WAY too early 2016 predictions

The teams in 9 Man

WAY too early 2016 predictions

Postby cmplx6 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:41 pm

So now that the State Games are done, what are some predictions for next season?

Top 4:
1) Shiloh
2) Thompson
3) Cavalier
4) M-L-S

I think all these teams return a ton of talent.
No North Praire or Richland? North Praire loses their QB(State Player of the Year), who was their team, and a D1 lineman. You don't lose that talent and repeat. Richland loses their QB, who is a STUD, their WRs, who carried the team when North Praire shut down #28. 28 is good but he won't have much help next year and 7 of Richlands starters on both sides of the ball were seniors.
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Re: WAY too early 2016 predictions

Postby bulldog_power » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:06 pm

Don't see Shiloh either. Looking at the rosters during their game vs. linton 6 or 7 of
There starters on both sides were seniors. Linton was right there with them on losing a ton of kids. Don't see either of those teams having the success they did this year.
In the west I think MLS brings most
Back and new Salem brings back a ton of kids as well
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:52 pm

Mott Regent will be tough out west
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jack Squad » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:54 pm

cmplx6 wrote:So now that the State Games are done, what are some predictions for next season?

Top 4:
1) Shiloh
2) Thompson
3) Cavalier
4) M-L-S

I think all these teams return a ton of talent.
No North Praire or Richland? North Praire loses their QB(State Player of the Year), who was their team, and a D1 lineman. You don't lose that talent and repeat. Richland loses their QB, who is a STUD, their WRs, who carried the team when North Praire shut down #28. 28 is good but he won't have much help next year and 7 of Richlands starters on both sides of the ball were seniors.

If I had to guess, Cooper Lingen, will be Richland's quarterback next year. He was one of their receivers this year. He wore number 1. They will still produce offensively with those two (Lingen and Ihland), but their defense is going to stuggle because of the loss of graduation.

Region 1 will be wide open with Hankinson, Richland, and Wyndmere-Lidgerwood being the favorites.
Jack Squad
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:23 pm

Thompson will be the best team in the state next season. Only saw them once in person and they were pretty impressive. They only had 3 seniors on the whole team, a running back and 2 receiver/dback types. Their best player returns along with some good looking underclass men who should push returning upperclass starters.

I'm a little surprised they didn't opt up with their numbers last go around. Hopefully in 2 seasons.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sorenson23 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:18 am

Central McLean loses 8 seniors plus 5 key players we return our entire offense and defensive line but our weakness could be possibly our QB position losing Jacobs. But we return a great RB in Cottingham and WR in Anderson. But we a great running team and after a full year back in 9 man i thought they played pretty well this year but they could contend for a playoff spot or possibly a region title next season. Finished (4-4) in 2015

I know its way too early to predict but i'm gonna have some fun with it.

Region 1 - Hankinson, LaMoure-L-M, Wyndmere-Lidgerwood, Hatton-Northwood

Region 2 - Thompson, Cavalier, New Rockford-Sheyenne, North Star

Region 3 - Central McLean, Strasburg-Zeeland, Linton-HMB, Kidder County

Region 4 - TGU, North Prairie, St. John, Benson County

Region 5 - Mott-Regent, R-T-H, New Salem-GU, Hettinger-Scranton

Region 6 - Mohall-L-S, Divide County, Tioga, (tossup between Trenton-TC or Kenmare-Bowbells)

But my full Region 3 Predictions

1. Central McLean Cougars
2. Strasburg-Zeeland Clippers
3. Linton-HMB Lions
4. Kidder County Pirates
5. Napoleon-G-S Imperials
6. Shiloh Christian Skyhawks
7. South Border Mustangs
8. Center-Stanton Wildcats

Can't Wait for Next Season :D
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bacon » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:31 am

Sorensen, I love your enthusiasm for your team. As far as your region 3 pics, other than Center-Stanton you can probably flip those pics from top to bottom and it will be a little closer. South border should be tough next year. Strasburg loses Neusma and I don't know how they will replace him. He was the team. Linton loses 9 or 10 seniors and most were starters. Napoleon loses two starters. Shiloh should be strong next year also. Don't know how you can put them towards the bottom in your pics. They should be top 5 in state.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:49 am

I'd say Region 4 would be TGU and St. John. Everyone else was hit hard by graduation and will have a lot of unknowns going in to the season.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bulldog_power » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:56 pm

Based on the teams I seen last year I would go with this for region 3
1- kidder county
2- central McLean
3- Strasberg
4-Linton
5-6- Shiloh/Napoleon
7- south border
8-center

Really I think the 4-7 spots could go to any o those teams in any order. Very
Tough region to call
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sorenson23 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:14 pm

I know Linton lost a lot and they also lost their coach. Shiloh lost a lot but their contend for a playoff spot i don't think they can stay a top 5 team forever. We were as good as Shiloh for awhile until they jumped us up to 11 man and couldn't do nothing. I respect what they've done as a program no one can take that away from them. But I've seen Kidder County play us this year for homecoming and Kidder County gave us a tough time. Kidder County could have been one of the four teams this year to make the playoffs. Kidder County and Central McLean could be the top 2 all depends how Strasburg and Linton regroup. If Strasburg and Linton regroup then Kidder County will get the last playoff spot.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Footballfan15 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:41 pm

Thompson will be the team to beat next year IMO. They return everybody but the 3 seniors: Larmier, and the Hjelmstad twins. There line was pretty decent this year and if they hit the weight room they will be very good next year. People might have a tough time stopping them. I do think Cavalier and Thompson will be a very good regular season game though.
Footballfan15
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cmplx6 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:54 pm

So since 1997 there have been 15 different teams to win the championship and only 3 repeat champions. So I think it is very safe to say that there will be someone new this year to emerge and surprise this year. Richland was 7-3 in 2014 and 2-7 the year before that. North Prairie came down from 2 successful seasons in class A. So what teams are primed for a surprise this year? I think a team that made the playoffs and has some good Junior talent returning.
All-State underclassmen that return on playoff teams:

Jake Ihland - Richland
Berkley Santos - MLS
Brody Cahill - North Prairie
Garrett Munro - North Prairie
Calen Schwabe - Thompson
Cody Mauch - Hankinson
Kolton Jesz -Kenmare
Josh Wallace - Mott
Brady Wegh - Mott
Andrew Perrin - Richardton
Kolter Schell - TGU

So if North Prairie and Richland don't repeat going to the state title game I am willing to bet that the two teams in the state championship will come from the following pool: (In no particular order)
Mott, TGU, MLS, Kenmare, Hankinson, Thompson. Looking at all of their rosters each team brings back some good juniors.

Just food for thought.
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:42 am

Thompson in a cake walk.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby cmplx6 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:51 am

Thompson won't have a cake walk. They still have Cavalier on their schedule. They only had 24 kids on the roster last year, but they only lose 3 seniors. I do think that they will be very, very tough. They are one of the bigger 9-man schools in the state. That #12 they have at QB is a stud, and he is an even better CB. #81 is a tough player as well. Be interesting to see how well their young players develop for next year. If #2 and #1 can be as good as #5 and #12 were this last year they will be a favorite for their side of the bracket.

I'm going to make a Top 5 for the East, and a Top 5 for the West:
East:
1) Shiloh
2) Thompson
3) Cavalier
4) Hankinson
5) Richland

West:
1) Mott
2) North Prairie
3) MLS
4) Richardton
5) Kenmare
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bacon » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:13 pm

d_fense wrote:Thompson in a cake walk.

They are getting bumped to class A after 2016 season.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Fri May 20, 2016 2:02 pm

cmplx6 wrote:Thompson won't have a cake walk. They still have Cavalier on their schedule. They only had 24 kids on the roster last year, but they only lose 3 seniors. I do think that they will be very, very tough. They are one of the bigger 9-man schools in the state. That #12 they have at QB is a stud, and he is an even better CB. #81 is a tough player as well. Be interesting to see how well their young players develop for next year. If #2 and #1 can be as good as #5 and #12 were this last year they will be a favorite for their side of the bracket.

I'm going to make a Top 5 for the East, and a Top 5 for the West:
East:
1) Shiloh
2) Thompson
3) Cavalier
4) Hankinson
5) Richland

West:
1) Mott
2) North Prairie
3) MLS
4) Richardton
5) Kenmare

I do not think North Prairie and Richardton will be top five teams in the west. Richardton lost their stud running back who carried that team. North Prairie lost their two best players, one was on the line and the other was their quarterback.

I agree that Mott and MLS will both be tough.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby cmplx6 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:46 pm

North Prairie still returns a lot of talent
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby cmplx6 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:44 am

After watching some teams at various camps and summer passing leagues I can make some better predictions. New Salem is going to be very tough this year. They return something like 8/9 starters on both sides of the ball and they are above average to really good at all positions. MLS has a stud on the line. They return a ton on both sides of the ball. They are going to be very tough. Wyndmere/Lidgerwood is going to be the favorite in region 1.
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:06 pm

A big game to start the season will be Mott-Regent vs. Hankinson - played at Shiloh field. Two teams that are probably in the top 10 in most people's minds. Both are expected to do well in their respected Regions so this should be a hard fought battle.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wilbur » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:29 am

In Region 3: Linton-HMB lost two really good running backs, its best receiver and three interior linemen on offense; and five pretty good players on defense. Strasburg-Zealand loses an All-State QB (Nieuwsma), four linemen and a running back on offense, plus their best receiver will probably have to move to QB this season.S-Z had a really good class of seniors last year, and they made up a third of their team. They will struggle with numbers for at least a couple of years, and if they take second in Region 3 like some people are predicting, then Region 3 will be very weak. Linton-HMB will be okay, but they won’t be a powerhouse, and Shiloh loses some very good players, including Zac Martin, who is one of the best QBs in the state IMO. None of those teams will be anywhere close to as good as they were last season. I think Napoleon, South Border and Kidder County should be improved teams, but they are also struggling with numbers, and I don’t know much about Central McLean. It is hard to tell who is the best team in the region coming in to the season, but I also think there are some teams that could surprise if their players have improved in the off-season. However, right now, it looks like the entire region will be down, as a lot of talent graduated across the board.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cmplx6 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:00 pm

The clock is ticking and the season is getting closer. I was on the NDHSAA website and I saw that now all of the schedules have been posted yet. Does anybody have any idea and the full schedules for the teams?
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:31 pm

cmplx6 wrote:The clock is ticking and the season is getting closer. I was on the NDHSAA website and I saw that now all of the schedules have been posted yet. Does anybody have any idea and the full schedules for the teams?

Run, has all the schedules. I'm not sure if he's posted them anywhere though.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:06 pm

Flip wrote:
cmplx6 wrote:The clock is ticking and the season is getting closer. I was on the NDHSAA website and I saw that now all of the schedules have been posted yet. Does anybody have any idea and the full schedules for the teams?

Run, has all the schedules. I'm not sure if he's posted them anywhere though.

http://www.northdakota-scores.net

I got all these updated in early July.

Not sure on all the times yet officially...I'd say those are 95% accurate (most games are 7:00p CT/8:00p CT for MT games on site)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Flip » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:00 pm

you're helping the scores.net sites?

was always a big fan of them until last year when they never activated me for a coach's account.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:06 pm

Flip wrote:you're helping the scores.net sites?

was always a big fan of them until last year when they never activated me for a coach's account.

hmmm...I don't deal with that aspect...just schedules (for ND) and scores (ND and some MN).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Next

Return to 9 - Man