% certainty! BUT............................................"THE GAME IS IN CAVALIER" and this is
is a major factor. JM2C :D
Talent is never enough, it's usually the hardest workers that come out on top!
bounce_32
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:08 am
Location: ND

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby spartan11 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:28 pm

[quote="Ziva378" Went to Saturdays Thompson vs Cavalier game and were surprised by the 38 point win for Cavalier. Though heard from Thompson fans they were down 1 or 2 key players which in 9 man can really influence the outcome of a game.


You heard wrong. Thompson was at full strength for the duration of the game.
Pressure is a feeling you get when you dont know what the heck your doing
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:00 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby steel » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:40 pm

Cavalier was the team down one of their best players, Conley Carrier, but will be back this weekend.
steel
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:46 pm

steel wrote:Cavalier was the team down one of their best players, Conley Carrier, but will be back this weekend.

I was very impressed with Andre Carrier. Great ball skills and he's huge.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3417
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:26 pm

Flip wrote:I don't see it. I don't think you can have as many competitive games as Napoleon has had and beat, what is IMO, the best team the state.

Good game by Napoleon. I thought Cavalier would win easily. Napoleon probably wins if they don't lose their QB at the end of the 1st half.
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3417
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby birthday » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Napoleon outplayed cavalier and deserved to win the game, not cool that Fettig got hurt would of been a different outcome in my opinion, but that interception overturn with 5 minutes left was horsecrap
birthday
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:53 pm

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby steel » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Lots of calls could have went both ways. Dual possession goes to offense. Napoleon's last touchdown lineman was 20 yds. downfield on a fumbled snap and TD called on 4th down. Numerous holding calls not called. I am a Cavalier fan, but was very impressed with Napoleon's grit and toughness, you can tell alot of them are good wrestlers, very hard-nosed. Cavalier was very fortunate to survive for sure. I think they overlooked Napoleon, and almost had their season ended. Hats off to the Imperials on a great season and go Tornadoes next week. I know they definitely earned Cavalier's respect.
steel
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby spartan11 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:35 pm

There were other “horse crap”calls that went napoleons way. That call was questionable, but plenty that went the other way. From the stands it was hard to tell who had the ball on the interception. It looked like napoleons linemen were down field on their last touchdown. Great game by both squads.
Pressure is a feeling you get when you dont know what the heck your doing
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:00 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby Browning » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:13 pm

To say that there were plenty of calls that could have been called is not being fair to the timing of the play/call. The call was made an interception by the ref standing five feet from the play. It was not dual possession Napoleon defender was on his back with the ball in both hands and the Cavalier player then grabbed it. It was called an interception and there is no way that call should be overturned it’s not like there’s a monitor to go review. It was total horse crap as previously stated. At the end of the game that’s a game changing call total momentum changer. Unfortunately Napoleon was the better team and the refs gave it to Cavalier. With Fettig in the game the whole game Napoleon wins by two or three scores.
Browning
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby Browning » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:34 pm

To say that Cavalier overlooked Napoleon is upsetting for those that actually watched that game. Napoleon players physically beat them and the Napoleons coach was by far the better coach. But for an injury and/or a bad call Napoleon is hosting next week.
Browning
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:00 pm

Browning wrote:To say that Cavalier overlooked Napoleon is upsetting for those that actually watched that game. Napoleon players physically beat them and the Napoleons coach was by far the better coach. But for an injury and/or a bad call Napoleon is hosting next week.


They wouldn't have been hosting had they won...Wyndmere-Lidgerwood had the #3 QRF ranking...Napoleon was #6...W-L would have been hosting.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 13520
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby Mossy84 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:52 am

Browning wrote:To say that Cavalier overlooked Napoleon is upsetting for those that actually watched that game. Napoleon players physically beat them and the Napoleons coach was by far the better coach. But for an injury and/or a bad call Napoleon is hosting next week.


If that’s the case I hope Coach Kelly McCleary gets Coach of the Year... Napleon may have out coached them in the first half but seemed like cavalier came back and made some adjustments at half to get Weigel and the rest of the imperials on there toes and that’s why they won the game.. not the refs it’s unfortunate what happen to Fetig as he is a great athlete but that’s the game of football. Napleon will be a heck of a team in years to come and hats off to them for a great year.
Mossy84
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:31 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby spartan11 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:44 pm

Browning wrote:To say that there were plenty of calls that could have been called is not being fair to the timing of the play/call. The call was made an interception by the ref standing five feet from the play. It was not dual possession Napoleon defender was on his back with the ball in both hands and the Cavalier player then grabbed it. It was called an interception and there is no way that call should be overturned it’s not like there’s a monitor to go review. It was total horse crap as previously stated. At the end of the game that’s a game changing call total momentum changer. Unfortunately Napoleon was the better team and the refs gave it to Cavalier. With Fettig in the game the whole game Napoleon wins by two or three scores.



I’m sure you had a great look at it from the Napoleon sideline. The play happened outside of the hash toward the cavalier sideline. With that said it was a questionable call. Maybe it shouldn’t have been overturned but maybe the cavalier kid had possession with the Napoleon kid. Maybe the timing of it was terrible, but when is a play like that ever good timing? I honestly don’t think cavalier overlooked Napoleon. How do you overlook a team that knocked cavalier out of the playoffs a year before and was undefeated. And as for the refs giving it to cavalier, that’s ridiculous. Napoleon is a well coached, tough, young team. They battle, but so does cavalier.
Pressure is a feeling you get when you dont know what the heck your doing
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:00 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby bounce_32 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Ok, all I read here is a bunch of opinions. NGS is a very good football team. They wouldn't have been 9-0 of they weren't. The injury to Fetig it did not help them. Cav has played with injury since day one. You overcome it and proceed. That's what a true football team does. Would the score have been different if NGS qb wasn't hurt? Who knows! And no one does or did 100%. The Tornadoes won on Saturday period!!! Can't change it! Get over it! Move on! NGS is one heck of a football team, and they showed the best sportsmanship of any team that has come to Cavalier this season. They should be proud. I'm proud of them! Call it what you will. Their are no ties in football, and Cav got the "W"
Talent is never enough, it's usually the hardest workers that come out on top!
bounce_32
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:08 am
Location: ND

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby Loudnproud » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:30 pm

The fact that there are so many post on this game tells you there probably were some issues. There were calls missed on both sides. heck after the game Cavalier fans were in the convenience store calling our players the dirtiest team they seen all year. There was a camera guy there that said it was the worst officiated game he ever witnessed. So who really knows but 1) the claim of ineligible down field. Our kid never ever lined up as a lineman all day he was eligible. Cavalier basically screwed up dropping coverage to go for the ball carrier and then your coach complained and the refs talked about it and then signaled TD. 2) the interception our player came down with the ball the cavalier guy jumped on our guy and fought for the ball. This happened not 5 yards from the ref and the ref made the call right away. So ask yourselves who was in better position that ref or the other that was 30 yards from the play to overturn it. If you made the call it usually is the right one then don’t change it. The difference here between the two plays is the Td play they huddled and made the decision before signaling Td. The interception the call was made emotions took over and then they reversed it totally wrong. It wasn’t a rule misrepresented it was another judges opinion that never made a call either way all day. That’s what’s hard to handle. He made that call quickly which to me says I saw it correctly. Grow a pair and stay with your decision. Idk maybe it was to cold for the refs to pay attention. It was a great game on both sides. Just wish it wasn’t being talked about because of reffing. PS even the radio announcer were pretty perplexed on the overturned call.
Loudnproud
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby steel » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:36 pm

The worst call of the day was the so called fumble at about the Napoleon 15 when Cavalier was driving, when the receiver was blatantly down. The illegal man downfield was iffy, I probably have to agree with you. You could watch the replays on huddle online and the Cavalier receiver caught the ball after it was tipped and the Napoleon defender tried to rip the ball out of his arms when he was down. Overall, the officiating didn't decide the game. I can understand the emotions of Napoleon's team, it was a heartbreaker to lose and I don't remember a team ever playing harder than they did. There were plenty of holding that didn't get called. I am a little biased towards Cavalier, but I believe Napoleon got the benefit of the doubt most of the day. Whoever said the Imperials were a dirty team, doesn't follow Tornado football or know football. There were plenty of hard clean hits on both sides and people helping their opponents up with little or no extracurricular activity after the whistle. Both teams laid it on the line and it was a shame somebody had to lose. Yards were pretty close to even, penalties not so much. I think Urlaub just wouldn't let his team lose. Weigel was the toughest back the Tornadoes have seen this year in my opinion.
steel
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby vikingman » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:45 pm

Can you post a link to the Hudl on-line video?
vikingman
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby Footballfan15 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:05 am

What does any of this matter anymore? Bad calls both way, there was plenty of penalties not called that should have been called on both teams! Cavalier found a way to come back and that's all there is to it. Hats off to NGS for one heck of a battle! A win is a win folks.
Footballfan15
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:27 pm

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby winner-within » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:49 am

tell-tale story to this game is these teams have met 4 outta the last 5 years in the playoffs....these programs know one another....with the QRF and all, one would think that things would shake down a bit differently but then with that said a Team has to beat who stands in front of them.....Cav played #4 Thompson 2 times and won both then played #5 NapGS and won.....during the season it would have been cool to see a NapGS vs New Salem-Glen Ullin or a NapGS vs Shiloh Christian just to see how things would have measured up....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 4551
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Cavalier vs Napoleon G-S

Postby Mossy84 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:13 pm

steel wrote:The worst call of the day was the so called fumble at about the Napoleon 15 when Cavalier was driving, when the receiver was blatantly down. The illegal man downfield was iffy, I probably have to agree with you. You could watch the replays on huddle online and the Cavalier receiver caught the ball after it was tipped and the Napoleon defender tried to rip the ball out of his arms when he was down. Overall, the officiating didn't decide the game. I can understand the emotions of Napoleon's team, it was a heartbreaker to lose and I don't remember a team ever playing harder than they did. There were plenty of holding that didn't get called. I am a little biased towards Cavalier, but I believe Napoleon got the benefit of the doubt most of the day. Whoever said the Imperials were a dirty team, doesn't follow Tornado football or know football. There were plenty of hard clean hits on both sides and people helping their opponents up with little or no extracurricular activity after the whistle. Both teams laid it on the line and it was a shame somebody had to lose. Yards were pretty close to even, penalties not so much. I think Urlaub just wouldn't let his team lose. Weigel was the toughest back the Tornadoes have seen this year in my opinion.


Last time I checked Football is a team sport? .... Both are outstanding athletes , both are the center pieces of there team but both teams wouldn't have gotten there if wasn't for the TEAM-

Cavalier won as a TEAM and a tip of the cap to both coaching staffs and all players that apart of an outstanding game.....
Mossy84
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:31 am


Return to 9 - Man

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests