Wyndmere-Lidgerwood vs Thompson

The teams in 9 Man

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood vs Thompson

Postby steel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:49 am

This is a huge game with winner getting a bye and homefield for a few games anyway. When you compare scores with common opponents these two look pretty equal. I'm a little more familiar with Thompson. Excellent speed and skill position players. Schwabe very elusive, Sorby is tough, Reck hardnosed, Overby big tall excellent receiver, excellent center, Hughes multidimensional threat. W-L Moffet is a beast, good experienced QB in Harles, Vaszquez and Foertsch quick and tough. Churchill good RB. I think it is going to be a shootout and whoever wins turnover battle wins. WL is a tough place to play, fans are loud and right on you. I believe these are 2 of the 3 or 4 best teams in the state. I heard someone from Thompson broke an arm in North Prairie. Hate to see that happen anytime. Any other injuries? Any insights or predictions.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Re: Wyndmere-Lidgerwood vs Thompson

Postby Bacon » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:06 pm

I'll take Thompson by two scores. Neither team has been challenged much except Thompson with the Cavalier game. Should be a good game.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Bacon wrote:I'll take Thompson by two scores. Neither team has been challenged much except Thompson with the Cavalier game. Should be a good game.

I would say they have both been challenged a lot......just ask the Players on all teams in the State and you wiil find nothing is a cake walk in life .....unless your in a cake walk.......hats off to all the 9-man teams across the State
and be proud of your hard work...........
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby heimer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:34 pm

Game broadcast on 95.7 FM/1590 AM. www.957theforks.com
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby steel » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:43 am

Looks like this was a heck of a game. Any insights, summary. I heard Ryan Williams of Thompson was out with a concussion. I think he is their best lineman, I am sure they missed him
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:55 am

vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby airmail » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:45 pm

Yes, R. Williams was out of the lineup. He definitely isn't a player that is easily replaced in regards to both his talent and leadership. Hopefully he makes it back for a playoff run.

It really was a good game with two great 9 man teams. A few penalties hurt the Tommies at times, while W-L had none. W-L was fun to watch with a few of their trick plays, hurry up rushes, etc. They definitely kept THS on their toes. In the end WL scored on a critical drive which made it a two possession game putting it out of reach for THS. Some missed 2 point conversions put Thompson in that situation, so THS will need to tighten up on that aspect for the playoffs.
THS also couldn't convert on a few good pass opportunities to their receivers. WL brought the pressure most of the game which likely accounted for some of the pass miscues. THS really ran the ball well in the second half, but WL was able to make some stops at key times which sealed it up.

If (and that's a big if with Thompson's playoff path) they meet late in the playoffs, I'd still flip a coin. These teams seem to be very evenly matched on both sides of the ball.

Kinda off topic: Wyndmere has probably the best popcorn in the eastern ND class B school system (and given the miles on my car, I think I'm qualified to make such a statement). Don't quit making it at half time! :D
airmail
NDPreps Starter

Postby woodchuck10 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:01 pm

airmail wrote:Kinda off topic: Wyndmere has probably the best popcorn in the eastern ND class B school system (and given the miles on my car, I think I'm qualified to make such a statement). Don't quit making it at half time! :D

Munich had the best popcorn in Region 4 basketball. I think langdon plays a game there every year now
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man