Semifinal Predictions

The teams in 9 Man

Semifinal Predictions

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:56 pm

Saturday, November 7th
G21: R3 #1 (4) Shiloh Christian (10-0) @ R1 #1 (3) Richland (10-0)
G22: R4 #1 (5) North Prairie (10-0) @ R5 #1 Hettinger-Scranton (8-2)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Semifinal Predictions

Postby Irisheyes » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:09 pm

All number ones. Great games but Richland is to strong for all of them. NP will get win. Too.
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sorenson23 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:54 pm

My two teams to play in the Dakota Bowl:

Richland wins by 16

North Prairie wins by 20

Richland is way to strong for Shiloh. With impressive victories over #2 Cavalier 52-22 and #1 Thompson 48-32 I see Richland winning 42-26. And North Prairie will win 28-8.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:19 pm

I'll take Richland by 12 and Hettinger Scranton by 16
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bacon » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:15 pm

You guys are funny. Weren't you all the same guys picking Linton to win. That didn't go too well. Shiloh by two scores. Could be more. Don't know a lot about the other teams but I'll take Hettinger just for the heck of it.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:23 pm

Richland 56-0, could be more
HS 32-30
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby d_fense » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:44 pm

packers21 wrote:Richland 56-0, could be more
HS 32-30

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Richland puts up 56 on Shiloh. But, they will not shut them out.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Pit Bull » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:26 am

IMO the Richland/Shiloh game features the two best teams in the State. The winner of this game should win the Championship game the follow week, but you never know.

Looking at the majority of the predictions so far, the eastern part of the state is going with Richland based on what they have seen this year and not seeing Shiloh play. The western part of the State is going with Richland based on 'they just want to see Shiloh lose' and have no idea how the game will play out. (One person picking is still waiting for Central McLean to come off their bye week for winning Region 3:)

I will be the first to admit that I know very little about Richland except they put up big scores, they are fast and not exceptionally big. I'm not even sure I could tell you who their best players are without going back and reading past threads. I do know a lot about Shiloh and that is why this game will come down to the OL and DL. I can't imagine Richland being any faster than Shiloh, so speed will equal itself out. Shiloh has been the fastest team on the field in all of their games this year. I can't imagine Richland having up to seven receivers that can catch the ball like Shiloh and their past defense has been lights out. I do believe Shiloh has an advantage on the line. Their line has been physical all year and has only improved with each game. The wildcard is their LBs, but the last two games against two of the best RBs in the state, they have been lights out as well.

This game comes down to whichever team can run the ball and control the clock. Obviously costly turnovers, penalties, etc. can come into play. Based on the OL and DL, I am picking Shiloh by a TD and it will go down to the last drive of the game.

Out west I am picking H-S over NP. NP was not convincing enough against RTH and H-S seems to be on a roll. H-S by 2 scores.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:46 am

I'm going with the teams with the best offenses.....Richland and Hettinger-Scranton
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:02 am

After watching Shiloh shut down Linton I will still pick Richland but I think it will be closer than a lot of people think. I think Richland will win it by 18. I will take take North Prairie over H-S by 12. (But I have not seen either of them play so I am just going by other posts on this site.)
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:28 am

Richland 48-40
Hettinger-Scranton 44-32

Lots of offense this weekend!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby classB4ever » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:19 am

Saturday, November 7th
G21: R3 #1 (4) Shiloh Christian (10-0) @ R1 #1 (3) Richland (10-0)
Shiloh stays with them through 3 quarters. Richland is loaded with upper classmen and Shiloh is on the road. Richland takes over in the 4th quarter. Richland 38-28.
G22: R4 #1 (5) North Prairie (10-0) @ R5 #1 Hettinger-Scranton (8-2)
Both teams loaded with upperclassmen. Western teams seem to take a lot of pride in hard hitting and good tackling. NP has a long road trip ahead of them. In the long run, NP controls the line and controls the clock. NP will be able to throw the ball more and win this one 30-20.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cmplx6 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:35 am

Saturday, November 7th
G21: R3 #1 (4) Shiloh Christian (10-0) @ R1 #1 (3) Richland (10-0) 46-38
G22: R4 #1 (5) North Prairie (10-0) @ R5 #1 Hettinger-Scranton (8-2) 52-28

Both visiting teams come away with victories. Shiloh is the best team in the state and will prove it with a tough road win. North Prairie has too much fire power in their offense to get beat by Hettinger. Hettinger has two loses for a reason, and those teams they lost two are not in the same stadium as North Prairie.

Shiloh beats North Prairie in the State Championship in a shoot out 56-52
cmplx6
NDPreps Starter

Postby Footballfan15 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Richland over Shiloh by 4 touchdowns
NP pulls it out at the end and wins by 2

IMO the state championship game will be a blow out, It doesn't matter who comes out of the east. classB4ever I don't see where you are coming from with west being hard-hitters and great tacklers. If you are to go back and watch the last few years of championship game I see the east hitting way harder and tackling a lot better. Plus the last 5 years the champion has come out of the east. Correct me if I am wrong.
Footballfan15
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:52 pm

First off, it's Hettinger-Scranton, secondly one of the teams they lost to was RTH, who obviously was in the same "stadium" as North Prairie on Saturday. The other game was against Lemmon, who I would be very surprised if you saw them play. I will agree with you that early in the season Hettinger-Scranton wasn't on the same level as North Prairie. But Hettinger-Scranton has been rolling and just handled a team (Mott-Regent) who destroyed both teams they played in the playoffs. I look for a good game on Saturday.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wilbur » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:52 pm

It is hard to predict if you haven’t seen every team play. Most predictions come from the heart instead of the head. Shiloh Christian, whether you like them or not, is an excellent team with a lot of offensive weapons, and I can’t imagine there being a better Class B QB than Martin. I seen Richland play last season and they have most of their stars back. Ihland is exceptionally fast, and they are very explosive. I think it will be a high-scoring game, and will come down to the final possession. I will pick Shiloh in a close game because I have seen them play many times and can’t see anyone shutting them down. If they lose, they will have to give up at least 36 points. Regardless, the winner will walk away with the State title. To be fair, I haven’t seen Hettinger-Scranton or North Prairie play, but judging from the fact that NP had trouble with Richardton-Taylor, and Linton crushed the Raiders earlier this year, it would be a stretch to believe they could stay with the east winner. Been wrong before, but I’ll say Shiloh, 38-34, and North Prairie, 34-22.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsphenom » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:40 pm

I've seen both Shiloh and Richland play and Richland is way more explosive than Shiloh. I'm going with Richland by 2+ tds. Don't know anything about the West but I'm sticking with my prediction that the East wins easily in the Championship game. Good luck to all teams, final 4 is something to be proud of.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wilbur » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:38 pm

sportphenom, if you seen them both Shiloh and Richland play, then you have more incite than I do. Richland is obviously an explosive team, and even though it could happen, I will be surprised if they win by 2+ TDs. Both teams are capable of big plays, but I think the game will be more about who can control the ball and keep it away from the other team. However, I am making a prediction...I am not a seer, so I could easily be proven wrong. By the way, I am NOT a Shiloh fan, and I hope you are right about the outcome, but I will give credit where credit is due.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsphenom » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Wilbur, I am a fan of neither. I've seen both teams play a couple of times and I would be very surprised if Shiloh wins or even keeps it close. But like they say this is why you play the game and anything can happen. Good luck to all teams on Saturday.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby classB4ever » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:40 pm

Footballfan15 wrote:classB4ever I don't see where you are coming from with west being hard-hitters and great tacklers. If you are to go back and watch the last few years of championship game I see the east hitting way harder and tackling a lot better. Plus the last 5 years the champion has come out of the east. Correct me if I am wrong.

I consider NP an east team. Thought they would win by more. Was very impressed with the way RTH hit and tackled. Have always been impressed with them and the way they play football. Guessing H-S will be much the same.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Vikingguy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:07 pm

Having seen Richland play Thompson, I would say they are beatable. However, I am no fan of these all star schools like Shilo so I will be pulling for Richland!
Vikingguy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Trish » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:41 pm

I haven't seen Richland play and was wondering how their line play is? Playoff football is usually won in the trenches. Linton controlled the game against hankinson who played Richland tough. Shiloh completely dominated Linton. I don't see a high scoring game on a cold November day. I don't see Richland beating a talented, balanced and discipline team in Shiloh.
Trish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DaU » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:37 pm

Fun game to watch in Richland, guns blazing with the Colts taking it by 24 in the end. 62-38

Meanwhile have a low scoring game out West, Hettinger/Scranton eeking it out by 2. 8-6
DaU
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bacon » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:31 pm

No one has scored more than 24 points in one game all year against Shiloh, and now you think they will allow 50+ in one game. I don't think so. The more I look at this game, the more I believe Shiloh will win by 3+ scores. I don't think Richland has faced anywhere near the team that Shiloh is.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:46 am

Bacon wrote:No one has scored more than 24 points in one game all year against Shiloh, and now you think they will allow 50+ in one game. I don't think so. The more I look at this game, the more I believe Shiloh will win by 3+ scores. I don't think Richland has faced anywhere near the team that Shiloh is.

You don't think Richland has faced anywhere near the team that Shiloh is? Well Thompson is a pretty stout team. This is the same Thompson team that beat Strasburg/Zeeland by 37 compared to Shiloh's 28 point victory. This is the same Thompson team that Richland pulled away from last week after halftime.

Cavalier is another pretty good team Richland defeated by 30 points. They once again they were in a close game with Richland until halftime. This is the Cavalier team that beat Napoleon by 34 compared to Shiloh's 30 point win.

These scores lead me to believe, as I have all year, that Thompson, Shiloh, and Cavalier are very similar teams. All teams that are 3-5 td's behind Richland.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to 9 - Man