Cavalier vs St. John

The teams in 9 Man

Cavalier vs St. John

Postby steel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:29 am

Any predictions or insights on this game. Anyone know the health of Urlaub and McGillis. Those are two of the best, if not THE best players in 9-man. Urlaub had a separated AC shoulder joint and McGillis a high ankle sprain. I know its a nonregion game but probably has a big QRF significance of which kind of looks pretty sketchy going by the first ratings. Its at Cavalier which should help them. Last years game came down to the end with Cavalier winning 40-36. If it is half that game, the fans will be in for a treat!
steel
NDPreps Starter

Re: Cavalier vs St. John

Postby Bacon » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Not knowing a lot about either team, I will take Cavalier on experience alone. They lost no players from last years team. Other than the injury at QB.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby bulldog_power » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:37 pm

This is the game of the week. Because it is one of the top teams in the east vs one of the top teams in the west. With that being said I think it will be a good indication of how the better teams match up with those from the other side of the state. That is if everyone is healthy on both teams. Should be a great game and possible preview of the championship
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Bacon wrote:Not knowing a lot about either team, I will take Cavalier on experience alone. They lost no players from last years team. Other than the injury at QB.

Cavalier lost a top lineman (to a knee injury) before the season started and another starting lineman from last year that is probable in the near future....they lost a starting defender/offensive skill player for the season in the first quarter of the Thompson game....and then in the third quarter of the Thompson game the older QB Urlaub went down........
Cavalier is, (needless to say, or needful to say, take it for whats it worth) is not near full strength....I do however, expect a good game vs St. John out of both teams.....
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bacon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:32 pm

winner-within wrote:
Bacon wrote:Not knowing a lot about either team, I will take Cavalier on experience alone. They lost no players from last years team. Other than the injury at QB.

Cavalier lost a top lineman (to a knee injury) before the season started and another starting lineman from last year that is probable in the near future....they lost a starting defender/offensive skill player for the season in the first quarter of the Thompson game....and then in the third quarter of the Thompson game the older QB Urlaub went down........
Cavalier is, (needless to say, or needful to say, take it for whats it worth) is not near full strength....I do however, expect a good game vs St. John out of both teams.....

Holy crap, I didn't know that. Just know they didn't have any seniors on the team last year. And they still beat Thompson? That's impressive.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby bounce_32 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:27 am

Forecast looks to be a rainy evening for football. It may affect both teams as far as the passing game goes. I know Urlab has been throwing the ball in practice. Will he be the captain of the ship tomorrow? We'll see. Should be a good game! My prediction is Cav 26.....SJ 20
Talent is never enough, it's usually the hardest workers that come out on top!
bounce_32
NDPreps Reserve

Postby woodchuck10 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:42 am

I'll take the homer pick and go St. John 28 Cavalier 24
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mossy84 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:49 pm

bounce_32 wrote:Forecast looks to be a rainy evening for football. It may affect both teams as far as the passing game goes. I know Urlab has been throwing the ball in practice. Will he be the captain of the ship tomorrow? We'll see. Should be a good game! My prediction is Cav 26.....SJ 20

Is Urlab going to be the full time QB now or is the coaches son Laxdal going to take some snaps too? Had a few impressive starts -- even tho. they were against slower tier teams. His arm and feet were impressive.
Mossy84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Buck » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:54 pm

Cavalier. 30
St. John. 0
Final
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bacon » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:05 pm

Cavalier looks to be the real deal.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby bounce_32 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:13 am

Did not expect the score to be 30-0. St John had some costly fumbles. Cav did not seem to be as affected by the weather. On a side not my hats off to both teams for even showing up for the game. I have never stood in rain and wind for that long. It was NASTY!
Talent is never enough, it's usually the hardest workers that come out on top!
bounce_32
NDPreps Reserve

Return to 9 - Man