Semifinal Predictions

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Semifinal Predictions

Postby spartan11 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Bacon wrote:Some of you sure get all worked up over hs football. I really don't care who wins and I am kind of rooting for Richland. I just don't think that is the way it is going to come out in the end. I am sure Richland is a good team other wise they would not be where they are. I'm hoping for a good game and not a blow out either way. It will be more exciting that way. I'm kind of wondering how you could have seen multiple games of all the teams. Unless you are talking about film. Kind of hard to be in two places at once.

Hardly worked up, don't need to get defensive. Just discussion. I think shiloh is a good team and im not discrediting them. Im sure it will be a good game, but i will still take richland by two scores. I simply had a different view of some of the games you were talking about, and if you think that is worked up then i guess im going crazy here. Also i have watched plenty film so being in two places at once isnt so hard.
Pressure is a feeling you get when you dont know what the heck your doing
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bacon » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:16 pm

If we all agreed, what fun would that be. Sites like this would be pretty boring and uninteresting. It's fun to talk about all the what ifs, but the game will be played and the results will be what they are. I am considering going to Colfax and watching the game. Maybe we could meet up and watch it together. Would be fun.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby spartan11 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:19 pm

I agree that it wouldn't be much fun at all. I will have to meet you at the state title game. I will be attending the park river/carrington game on Saturday.
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sniper » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Saturday, November 7th
G21: R3 #1 (4) Shiloh Christian (10-0) @ R1 #1 (3) Richland (10-0)
G22: R4 #1 (5) North Prairie (10-0) @ R5 #1 Hettinger-Scranton (8-2)
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby jimthometwins » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:30 pm

Richland versus North Prairie -- good matchup..

Shiloh ran into a great team and 6 turnovers hurt them in the long run..
jimthometwins
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spartan11 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Richland over north prairie by 40
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:52 pm

I think it will be a closer game then people think. North prairie has a very good football team.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Pit Bull » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:05 pm

Shiloh picked a bad day.to have their worst.game of the year. 5 TOs all year and 7 on Sunday. Yikes!
Last edited by Pit Bull on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pit Bull » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:09 pm

jimthometwins wrote:Richland versus North Prairie -- good matchup..

It was 7 turnovers and a turnover on downs. Give credit to Richland for a great game, but these were 2 very good teams. Richland couldn't stop Shiloh's offense, and Shiloh kept given up the ball. Easily the two best teams in the State played today in Richland.

Richland beats NP easily. They will win by 40 plus unless they decide to put the breaks on.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:16 pm

Pit Bull wrote:

It was 7 turnovers and a turnover on downs. Give credit to Richland for a great game, but these were 2 very good teams. Richland couldn't stop Shiloh's offense, and Shiloh kept given up the ball. Easily the two best teams in the State played today in Richland.

Richland beats NP easily. They will win by 40 plus unless they decide to put the breaks on.

Everyone has an excuse, Richland is the best bc they capitalize. Tough to say SC is any better than Thompson or Cavalier who lost to Richland in similiar ways.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wilbur » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:34 pm

I stand corrected. Richland is obviously an outstanding team, but I never thought any team could force six turnovers against Shiloh. I don’t think they had six turnovers combined all year (a guess). Lesson learned—don’t make a prediction unless you have seen both teams play during the season. Actually, I was glad I was wrong as Shiloh doesn’t belong in Class B, but that is an argument for another place at another time. Congratulations to Richland and North Prairie.
Wilbur
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby spartan11 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:33 am

Pit Bull wrote:

Richland will dominate north prairie. As for not stopping shilohs offense, I think 7 turnovers and a turnover on downs is stopping Shilohs offense. I don't think it was bad luck that they had 8 turnovers. Richland probly has something to do with that. As for your comment about Shiloh being the second best team in the state, I just don't agree with that.
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby RedDirtFan » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:32 am

Something has to be said about shutting down a 2500 yard rusher with almost 40 TDs and then shutting down a team with 3 one thousand yard rushers. I don't know if North Prairie can do enough offensively to stick with Richland but I do think their line can cause some problems. If they can shorten the game with long drives, anything is possible. I'm thinking the score may be more like 28-18 or something of the sort.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bacon » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:47 am

And why would Shiloh do three onside kicks to start off the game. You just give a very good team the ball at mid field. 7 turnovers? They deserved to lose and they did. The ball security was terrible.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:19 am

Bacon wrote:And why would Shiloh do three onside kicks to start off the game. You just give a very good team the ball at mid field. 7 turnovers? They deserved to lose and they did. The ball security was terrible.

They onsided the ball, I believe not just on the first 3 but all kick offs, to try prevent returns for touchdowns. They did not kick off in a formation designed to try recover the kickoffs.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby spartan11 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:56 am

RedDirtFan wrote:Something has to be said about shutting down a 2500 yard rusher with almost 40 TDs and then shutting down a team with 3 one thousand yard rushers. I don't know if North Prairie can do enough offensively to stick with Richland but I do think their line can cause some problems. If they can shorten the game with long drives, anything is possible. I'm thinking the score may be more like 28-18 or something of the sort.

The west is weak this year and since you mentioned the ability to stop the run I will change my prediction to Richland winning by 34 instead of 40. I have seen both and this is how I think it will pan out. Richland is just to good. And now you have to play them on turf in perfect conditions. North prairie better be in great shape. Some of those big boys are going to be gassed from the no huddle. I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's close but I don't think it will be.
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:04 pm

I don't think a lot of people have had a chance to see North Prairie play. Few teams in 9-man are built like NP. Speed generally dominates in 9-man. However, NP will win both offensive and defensive line battles. Richland will have to use 4 and 5 guys to stop the push up the middle by NP, leaving NP's linebackers to roam free. If NP makes open field tackles, they will win. Pfeifer is a good QB and NP has good speed themselves. IMO, playing inside may play in favor of Richland but NP will once again control the line and the clock. Lower scoring (<50) and this one will be decided in the 4th quarter. I like NP's chances even though it's indoors.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bacon » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:13 pm

d_fense wrote:
Bacon wrote:And why would Shiloh do three onside kicks to start off the game. You just give a very good team the ball at mid field. 7 turnovers? They deserved to lose and they did. The ball security was terrible.

They onsided the ball, I believe not just on the first 3 but all kick offs, to try prevent returns for touchdowns. They did not kick off in a formation designed to try recover the kickoffs.

Well, that didn't work too well, did it? Instead they gave the ball at mid field and still gave up the scores. It was just easier for Richland to go 50 yds instead of 80. Watching the game, Richland would have won regardless, but Shiloh sure seemed to make it easier with the turnovers and pooch kicks or whatever those kick offs were.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby spartan11 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:01 pm

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:I don't think a lot of people have had a chance to see North Prairie play. Few teams in 9-man are built like NP. Speed generally dominates in 9-man. However, NP will win both offensive and defensive line battles. Richland will have to use 4 and 5 guys to stop the push up the middle by NP, leaving NP's linebackers to roam free. If NP makes open field tackles, they will win. Pfeifer is a good QB and NP has good speed themselves. IMO, playing inside may play in favor of Richland but NP will once again control the line and the clock. Lower scoring (<50) and this one will be decided in the 4th quarter. I like NP's chances even though it's indoors.

I have seen two np games and I respectfully disagree. Their line is good but I think you are underestimating richlands line. The thing is offensively, Richland doesn't have to necessarily control np's line. They are able to get outside and use some different approaches dealing with schoening (sp?). I think you are right in respect to np controlling time of possession to have a chance tho. If they don't they will have trouble.
spartan11
NDPreps Reserve

Postby steel » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:54 am

I am not trying to offend anyone, but this will be Richland's easiest playoff game this year, mark it down. North Prairie struggled with Sheyenne-New Rockford, I know it was early but they will have no answer for Richland's speed, especially on turf. I would go as far to say that North Prairie wouldn't have made the quarters in the east unless they got a good draw. NP has a big line that they should try to lean on for ball control if they can. Their best defense would be keeping Richland offense off the field. I hope their big guys are in shape for Richland's no huddle
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby B-oldtimer » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:25 pm

I haven't seen either team play but did see North Prairie play in previous years and they do have some very big and talented kids on line. Also the pfiefer kid is good athlete in his own right and I do remember they had several kids with good speed. I have seen Richland just destroy several of powers in the east like Cavalier and Thompson but one change will be they will be playing away from home so this will be a change for Richland to play on neutral field. I Think it will come down to if size wins out or speed wins out usually in 9 man its the speed. Case where it may not say North Prairie gets ball first and drives length of the field where most of 1st. quarter is consumed in smash mouth drive just wearing out their opponents with cloud of dust and 3 to 5 yards at time and scores. Then holds Richland on next series and does this again where Richland doesn't get their hands on the football much for the first half. This comes down to third quarter and how Richland would respond knowing they have to start scoring and pick tempo up. Other scenario is they just blow plast NP in first half everytime they touch the football like they did with Cavalier. I just have sneaky hunch this is much closer game than anyone is predicting and will be fun game to watch. Also Pfiefer can air ball out too he's very good quarterback and has been starting for 3 years if I remember right when they were playing 11 man football.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to 9 - Man