NDPreps The King

Re: 2015 Polls

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:26 pm

1. Cavalier (9) 2-0 59
2. Thompson (3) 2-0 39
3. Richland 2-0 31
4. Shiloh Christian 2-0 28
5. Linton-HMB (1) 2-0 21
Others receiving votes: Hettinger-Scranton (1-0) 5, North Prairie (2-0) 4, Hankinson (2-0) 4, Napoleon-Gackle-Streeter (2-0) 2, Strasburg-Zeeland (2-0) 1, TGU (2-0) 1.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:49 pm

POLL #2

1. Cavalier (9) 3-0 68
2. Thompson (6) 3-0 66
3. Richland 3-0 40
4. Shiloh Christian 3-0 30
5. Linton-HMB 3-0 12
Others receiving votes: Strasburg-Zeeland (3-0) 4, North Prairie (3-0) 3, Hankinson (3-0) 2.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:50 pm

After having seen both Strasburg-Zeeland and Linton play I would rank S-Z over Linton-HMB at this point in the season.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sorenson23 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:26 pm

I haven't seen Strasburg-Zeeland play in person but i've heard they're pretty good. The game against Shiloh this Friday will be tough both teams are good. But i would have to give the edge to Strasburg-Zeeland. I know alot of people would say Linton-HMB isn't playing well. But you have to realize they were 9 man awhile back then they moved to 11 man for awhile. The game of 9 man football has changed since they rejoined cause its more wide open now. But back then it was all about Linton-HMB but not now that its changed its not about them anymore.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:55 am

Sorenson23 wrote:I haven't seen Strasburg-Zeeland play in person but i've heard they're pretty good. The game against Shiloh this Friday will be tough both teams are good. But i would have to give the edge to Strasburg-Zeeland. I know alot of people would say Linton-HMB isn't playing well. But you have to realize they were 9 man awhile back then they moved to 11 man for awhile. The game of 9 man football has changed since they rejoined cause its more wide open now. But back then it was all about Linton-HMB but not now that its changed its not about them anymore.

I agree, L-HMB will figure it out and probably very quickly. I would not want to play them later on in the season because the talent is there, they just have to adjust to 9 man. As for S-Z and Shiloh, it should be a good game. S-Z's air attack versus Shiloh's ground game. I give the edge to Shiloh if they can control the clock and keep the ball away from S-Z. S-Z has a talented QB and some talented wideouts that can really go get the ball if the throw is not perfect. It should be one of the best games of the weekend.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Pit Bull » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:38 am

Sportsrube wrote:
Sorenson23 wrote:I haven't seen Strasburg-Zeeland play in person but i've heard they're pretty good. The game against Shiloh this Friday will be tough both teams are good. But i would have to give the edge to Strasburg-Zeeland. I know alot of people would say Linton-HMB isn't playing well. But you have to realize they were 9 man awhile back then they moved to 11 man for awhile. The game of 9 man football has changed since they rejoined cause its more wide open now. But back then it was all about Linton-HMB but not now that its changed its not about them anymore.

I agree, L-HMB will figure it out and probably very quickly. I would not want to play them later on in the season because the talent is there, they just have to adjust to 9 man. As for S-Z and Shiloh, it should be a good game. S-Z's air attack versus Shiloh's ground game. I give the edge to Shiloh if they can control the clock and keep the ball away from S-Z. S-Z has a talented QB and some talented wideouts that can really go get the ball if the throw is not perfect. It should be one of the best games of the weekend.

L-HMB will be tough no matter what the circumstances. They have great coaching and a lot of talented kids. They will make the playoffs.

I'm not so sure S-Z has the best air attack on the field this game. Shiloh can also air it out with the best of them and they can run it with anyone. It will be interesting to see how well S-Zs line does against Shiloh's D-Line. Shiloh recorded 7 sacks last week. Their D-Line is tough, but they also have shutdown D-backs. It should be a great game!
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby FootballFever42 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:47 pm

If Thompson loses tonight does anyone expect them to fall in the polls? If so where?
FootballFever42
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:04 pm

FootballFever42 wrote:If Thompson loses tonight does anyone expect them to fall in the polls? If so where?

It doesnt really matter but they would prob fall to 4 maybe 5 I would put both Richland and Shiloh above a team w 1 loss.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby d_fense » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:10 pm

FootballFever42 wrote:If Thompson loses tonight does anyone expect them to fall in the polls? If so where?

I don't expect them to stumble tonight, but if they do I would put them at 5.
I see Richland as the best in the state followed by Thompson, Shiloh, Cavalier, and Linton.

Somewhere on this sight somebody commented that Cavalier needs to be #1 until somebody beats them. I think that notion is ridiculous in high school athletics, particularly when a team has as much turnover as Cavalier did. I like their team this year but they are completely different than last year.
Last edited by d_fense on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:14 pm

packers21 wrote:

It doesnt really matter but they would prob fall to 4 maybe 5 I would put both Richland and Shiloh above a team w 1 loss.

the severity of a loss will impact how far they drop...I could see no dropping if they were to lose by a really close margin. Shiloh also has a big matchup tonight...Richland should win easily.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby d_fense » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:22 pm

Good point Run.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:41 pm

d_fense wrote:

I see Richland as the best in the state followed by Thompson, Shiloh, Cavalier, and Linton.

Somewhere on this sight somebody commented that Cavalier needs to be #1 until somebody beats them. I think that notion is ridiculous in high school athletics, particularly when a team has as much turnover as Cavalier did. I like their team this year but they are completely different than last year.

Ive always said that havent said it about this years cavalier team, but in most cases I think that until someone proves they can beat them they should stay #1
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikingman » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Is the Cavalier-Thompson game being webcast?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:09 am

d_fense wrote:

Ok I'm not trying to bash Linton but why are people still projecting them in the top 5 in state wins are one thing strength of schedule is a another Linton will be a thorn in most teams side but realistically they are not even a top 10 team lets be honest New Rockford/Sh, North Border, S/Z , North Prairie, Napoleon, Hankinson, TGU are a list of teams that should rank higher along with possibly a few others. Linton will have to battle Central McLean for #4 seed in region 3 at best(my opinion) just wondering what are people actually looking at as far as rankings go. Some teams have no losses so far but strength of schedule dictates they haven't earned a top 5 recognition. Let's give consideration to North Prairie for #5 maybe? How about New Rockford based on strength of opponent. ?????
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby tellithowitis » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:24 am

Bigbrew22 wrote:
d_fense wrote:

Ok I'm not trying to bash Linton but why are people still projecting them in the top 5 in state wins are one thing strength of schedule is a another Linton will be a thorn in most teams side but realistically they are not even a top 10 team lets be honest New Rockford/Sh, North Border, S/Z , North Prairie, Napoleon, Hankinson, TGU are a list of teams that should rank higher along with possibly a few others. Linton will have to battle Central McLean for #4 seed in region 3 at best(my opinion) just wondering what are people actually looking at as far as rankings go. Some teams have no losses so far but strength of schedule dictates they haven't earned a top 5 recognition. Let's give consideration to North Prairie for #5 maybe? How about New Rockford based on strength of opponent. ?????

I'm not saying Linton is a guarantee top 5 team in the state but until they are beaten its hard to argue against them being getting votes in the poles purely off the annual success they have and considering they have one of the best coaches in ND football history. Linton's players have been playing 11 man for their entire football careers up to this point, so obviously each game is very important for them to get more comfortable in the 9 man game which is very different, but Dan Imdieke has proven in the past he knows how to successfully coach in 9 man. Don't quote me on the years but I believe Linton won State 9 man in 2000, 2002, and 2003 before moving up to 11 man in 2005, where they competed fairly well as a smaller 11 man school (from what I can remember a few state championship appearances). 9 man play has changed a lot since those championships but judging by scores so far, Linton is playing tough defense (which seems to be a lost art in 9 man amongst most teams). You are correct that Linton has had a fairly easy schedule up to this point (you can't blame them for that) with some very tough games coming up. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost one or two of them, but come playoff time Imdieke will have his boys ready to play and Linton is not a team I would want to face.
tellithowitis
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:28 am

tellithowitis wrote:
Bigbrew22 wrote:
d_fense wrote:

I'm not saying Linton is a guarantee top 5 team in the state but until they are beaten its hard to argue against them being getting votes in the poles purely off the annual success they have and considering they have one of the best coaches in ND football history. Linton's players have been playing 11 man for their entire football careers up to this point, so obviously each game is very important for them to get more comfortable in the 9 man game which is very different, but Dan Imdieke has proven in the past he knows how to successfully coach in 9 man. Don't quote me on the years but I believe Linton won State 9 man in 2000, 2002, and 2003 before moving up to 11 man in 2005, where they competed fairly well as a smaller 11 man school (from what I can remember a few state championship appearances). 9 man play has changed a lot since those championships but judging by scores so far, Linton is playing tough defense (which seems to be a lost art in 9 man amongst most teams). You are correct that Linton has had a fairly easy schedule up to this point (you can't blame them for that) with some very tough games coming up. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost one or two of them, but come playoff time Imdieke will have his boys ready to play and Linton is not a team I would want to face.

Some very good points u make but remember they are no shoe in to the playoffs region 3 is the toughest road to playoffs 5 good teams only 4 can go honestly south border would be a 4 to 6 win team in any other region them boys are scrappy.
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby steel » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:45 am

I think Region 2 is the toughest region hands down this year. Thompson, Cavalier, Sheyenne-New Rockford, North Border, North Star.
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby steel » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:48 am

I wonder if Cavalier will stay in the top 5. Definitely think they belong there, but it doesn't really matter. In the long run, I think a loss right now might help the Tornadoes in the playoffs. I don't think any region #1 seed is chomping at the bit to get that matchup
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 am

steel wrote:I wonder if Cavalier will stay in the top 5. Definitely think they belong there, but it doesn't really matter. In the long run, I think a loss right now might help the Tornadoes in the playoffs. I don't think any region #1 seed is chomping at the bit to get that matchup

I don't see them dropping out...maybe dropping as far as 4 but they shouldn't fall out.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:51 am

steel wrote:I think Region 2 is the toughest region hands down this year. Thompson, Cavalier, Sheyenne-New Rockford, North Border, North Star.

Region 3 is pretty solid too...Shiloh, Napoleon/GS, Strasburg/Zeeland, Linton-HMB, Central McLean, South Border (played relatively well against good teams...just on the wrong end most of the time).

Ranking the Regions (IMO):
Region 3
Region 2
Region 1
Region 4
Region 5
Region 6
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby steel » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:09 am

I think 2 and 3 are probably a tossup I will give you that In my not too smart opinion
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby bulldog_power » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:30 pm

There is no doubt that the east is stacked the year. The only aguement I would Make about cavalier not Dropping below linton is that they lost to a very good team by a close margin and the opponents Linton has played have a grand total of zero wins. Can't help the schedule but should consider it when it comes to top teams in the state. I only see cavalier dropping to #3, but will likely stay number two
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Poll #3

1. Thompson (16) 4-0 80
2T. Cavalier 3-1 52
2T. Richland 4-0 52
4. Shiloh Christian 4-0 30
5. Linton-HMB 4-0 13
Others receiving votes: Hankinson (4-0) 6, North Prairie (4-0) 6, TGU (4-0) 1.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:53 pm

Poll #4

1. Thompson (15) 5-0 75
2. Cavalier 4-1 50
3. Richland 5-0 49
4. Shiloh Christian 5-0 32
5. North Prairie 5-0 9
Others Receiving Votes: Hankinson (5-0) 8, Linton-HMB (4-1) 2.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Next

Return to 9 - Man