Cavalier vs Thompson

The teams in 9 Man

Cavalier vs Thompson

Postby orange apple » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:45 am

I can't help but feel this is the game everyone is waiting to see. This will test both teams very much and I expect a good game. I'm going to call it right now that it will come down to these two teams in the state semifinals. Any thoughts?
orange apple
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Cavalier vs Thompson

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:45 am

orange apple wrote:I can't help but feel this is the game everyone is waiting to see. This will test both teams very much and I expect a good game. I'm going to call it right now that it will come down to these two teams in the state semifinals. Any thoughts?

Nope.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bulldog_power » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:21 pm

Until someone knocks off cavalier they are the favorite. Period
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:15 am

Way too early to consider Thompson right now. I think North Star has a better shot but this Friday will give us a better picture
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby RedDirtFan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:15 pm

Of course Cavalier is the favorite, but does anybody see them walking through the state again? This year should be interesting.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Blue » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:10 am

It's so early, but if I had to guess this is the early favorite for the region title game. Cavalier destroyed an always competitive Divide County team. With that said, Thompson returns a ton from a very good team last season. Larimer, Schwabe and Deidrich make for a scary combination. With that said, Region 2 will be much more competitive as a whole this season.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bigbrew22 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:53 am

Maybe it's time to rethink this question. Yes I wanna see this matchup but what's up with the cav nborder game is north border good or did cav hold out starters to prevent injury or what.
Bigbrew22
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:32 pm

Bigbrew22 wrote:Maybe it's time to rethink this question. Yes I wanna see this matchup but what's up with the cav nborder game is north border good or did cav hold out starters to prevent injury or what.

I think North Border has a pretty good team this year. I think Thompson takes down Cavalier on Friday. Should be a great game.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby steel » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:15 am

I don't think people are giving NB enough credit for the game against Cavalier. That was a huge game for them. They played an excellent game. All the kids pretty much know each other and many are good friends. I would go on record to say if they played like that, the rest of the teams on their schedule are in trouble, including Thompson. They were missing one of their best players due to training violations and will be back next week. I think it will hurt Thompson not having a tough test before this game. Cavalier is a much better team at home from the games I have watched. I am sure they relish being the underdog in this game. I think it has been around 5 years since they have lost a home game including playoffs. I know they have lost a ton of great players off last years team, but this is a team that knows how to win. I know Thompson has a wealth of speed and skill position players, but am not sure they have the physicality on their lines and defense to win a defensive struggle. That being said, it will probably be an offensive shootout with the last team having the ball, winning. Good luck to both
steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby 5-time state chump » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:41 pm

Thompson leading 20-14 in 3rd Quarter.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Buck » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:43 pm

Was a heck of a game. Back and forth. Cavalier had a chance to score from the one with a few seconds left and no timeouts and Thompson made the stop. Hats off to both teams was worth the watch. I think they will meet up again!
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Postby madseason » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:00 am

Buck wrote:Was a heck of a game. Back and forth. Cavalier had a chance to score from the one with a few seconds left and no timeouts and Thompson made the stop. Hats off to both teams was worth the watch. I think they will meet up again!
Congrats to Thompson on the big win. Caught the end on the radio. What a great goal line stand at the end. 2nd 3rd and 4th on the one. Didn't think that was possible against Cavalier. Was exciting even listening on the radio, Cunningham on 1310 is a great announcer. I have a feeling they may meet again also. A lot of upsets tonight.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:02 pm

madseason wrote:
Buck wrote: Was exciting even listening on the radio, Cunningham on 1310 is a great announcer.

I was trying to find the game. I couldn't find it.

Are you talking Ryan Cunningham?

He is by far the best play by play guy I've heard in this state. Bar none. It stinks he left VC.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby madseason » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:01 pm

5-time state chump wrote:
madseason wrote:
Buck wrote: Was exciting even listening on the radio, Cunningham on 1310 is a great announcer.

I was trying to find the game. I couldn't find it.

Are you talking Ryan Cunningham?

He is by far the best play by play guy I've heard in this state. Bar none. It stinks he left VC.

Yea Ryan Cunningham on 1310 am out of Grand Forks.
madseason
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby steel » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:42 am

I am a diehard football fan and this one definitely lived up to the hype. That was the best high school game I have seen in over 25 years. Big plays on both sides of the ball. Lots of hard hitting. Thompson's big play capability definitely showed on a couple of Cavalier's missed assignments. I bet Cavalier wishes they would have had a timeout left at the end of the game and at end of halftime. Overall, I thought Cavalier outplayed Thompson but the only thing that matters is the final score. The grounding penalty should definitely been blown dead. I bet both teams had plenty of bumps and bruises on Saturday. I am curious to see how Thompson and New Rockford turns out. The east side of the playoff bracket will be brutal with Richland, Shiloh, Thompson, Cavalier, Hankinson, North Border, Lamoure, Linton, SZ, New Rockford, Napoleon. I have never seen a more wideopen bracket in my life
steel
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man