Linton-HMB vs Napoleon Gackle-Streeter

The teams in 9 Man

Linton-HMB vs Napoleon Gackle-Streeter

Postby steel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:46 am

This looks like the game of the week here. Anybody have any insights, predictions on this. I believe the winner of this game gets a first round bye. I know Napoleon has a very good QB who is a dual threat running and passing. Linton seems to be doing well after opening game loss. Do they still run smashmouth off tackle football. I know Linton is usually very tough at home but I will go with Napoleon 28-24.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Re: Linton-HMB vs Napoleon Gackle-Streeter

Postby Bacon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:27 pm

Linton beat south border 14-12. Napoleon just beat SB 42-8. The 8 points were in the fourth qt after jv was put in. Sometimes that doesn't mean much but it has to account for something. I know napoleon is firing on all cylinders and are playing real solid football. The new offense with the three back setup is working well and the passing game is good as well. I would say the only concern is the pass defense. If the injury bug stays away I think they will go pretty deep into the playoffs.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby bulldog_power » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:19 pm

I think the game will be closer then most think. I think linton has gotten a lot better as the year as gone, but I still think Napoleon wins the game by 2 scores.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby scrappingerman » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:45 pm

There are actually 2 games being played in Region 3 that have play off implications. South Border vs Kidder County is a win your in / lose your out scenario.
As far as Linton vs NGS. I think the edge goes to NGS. NGS played Shiloh very close. Statistically both teams were similar. NGS had a few more penalties and turnovers. Shiloh won by two scores but the game was still winnable by NGS in the 4th.
NGS's defense is playing very strong. And the offense has 6 very good playmakers. Jangula at QB. The two fetting Brothers catching the ball. Bakken, Weigel and Bitz are all strong fast running backs. I think NGS wins this game but it is going to be a good one. These are two rivals and a lot of pride is at stake. On paper NGS should win but as the saying goes "That's why they play the game.
scrappingerman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bacon » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:22 am

Napoleon got the job done last night. It's never an easy game playing Linton, especially on their home field. The boys played hard and came out with the win. Linton has a heck of a qb and receiver. Napoleon shut down the run but were having trouble with defending the passing game. Good football played by both sides.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man