Richland/Cavalier

The teams in 9 Man

Richland/Cavalier

Postby madseason » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:16 pm

Should be a slugfest. Who wins and why? I think Cavalier lost one of their main starters last week. Taken off on a stretcher I hope he's ok.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Richland/Cavalier

Postby Bacon » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:11 pm

If Richland is any where near as good as everyone says, they should win by 2 plus scores. Maybe more. Cavalier is not the powerhouse they have been the last few years.
Bacon
NDPreps Starter

Postby bulldog_power » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:21 pm

I think the cavalier game Is going to be close and come down to who plays best in the 4th quarter. I am sure it's true cavalier isn't What they have been the last two years, but that's expected. it's hard to bet against cavalier as I am sure they are better now then earlier in the season. However Richland has only played in one close
Game all year so you know they are very tough. No one has really slowed them down all year as I believe even in there closest game this year they still scored 36. Richland has a ton of weapons. Looking forward to it being a great game. Not to mention, the winner will probably be playing Thompson. Which will be another great game
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:21 am

I really think this is going to be a high scoring game. Both teams are well-coached, disciplined, and it'll come down to a play or two. I'd say Richland 42, Cavalier 31.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby steel » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:27 pm

I think its going to be high scoring. I will take the underdog Tornadoes 36-34. I think the week off will hurt Richland more than it helps. There will be plenty of big plays, but I don't think Richland will be able to get to the outside like they have all year and just outquick the Tornadoes, plus big game experience is definitely on Cavalier's side. I think Richland is very tough but I believe Region 1 is down a little bit this year. It wouldn't surprise me if the winner of this game went all the way.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby FootballFever42 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:05 pm

I've heard rumors that Cavalier's starting quarterback from a majority of this season did not play in the game vs. Napoleon and will not play this weekend against Richland. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?
FootballFever42
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bulldog_power » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:53 pm

I heard that the QB they started the year with, but was hurt the last few ges of te season, was playing last Saturday. He was at WR and not QB though. I think it was te Creen kid, not sure about spelling so I do apologize if it's wrong
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby steel » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:12 am

You are correct, its Cleem. Both teams have a lot of excellent playmakers. The team that the line plays the best, will win. The turnover battle will also be crucial
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:07 pm

I think that Cavalier having played a close game against Thompson that came down to the last play will help Cavalier because they have already played in a tight game this year, where Richland has not. Also I agree with Steel on the idea that the bye week is going to hurt Richland. But despite all of this I am still going to pick Richland to end Cavaliers run at three straight state championships. Watched a few of Richland's games and they are legit. I think this game will be back and forth all game with Richland pulling away late in the fourth
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:25 pm

Sniper wrote:I think that Cavalier having played a close game against Thompson that came down to the last play will help Cavalier because they have already played in a tight game this year, where Richland has not. Also I agree with Steel on the idea that the bye week is going to hurt Richland. But despite all of this I am still going to pick Richland to end Cavaliers run at three straight state championships. Watched a few of Richland's games and they are legit. I think this game will be back and forth all game with Richland pulling away late in the fourth

Richland only beat Hankinson by 4 and realistically should have lost that game. I'm going to go with Cavalier by a touchdown.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:43 am

sportsphenom wrote:
Sniper wrote:I think that Cavalier having played a close game against Thompson that came down to the last play will help Cavalier because they have already played in a tight game this year, where Richland has not. Also I agree with Steel on the idea that the bye week is going to hurt Richland. But despite all of this I am still going to pick Richland to end Cavaliers run at three straight state championships. Watched a few of Richland's games and they are legit. I think this game will be back and forth all game with Richland pulling away late in the fourth

Richland only beat Hankinson by 4 and realistically should have lost that game. I'm going to go with Cavalier by a touchdown.

You are right, Richland squeaked one out against Hankinson, and probably should have lost the game. But, if you watched the game, you would likely say Richland was clearly the better team. How often have you seen a team turn the ball over 5 times and give up a long pass for a TD on the last play of the 2nd quarter (I'm pretty sure it was the last play) and still win a game? It was like Richland did all they could to hand a good opponent the game and they still couldn't take it.

In looking at the Richland vs. Cavalier game, I think Cavalier has a stronger line and is a more physical team as a whole. I believe Richland has better skill players and better team speed. I normally go with the team with the better line, especially if they are more physical. I do think this will be an entertaining game. If there isn't a wide disparity in turnovers or key injuries early in the game I am going with Richland by two scores.

I think this will be the most entertaining game of this weekend in any division of ND playoffs.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:04 pm

I dont think its high scoring.....I'm sure neither coach wants a high scoring sling fest unless turnovers or broken plays are to blame for high scoring....Haven't seen Richland play but I'm sure they are the real deal
I believe it will boil down to execution and discipline .....on the other thread nobody is picking Cav (I'm sure new blood is wanted)......Should be a good one!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:57 pm

d_fense wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:

You are right, Richland squeaked one out against Hankinson, and probably should have lost the game. But, if you watched the game, you would likely say Richland was clearly the better team. How often have you seen a team turn the ball over 5 times and give up a long pass for a TD on the last play of the 2nd quarter (I'm pretty sure it was the last play) and still win a game? It was like Richland did all they could to hand a good opponent the game and they still couldn't take it.

In looking at the Richland vs. Cavalier game, I think Cavalier has a stronger line and is a more physical team as a whole. I believe Richland has better skill players and better team speed. I normally go with the team with the better line, especially if they are more physical. I do think this will be an entertaining game. If there isn't a wide disparity in turnovers or key injuries early in the game I am going with Richland by two scores.

I think this will be the most entertaining game of this weekend in any division of ND playoffs.

I agree it should be the most interesting game this weekend. I would like to go back to where you stated Richland turned the ball over 5 times. A lot of that credit should go to Hankinson. But, the most important question remaining is, Does Richland have a problem hanging onto the ball when the other team is physical? Hankinson caused 5 turnovers. If Cavalier causes 5 turnovers, it won't be as close as we think. As far as skill players, I really think these 2 match up very well! Defense has always been strong in Cavalier and this year is no different. they take a lot pride on being very physical, and assignment sharp. Richland is very tough. I guess this why they play the game. Good luck to both teams! It should be a really exciting game.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:12 pm

In what town does Richland play? a lot are picking Richland but when playoff time comes Cavalier steps it up. Tradition and pride play a big part. Would love to see this game.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:42 pm

madseason wrote:In what town does Richland play? a lot are picking Richland but when playoff time comes Cavalier steps it up. Tradition and pride play a big part. Would love to see this game.

Richland school is located in Colfax. Its a combination of several towns in northern Richland county.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby steel » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:45 am

Congrats to Richland. I am a diehard Tornadoes fan and am very proud of our team. The seniors we will miss a ton. They are a great bunch of young men. I have never seen a faster team in ND football. They seemed like a very classy group of kids and coaches. 3 special teams touchdowns was too much to overcome, but give credit where credit is due. It was a wild and woolly affair for most of the game but the better team won. The seniors have nothing to hang their heads about 41-4 over 4 years is not too shabby. Good luck to Richland even though I don't think you will need it.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man