Way to early 2017 outlook

The teams in 9 Man

Way to early 2017 outlook

Postby bulldog_power » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:24 pm

Alright guys. What are your outlooks on next year. Here are my top five in both the east and west. They are in order I would rank them. I also think region 1 in the east will be the toughest region hands down.

West
St. John's
New salem
Shiloh
MLS
Divide county

East
Cavalier
Hankinson
Thompson
Richland
Linton
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Re: Way to early 2017 outlook

Postby cmplx6 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:39 pm

East Top 5: 1.Cavalier 2.Thompson 3.Larimore 4.Napoleon 5.Wyndmere
Region 1:
1: Thompson. Defending state champs lose a ton of talent, but also played a ton of talent and return enough to win 8 regular season games again.
2: Wyndmere/Lidgerwood. Alot of young talent on the team. Wyatt Harles will be one of the best QB's in 9-man next year. Moffet will lead a great OL.
3: Hatton/Northwood. If they can avoid the injury bug they can win 6 games in the regular season. Gorres will have a good year.
4: Hankinson. They will find out early how much they will miss Mauch. But there is enough talent there to get into the playoffs again.

Region 2:
1: Cavalier. Basically the entire team returns. They will have the State Player of the year in Urlaub. My pick to win the state championship.
2: Larimore. coming down to 9-man they will have to adjust their offense and defense, but this team has talent and in 9-man will have more depth.
3: New Rockford. They will beat the bottom of this region up pretty good and get blown out by the top two teams.
4: North Border. Carter Brown will have to get better to shoulder the load of this team.

Region 3:
1: Napoleon. They will love not having to play Shiloh in the regular season. Jamison Fettig will be a big playmaker for them.
2: Kidder County. They will look to keep improving next season. Played great in the playoffs.
3: Lamoure. They had a terrible off year. Look for them to rebound.
4: South Border. They are loaded with young talent. They could be good for a couple of years.

West Top 5: 1.Shiloh Christian 2.St.John 3.North Prairie 4.Divide County 5.New Salem
Region 4:
1: St. John. They return too much talent compared to the rest of the region. They bring back their QB and RB, FB, WR. QB will be region player of the year if the RB doesn't get it.
2: North Prairie. They lose so much offensive production, and the back-ups were not world beaters. They will come back to earth this year. But they will still win 6-7 regular season games.
3: TGU. This machine keeps pumping out 7-8 wins a year on average over the last 10 years. I could see that again without any problem.
4: North Star. The #4 team out of this region is a real toss-up. North Star might be on an up-tick this season.

Region 5:
1: Shiloh Christian. This team will represent the west this season in the Dakota Bowl. #32 will run for 2000 yards. There is enough talent on this team to win and win big in region 5.
2: New Salem. They will make another good run in the playoffs. They lose a bunch but bringing back that QB is big.
3: Hettinger/Scranton. Kludt is a special player, provided he doesn't get injured he will run circles around the rest of the state. But they need to find some more help for him.
4: Grant County. They have some great young talent, good lineman. Rest of the region doesn't return much.

Region 6:
1: Divide County. The QB Jenkins is a special player. So is Eriksmoen. Those two give a potent 1-2 punch.
2: MLS. They lose almost every significant player they had last year. They will win 6 games and be one and done in the playoffs for a 3rd year.
3: Tioga. Very weak region gives the Pirates a chance to take 3rd. They don't bring back alot.
4: Surrey. They are happy to be playing Ray, Trenton, and Parshall and get to go to the playoffs.
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby steel » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:14 pm

I agree with most of your predictions. I think the west will come down to St. John and Shiloh and I would give it to the team that has the homefield. In the East, I definitely think Cavalier should be the favorite if they can stay healthy. They were really young last year and return their whole team. I don't think Larimore should be remotely that high, they lost the farm. Region 1 will definitely be the toughest overall. I think you are selling Wyndmere-Lidgerwood and Hankinson a little short. I think May-Port could be a darkhorse. Thompson will always be tough with their athletes and numbers. Napoleon will be decent as well as Linton, tradition and athletes. I still think Lamoure will be down. I think Lakota-Edmore could be a darkhorse in Region 2. If I had to pick the team to beat, I would go with Cavalier because with Urlaub at QB they are just as dangerous running the ball or passing and his young line will be a year older and he has plenty of targets to throw to. Even though they are in different regions now I think Thompson-Cavalier open the season up and the Tornadoes also kept St. John on their schedule. Those 2 games I believe will be worth the price of admission.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sorenson23 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:18 pm

My Predictions for Region 5

1. Shiloh Christian
2. New Salem-GU​
3. Hettinger-Scranton
4. Mott-Regent
5. Central McLean
6. Grant County-Flasher
7. Richardton-T-H
8. Beach

I'll admit CM had a bad year a lot of injuries. But no excuses though still have to play well. I think they'll rebound maybe 3 or 4 wins. But I don't think they'll repeat last year's 2-6 mark. Jacobs is the only starter from last season returning at quarterback. I believe due to the injuries some guys saw some playing time and that experience could carry over this season. But I think next year (2018) they'll be better. If Shiloh stays healthy they'll represent the west. As long #32 is on the field but if he gets hurt then St. John has the edge will represent the west.

Predictions for the other regions:

Region 1

1. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
2. Thompson
3. Hatton-Northwood
4. Richland

Region 2

1. Cavalier
2. Larimore
3. New Rockford-Sheyenne
4. Lakota-Edmore

Region 3

1. Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter
2. Linton-HMB
3. Kidder County
4. LaMoure-L-M

Region 4

1. St. John
2. North Prairie
3. TGU
4. North Star or Drake-Anamoose

Region 6

1. Divide County
2. Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood
3. Tioga
4. Surrey

Top 5 in the East

1. Cavalier
2. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
3. Thompson
4. Larimore
5. Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter

Top 5 in the West

1. Shiloh Christian
2. St. John
3. Divide County
4. New Salem-GU
5. North Prairie
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bulldog_power » Mon May 22, 2017 11:15 pm

Sorenson,
I think you are giving shiloh to much credit saying they can win big in region 5 and represent the west. They won it last time they played in the region but it's a much much better region now then when they used to be in it. Back when they won the region the got to play bowman, center, and Trenton. All were easy wins. Now the region is tough game every week. I think they are a playoff team, but can't say they will win the region easily.
They are obviously doing something right there and have created a good football program that has had a lot of success the last Couple years, but a lot of those kids have graduated now so they may be back in the pack this year. Regardless of how things turn out it will just Be fun to get back to football
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sorenson23 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:21 am

I didn't say dominate region 5 all of Shiloh's games will be really close to call. I know Hettinger, New Salem-GU, and possibly Mott-Regent will be their three toughest games. But I'm hoping my Central McLean Cougars beat Shiloh this year but that's a big IF.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bulldog_power » Wed May 24, 2017 10:26 pm

Sorry Sorensen it was complex6 that made the statement about Shiloh winning big. They are good but seeing the teams in the region last year and what they bring back, I think Shiloh is in for tough games this fall. There aren't easy games like there used to be in the region
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:41 pm

My thoughts on 2017 9-Man season

REGION 1
1. Thompson
2. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
3. Hatton-Northwood
4. Hankinson
5. Richland
6. May-Port-CG
7. Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page

REGION 2
1. Cavalier
2. Larimore
3. New Rockford-Sheyenne
4. Lakota/Dakota Prairie
5. North Border
6. Midway-Minto
7. Four Winds

REGION 3
1. Napoleon/Gackle-Streeter
2. Linton-HMB
3. Kidder County
4. Oakes
5. LaMoure-LM
6. South Border
7. Strasburg/Zeeland

REGION 4
1. St. John
2. North Prairie
3. TGU
4. North Star
5. Benson County
6. Drake-Anamoose
7. Dunseith

REGION 5
1. Shiloh Christian
2. Mott-Regent
3. New Salem-Glen Ullin
4. Hettinger-Scranton
5. Grant County-Flasher
6. Richardton-Taylor-Hebron
7. Central McLean
8. Beach

REGION 6
1. Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood
2. Divide County
3. Surrey
4. Tioga
5. Trenton/Trinity Christian
6. Ray/Powers Lake
7. Parshall/White Shield
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby New Guy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:59 pm

Does anyone know when the Pigskin will be out? I like to look at the Coaches Poll. It seems like they always have pretty good insight on how the region order will play out.
New Guy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:20 pm

Sounds like it is out...mine should be in the mail
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:40 am

I'll just give my opinion on Region 1.

I believe Wyndmere-Lidgerwood will be the team to beat. They have size, speed, & skill. They have a top level QB in Harles and some very quick RB's and WR's that all can handle the ball. They should be better than most on the defensive side of the ball, so it'll be a matter of if teams can outscore them. I expect them to go far in the state this year, and they may just win it all. I also believe they have an outstanding head coach.

Thompson has a lot of skill back, but size will also be their issue. They lose several lineman, a top RB & the best QB in the state last year, but they have a great program and Coach Schwab seems to get the most out of his players.

Hankinson will be very strong on Defense as usual. They don't have a lot of size, but they have two of the better Defensive players in the state in Race Kath and Hayden Boll. They have a 3 year starter at QB with Mason Falk and I expect a big senior season from him. There will be a lot of close games with a very tough Region 1 schedule, but their defense will be their strength. How far they go will depend on their depth, and they could surprise with a top 2-3 finish in the Region. They will certainly miss Cody Mauch who brings his talents to NDSU. He showed his playmaking ability with his Shrine Bowl performance and it's really tough to make up for that level of FB talent. Mauch and Calen Schwabe (Thompson) were the best players in ND 9 man last year and it'll be interesting to see how their respective teams perform this coming season.

Richland has a lot of skill & talent coming through the ranks. They will have speed that will be tough to match for most teams.

Hatton-Northwood returns a very good RB and they'll be better than last year.

MPCG was very young last year, and they return a lot of speed & skill. They were very underrated last year and competed in a lot of games. There was a young Satrom kid who I thought stood out for them last year on both sides of the ball. Their experience in close games will definitely help and this team will be much improved.

FSHP - I don't know much about this team, but they have a very tough beginning schedule with Napoleon, Thompson, W/L, and Hatton/Northwood to start the season.

Good luck to all the teams this season,
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:18 pm

I agree with undsiouxfan about WL being the cream of the crop in region 1. I also think that MPCG will be better than many think. I think they will make the playoffs this year.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sniper » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:07 pm

Region 5:
1. Bismarck
2. Mott-Regent
3. New Salem-Glen Ullin
4. Grant County-Flasher
5. Hettinger-Scranton
6. Richardton-Taylor-Hebron
7. Central McLean