Cavalier at St. John

The teams in 9 Man

Cavalier at St. John

Postby woodchuck10 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:18 am

Whats everyone's thoughts on this game? St. John has two seniors and Cavalier has zero seniors. So two teams with many juniors and sophomores playing a lot.

Both teams played North Border. SJ won 50-0. Cavalier won 54-12.
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Cavalier at St. John

Postby The Schwab » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:33 am

I think this will be closer then most people expect. I'll take St. John in a shootout.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cmplx6 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Cavalier will win, but it will be with in a score. I don't think this will be a high scoring game. I think the defenses will force alot of 3 and 4 and outs. 24-22 Cavalier. But St. Johns is going to be one of the4 best teams out of the west.
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby bulldog_power » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:40 pm

I will take cavalier by 3 scores. Don't think St. John will be able to play physical enough to stay with them.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby steel » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:28 pm

Lots of speed on both sides. I think Cavalier is better defensively. Both teams have huge games next week, ST. John vs TGU and Cavalier vs Thompson so not sure how much starters play if any nagging injuries over a nonregion game. Cavalier has been slow starters this year. They can't afford that in this game, even with a long bus ride. I am a little bit of a homer but I say Cavalier 38-24 with the Tornadoes scoring a defensive TD to clinch in the 4th :lol:
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:43 pm

steel wrote:Lots of speed on both sides. I think Cavalier is better defensively. Both teams have huge games next week, ST. John vs TGU and Cavalier vs Thompson so not sure how much starters play if any nagging injuries over a nonregion game. Cavalier has been slow starters this year. They can't afford that in this game, even with a long bus ride. I am a little bit of a homer but I say Cavalier 38-24 with the Tornadoes scoring a defensive TD to clinch in the 4th :lol:

I agree that Cavalier is better on defense, and both have big games next week. I'd guess St. John and TGU will be a good game. I don't think Cavalier and Thompson will be close. I think St. John will have an advantage in quickness vs Cavalier. I don't think Cavalier has a lot of speed (particularly when comparing them to their teams of the past 15 years). Their advantage comes because of time in the weight room and from good coaching and tradition. I haven't had a chance to watch St. John yet this season,so my prediction of Cavalier winning by a couple scores doesn't have much knowledge base behind it. I think a steel's prediction sounds about right
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Buck » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:41 pm

Cavalier 40
St. John 36

Final
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Postby woodchuck10 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:08 pm

SJ looked like the more physical team and Cavalier was the fast team on Friday night. Would have liked to see SJ get the ball at the end after the squib/onside kick that Cavalier was doing. Nice game for both teams to play before their more important games this week.
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to 9 - Man