Semifinal Predictions

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Semifinal Predictions

Postby Pit Bull » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:36 am

d_fense wrote:
Bacon wrote:No one has scored more than 24 points in one game all year against Shiloh, and now you think they will allow 50+ in one game. I don't think so. The more I look at this game, the more I believe Shiloh will win by 3+ scores. I don't think Richland has faced anywhere near the team that Shiloh is.

You don't think Richland has faced anywhere near the team that Shiloh is? Well Thompson is a pretty stout team. This is the same Thompson team that beat Strasburg/Zeeland by 37 compared to Shiloh's 28 point victory. This is the same Thompson team that Richland pulled away from last week after halftime.

Cavalier is another pretty good team Richland defeated by 30 points. They once again they were in a close game with Richland until halftime. This is the Cavalier team that beat Napoleon by 34 compared to Shiloh's 30 point win.

These scores lead me to believe, as I have all year, that Thompson, Shiloh, and Cavalier are very similar teams. All teams that are 3-5 td's behind Richland.

What about Richland barely getting by Hankinson and Linton dominating them? Heck the LLM fans were saying that they could have easily hung with Richland if not for some mistakes. Numbers don't mean squat and especially in these instances. You make it sound like Richland could have beat Cavalier last year which is ridiculous. Bottom line it has to do with match ups and I personally think Shiloh matches up well with anyone because they are so diversified and good defensively. I'm looking forward to a well played game between the two best teams in the State. TO will most likely be the deciding factor.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bacon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:55 am

Defense, you must be from around Richland. While I understand that you want to be supportive of your team, I believe that Shiloh is just too good and getting better as the season rolls on. Scores mean nothing if you weren't at the games to see how they developed. Napoleon hung right with Cavalier till the middle of the third quarter. They then got burned by a couple big plays and penelties. You can't judge Cavalier by the team they were the last couple years. They are not. Playing Shiloh is a whole different deal. They execute plays so well and play real solid defense. If Richland wins, I will be very surprised. Heck, I'll be surprised if they can keep it close.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:05 am

Bacon wrote:Defense, you must be from around Richland. While I understand that you want to be supportive of your team, I believe that Shiloh is just too good and getting better as the season rolls on. Scores mean nothing if you weren't at the games to see how they developed. Napoleon hung right with Cavalier till the middle of the third quarter. They then got burned by a couple big plays and penelties. You can't judge Cavalier by the team they were the last couple years. They are not. Playing Shiloh is a whole different deal. They execute plays so well and play real solid defense. If Richland wins, I will be very surprised. Heck, I'll be surprised if they can keep it close.

You must have seen both teams play right?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby d_fense » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:52 am

Bacon wrote:Defense, you must be from around Richland. While I understand that you want to be supportive of your team, I believe that Shiloh is just too good and getting better as the season rolls on. Scores mean nothing if you weren't at the games to see how they developed. Napoleon hung right with Cavalier till the middle of the third quarter. They then got burned by a couple big plays and penelties. You can't judge Cavalier by the team they were the last couple years. They are not. Playing Shiloh is a whole different deal. They execute plays so well and play real solid defense. If Richland wins, I will be very surprised. Heck, I'll be surprised if they can keep it close.

No, I'm not really a Richland fan, heck they aren't in the top 10 of high school teams I like to foollow. I'm just a sports fan who attends a lot of events, visits with a lot of people, and can read. I did attend the Linton vs Hankinson game because I am a fan of coach Indieke. Linton did not blow out Hankinson. It was 12-6. Both teams scored on long passes and Linton had one scoring drive on their first possession of the second half. Hankinson also has a nice drive in the second half in which they threw an interception in the red zone where the Qb could have likely ran the ball in untouched. Hankinson was more physical, they were just out coached. As for the Hankinson vs Richland, I read in the paper about Richlands 5 turn overs. In visiting with Hankinson friends, those 5 turnovers weren't their only breaks. I personally have never seen a game where a team turned the ball over 5 times and still won the game.

You mentioned Cavalier. I do not compare this years Cavalier team to last years. Richland would struggle to stop last years tornado's teams offense. But unlike most teams, this years colts team would score a couple times on their defense. If they could magically meet up I'd quess the score would have been around 48-18 in favor of 2014 Cavalier.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bacon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:54 am

As a matter of fact I have. While not in person, I have watched film on Richland. I'm not saying they are a poor team, just not in the same league as Shiloh. I have no dog in this hunt. Just calling it the way I see it. Fact is, I don't even like Shiloh, but I can tell a very talented team when I see one.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:56 am

Bacon, were you at the Linton vs Hankinson game? The reason i ask is because you aren't the only poster who has made it sound like Linton really handled Hankinson. And that definitely wasn't the case.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:02 am

Bacon wrote:As a matter of fact I have. While not in person, I have watched film on Richland. I'm not saying they are a poor team, just not in the same league as Shiloh. I have no dog in this hunt. Just calling it the way I see it. Fact is, I don't even like Shiloh, but I can tell a very talented team when I see one.

Gotcha
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bacon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 am

No, I never said that Linton dominated Hankinson. That was Pitbull. I did listen to the game on the radio if that makes a difference. Lol. Seemed like a defensive battle the way it was being called on the radio. I would like to come to the Richland/Shiloh game just for the fact I love to watch good football games.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:09 am

sorry, you're right Bacon.

So pit bull were you at the Linton Hankinson game?
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:23 am

here's the problem with 95% of the predictions here...very few, if anybody, has seen all 4 teams play this year.

I know this though...many of you are creating bulletin board material for this week.

Games aren't won on paper...they are won on the field.

This week's games will be fun and exciting (and hopefully close) like Semifinals should be!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Pit Bull » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:50 am

I made an error in saying 'dominate'. I was not at the game, but anytime you hold a team to 6 points, especially in 9-Man, you have either been dominated by their defense or your offense is not very good. I do not believe that Richland and Shiloh are that far apart from each other. IMO I believe their offenses are very similar. They are both big play offenses that can score quickly. They can both pass and run. That is why I personally think this game is won in the trenches.

My point was that score references don't matter as much as individual matchups. I think the speed and big play ability by both teams is equal. The game will be decided by which team makes the most stops defensively and time of possession It could shape up to be a barn burner with the last team to have the ball wins.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby FootballFever42 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:58 am

Having watched both Shiloh and Richland play this year I have to go with Richland. No disrespect to Shiloh but the overall team speed and offensive arsenal that Richland brings to the table will be too much for Shiloh to handle. I also watched Thompson play multiple times this season and believe they were a better team than Shiloh. I expect a very similar outcome to last weeks Richland/Thompson game where Shiloh makes it a game in the first half but Richland pulls away in the third quarter.

As for the H/S NP game I haven't watched either of these teams play but I am going to go with North Prairie solely off of their record and who they have beaten this season and post-season.

Either way both games feature two very talented and deserving teams and should be fun to watch.
FootballFever42
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wilbur » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:03 am

You can’t compare regular season scores because some teams pull their starters when the game is in hand, while others do not. Shiloh was ahead of Strasburg-Zeeland, 52-8 early in the third quarter when they pulled their starters. SZ had about 35 yards of total offense at that point. Shiloh could have scored at least three more touchdowns with their first-string offense and would not have given up another point. Shiloh also pulled their starters against every other team except both meetings with Linton-HMB. I agree that Shiloh will be the toughest opponent that Richland will see this year. They do not turn the ball over, and are well-disciplined. That may change this weekend, but that is what they have shown so far.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bacon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:38 pm

FootballFever42 wrote:Having watched both Shiloh and Richland play this year I have to go with Richland. No disrespect to Shiloh but the overall team speed and offensive arsenal that Richland brings to the table will be too much for Shiloh to handle. I also watched Thompson play multiple times this season and believe they were a better team than Shiloh. I expect a very similar outcome to last weeks Richland/Thompson game where Shiloh makes it a game in the first half but Richland pulls away in the third quarter.

As for the H/S NP game I haven't watched either of these teams play but I am going to go with North Prairie solely off of their record and who they have beaten this season and post-season.

Either way both games feature two very talented and deserving teams and should be fun to watch.

I hope you are right. Would be nice to see two different teams play for the championship.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby spartan11 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:20 pm

Defense, you must be from around Richland. While I understand that you want to be supportive of your team, I believe that Shiloh is just too good and getting better as the season rolls on. Scores mean nothing if you weren't at the games to see how they developed. Napoleon hung right with Cavalier till the middle of the third quarter. They then got burned by a couple big plays and penelties. You can't judge Cavalier by the team they were the last couple years. They are not. Playing Shiloh is a whole different deal. They execute plays so well and play real solid defense. If Richland wins, I will be very surprised. Heck, I'll be surprised if they can keep it close

trash
Pressure is a feeling you get when you dont know what the heck your doing
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby steel » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:06 pm

The only way Shiloh will win is if they are about +3 in the turnover department and I seriously doubt they will be. I have seen both play and if you can control Shiloh's QB, you control them. Richland has homefield which normally I would say is a huge advantage but Shiloh should be happy Richland isn't playing on turf or it would be a bigger spread I guarantee that. I think Shiloh is about the 4th best team I saw this year behind Thompson, Cavalier, and Richland. In a one game deal anything can happen, but I see Richland winning by AT LEAST 2 scores from a totally unbiased opinion. Good luck to both teams
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bacon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:14 pm

spartan11 wrote:
Defense, you must be from around Richland. While I understand that you want to be supportive of your team, I believe that Shiloh is just too good and getting better as the season rolls on. Scores mean nothing if you weren't at the games to see how they developed. Napoleon hung right with Cavalier till the middle of the third quarter. They then got burned by a couple big plays and penelties. You can't judge Cavalier by the team they were the last couple years. They are not. Playing Shiloh is a whole different deal. They execute plays so well and play real solid defense. If Richland wins, I will be very surprised. Heck, I'll be surprised if they can keep it close

trash

Care to elaborate? Or is that all you have to say.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby Vikingguy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:22 am

Wow, fun to see the banter! Anyone know of the radio stations that are carrying the game?
Vikingguy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby imjustafan » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:34 am

Richland/Shiloh game will be broadcast on:

Radio: KBMW AM 1450 in Wahpeton http://www.kbmwam.com

TV: BEK Sports
imjustafan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spartan11 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:49 am

[quoteby Bacon » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:14 pm

spartan11 wrote:

trash

Care to elaborate? Or is that all you have to say.][/quote]

I have seen multiple games of all of the teams mentioned above. You state that you can't judge a cavalier team based on the way they played the last couple years, which I agree with.But then it kinda sounds like you are doing the same with shiloh? And as for the Napoleon vs Cavalier game I wont comment on that cause I have a totally different view of that game. You are getting at the point that shilohs execution is so good that richland doesnt stand a chance.Have you seen the execution of Richlands no hudl? How is playing shiloh a whole different deal? What teams in the semi finals dont play solid defense? what teams in the semi finals dont execute their plays? With that I am gonna take richland by two scores
Pressure is a feeling you get when you dont know what the heck your doing
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bacon » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:09 am

Some of you sure get all worked up over hs football. I really don't care who wins and I am kind of rooting for Richland. I just don't think that is the way it is going to come out in the end. I am sure Richland is a good team other wise they would not be where they are. I'm hoping for a good game and not a blow out either way. It will be more exciting that way. I'm kind of wondering how you could have seen multiple games of all the teams. Unless you are talking about film. Kind of hard to be in two places at once.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby Franktv » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:19 am

It sounds to me like there is no need to even play the games on the west side of the state this weekend. Everyones already made up their minds. Same thing happened with Mott Regent in 2008 and look what happened.
Franktv
NDPreps Reserve

Postby steel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:29 am

I hate to say that normally, but this year I do think the east representative will win decisively. Upsets happen, but I would be shocked if it did this year IMHO
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby wildguy131 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:17 am

2007 franktv that happened with m/r.... But anyway... I can't say anything about the east teams games, but for the west idk if H/S has enough defense to hold up, also there offense seems very one sided after watching them... I'm not picking a winner on that game, it will be interesting for sure
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:22 am

It will be a battle in Hettinger between Hettinger-Scranton and North Prairie IMO. Hettinger-Scranton has 3 very, very talented backs, when you can mix it up between the 3 of them there's not much of a need to throw the ball.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man