Sleeper teams

The teams in 9 Man

Sleeper teams

Postby Bacon » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:07 pm

Anyone got any sleeper team picks for each region. Lot of good teams from last year lost seniors and some didn't. Gonna be a fun year.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Re: Sleeper teams

Postby Bacon » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Nobody? I'll comment on region 3 since that's what I know. I think South Border will be better than people think and Napoleon should have a better team than last year. Time will tell. Linton lost a ton and so did Strasburg but there always seems to be kids to take there place. Any insight on other regions?
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sorenson23 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:43 pm

I'm familiar with region 3 South Border, Kidder County, Napoleon-G-S, & Central McLean should all favored in region 3 all four are my playoff teams from this region.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wilbur » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:58 pm

Interesting picks in Region 3, but I don’t see Shiloh, Linton and Strasburg-Zeeland all missing the playoffs. Kidder County has a lot of kids back, and so does South Border, but South Border lost its two best players in Rueb and Pinke. Napoleon also lost some key players, but should be in the hunt for playoff spot. Didn’t Central McLean lose 8 or 9 seniors from last year? In Class B, that is a lot of players to lose from one year to the next. Linton, Shiloh and Strasburg were essentially cleaned out from last year, and I don’t know what Shiloh has coming up. That has happened to Linton many times in the past, but they always seem to put a competitive team together. Strasburg lost 7 seniors—all of whom were key players for them the last 3 years. They will definitely struggle early, but they have some good athletes, and should be okay by the end of the season. Should be some good games within Region 3 during the season, but I think it will be one of the weaker regions overall in the east.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Linton also lost Dan Imdieke.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sorenson23 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:17 am

Central McLean lost 8 seniors but 4 of them were key players they were Jacobs, Faul, Wilson & Dammen. They return quite a few guys on both sides. And six key players in Cottingham, Sorensen, Anderson, Eichorst, Freeman, & LeRoy. But LeRoy suffered an ACL injury during basketball season last year more likely won't play his final year.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bacon » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:06 am

Flip wrote:Linton also lost Dan Imdieke.

Good point. I do believe they promoted a coach that has worked under him for a few years. Still not the same though. He was the number one reason that Linton has had such a successful football program over the years.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wilbur » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:30 pm

You’re right. Linton’s new head coach was an assistant under Imdieke for four seasons. One assistant coach has been under Imdieke for 30 years, and another has been an assistant with Linton for the last five or six years and played high school football for Imdieke. It will definitely be different for Linton Football this year, but they have such a strong tradition that the program won’t die overnight unless they allow it to. I think the current coaches won’t let that happen. I think it will help that the seniors, juniors and sophomores had Imdieke for a coach, so they know the work and dedication that is needed to have a winning program. Cavalier had a couple of down years after Oksendahl left in the early 2000s, but they have recovered nicely, and they continued the strong tradition in football.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cmplx6 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:03 pm

I think a big sleeper team is going to be New Salem. They return a ton of starters. On August 20th there will be 8 teams who could all be contenders playing each other at Shiloh Christian in Bismarck. We will find out really fast who the sleepers are and who the pretenders will be.
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby bulldog_power » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:54 pm

I am going with kidder county in region three and W-L in region 1. Winner of new salem and Mott wins that region and I will take TGU. Also MLS or divide county. Thompson is clear favorite for state champ. I also think central McLean will compete for region title, but losing there big kid will hurt. If cottingh an stays healthy they will be alright. As far as linton goes, until some proves there not a playoff team my money is on them to get back to the playoffs
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballislife33 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Richland is going to be a lot better than everyone thinks this year. Even though they lost 8 seniors, they still have Jake Ihland, Austin Roob, and Cooper Lingen coming back. These three had a huge impact on the team last year and will do the same this year. Also, they have one of the best if not the best coaches in the state and that will go a long way
footballislife33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:02 am

footballislife33 wrote:Richland is going to be a lot better than everyone thinks this year. Even though they lost 8 seniors, they still have Jake Ihland, Austin Roob, and Cooper Lingen coming back. These three had a huge impact on the team last year and will do the same this year. Also, they have one of the best if not the best coaches in the state and that will go a long way

I'm very surprised that Richland is not receiving any votes. I'm betting they are a top 5 team this year
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby steel » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:11 pm

I am sure they will. They probably have the player of the year in Ihland, but he might be wore out by the end of the year because I think he gets multiple touches and teams will really be keying on him.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man