Re: 2014 Postseason

Postby Sleepy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:59 pm

LLM over Richland 46-12. Final
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsphenom » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:13 pm

Sleepy wrote:LLM over Richland 46-12. Final

Anthony Olson 37 carries, 413 yards, 7 tds. WOW!
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Buck » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Cavalier 54
Hankinson 0
Final
Buck
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsphenom » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:18 pm

Shiloh 36
GCF 8
Final
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Pit Bull » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:02 pm

Shiloh had a dominant performance today. Will have a tough time with TGU, but if they can control both sides of the ball like they did today and keep Luna off the field, they will have a good shot. Looking forward to next week!
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby norton » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:52 pm

I was at the Shiloh vs Flasher/GC game today. I wouldn't say Shiloh dominated today 16-8 at the half could have easily been tied at the half. They played a solid second half but and pulled away from a less talented team. They will need to play better to win next week. Towner and Shiloh are both very good teams it will be a battle next Saturday.
norton
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Pit Bull » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:31 pm

Play a better game next week? They played a near flawless game. The reason the score was so close was Shiloh ran up the middle the whole game at will, 5 to 7 yards at a time. It should have been a shutout but a dropped interception and penalty allowed GC-F two more chances to score. Shiloh only passed once and had the ball around 21 minutes of the second half. They also kneeled on the 2 with seconds left to show good sportsmanship on a sure td. GC-F is a very good team, and battled. If Shiloh only has to pass one time next week they will win with a similar score. But I do respect your opinion, just saw the game differently.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Anybody else surprised by the TGU game? I figured that to be a close one with the RTH/SJ outcome the week before
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:23 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Anybody else surprised by the TGU game? I figured that to be a close one with the RTH/SJ outcome the week before

Did the wind neutralize RTH's attack a bit?? I don't know for sure...just wondering.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sniper » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Anybody else surprised by the TGU game? I figured that to be a close one with the RTH/SJ outcome the week before

Did the wind neutralize RTH's attack a bit?? I don't know for sure...just wondering.

TGU throws the ball more than RTH though so I would have thought the wind would be to their advantage.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sniper » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm

Pit Bull wrote:Play a better game next week? They played a near flawless game. The reason the score was so close was Shiloh ran up the middle the whole game at will, 5 to 7 yards at a time. It should have been a shutout but a dropped interception and penalty allowed GC-F two more chances to score. Shiloh only passed once and had the ball around 21 minutes of the second half. They also kneeled on the 2 with seconds left to show good sportsmanship on a sure td. GC-F is a very good team, and battled. If Shiloh only has to pass one time next week they will win with a similar score. But I do respect your opinion, just saw the game differently.

Would not call that a "near flawless game" at all. GC-F was driving the ball the first possession until they had a penalty then a fumble. GC-F also dropped 3 passes that would have been touchdowns, all in the first half. Also Shiloh almost gave up a touchdown on kickoff. Shiloh played a really great second half as they scored twice before GC-F even had the ball. First half was not all that impressive though, as they were only beating a team that has 15 guys and are less talented by one score. Kneeling the ball would have showed better sportsmanship then running a play. I am not saying that they are not a very talented team at all, I'm just saying that this was not a flawless game.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby bulldog_power » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:54 am

My early prediction is TGU by 12. Just don't think Shiloh has enough defense to stop luna so I see them putting up 30-40. From the couple Shiloh games I saw this year I just don't think they can tackle well enough as a team to get it done.Sounded like both Shiloh and gcf we evenly matched teams. Seems like the difference was a few key turnover, which is usually a big indicated of who wins in the playoffs. all the teams that played this weekend are very good teams and could have won the game. Great season to all the teams that lost and good luck to the final four
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pit Bull » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:42 am

Sniper wrote:
Pit Bull wrote:Play a better game next week? They played a near flawless game. The reason the score was so close was Shiloh ran up the middle the whole game at will, 5 to 7 yards at a time. It should have been a shutout but a dropped interception and penalty allowed GC-F two more chances to score. Shiloh only passed once and had the ball around 21 minutes of the second half. They also kneeled on the 2 with seconds left to show good sportsmanship on a sure td. GC-F is a very good team, and battled. If Shiloh only has to pass one time next week they will win with a similar score. But I do respect your opinion, just saw the game differently.

Would not call that a "near flawless game" at all. GC-F was driving the ball the first possession until they had a penalty then a fumble. GC-F also dropped 3 passes that would have been touchdowns, all in the first half. Also Shiloh almost gave up a touchdown on kickoff. Shiloh played a really great second half as they scored twice before GC-F even had the ball. First half was not all that impressive though, as they were only beating a team that has 15 guys and are less talented by one score. Kneeling the ball would have showed better sportsmanship then running a play. I am not saying that they are not a very talented team at all, I'm just saying that this was not a flawless game.

Sniper, I do respect your opinion, just saw the game differently is all. Shiloh had no turnovers, ran the ball at will against a very good defensive team in GC-F, played very good defense, controlled the ball most of the game, and could have easily had a shutout with another score tacked on. IMO saying that the three dropped passes would have been TDs is a stretch, but they could have been. It could be said that GC-F should not have scored at all since a dropped interception and a penalty allowed them to score. The kneeling the ball on fourth down and giving GC-F the ball with time on the clock was not an option. I have been around coaching for over 20 years, and you never just give the other team the ball. If it was third down, then a kneel down would have been the right call. Thought GC-F had a heck of a season and both teams yesterday fought hard.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby north1 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:16 am

Not making a prediction in the west, the only sure pick is Cavalier in 9 man.

I believe TGU has to travel to Shiloh for this upcoming game. I also believe TGU has not had an away game in the last two years of post season play. This HAS to be a factor. Also do not believe TGU has played on artificial turf in the last two years. Some may think this also doesn't apply, but it does have a bearing as it is an adjustment to a lot of nine man teams not familiar with it. Last year Shiloh's field was like playing a game on the beach. Way to much rubber. I know WNG team was completely spent afterward and it did effect them in the championship game as my son said his legs still felt like rubber for that game(don't know if field has improved this year).

Also Shiloh's field is very tricky for wind, and it completely took the passing game out in last years game with WNG. We were lucky that Shiloh made a lot of mistakes early and we were able to hold on. Shiloh is very physical and can just keep pounding you into submission. At least that is how I saw them last year, don't know about this year.

As I said not making a prediction, because I feel it will come down to turnovers, weather and TGU's ability to travel well and adjust to field. I do think, however, Shiloh has the upper hand in some of the categories and would definitely not say they can't handle TGU. Should be a great game.
north1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Pit Bull » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:32 am

north1 wrote:Not making a prediction in the west, the only sure pick is Cavalier in 9 man.

I believe TGU has to travel to Shiloh for this upcoming game. I also believe TGU has not had an away game in the last two years of post season play. This HAS to be a factor. Also do not believe TGU has played on artificial turf in the last two years. Some may think this also doesn't apply, but it does have a bearing as it is an adjustment to a lot of nine man teams not familiar with it. Last year Shiloh's field was like playing a game on the beach. Way to much rubber. I know WNG team was completely spent afterward and it did effect them in the championship game as my son said his legs still felt like rubber for that game(don't know if field has improved this year).

Also Shiloh's field is very tricky for wind, and it completely took the passing game out in last years game with WNG. We were lucky that Shiloh made a lot of mistakes early and we were able to hold on. Shiloh is very physical and can just keep pounding you into submission. At least that is how I saw them last year, don't know about this year.

As I said not making a prediction, because I feel it will come down to turnovers, weather and TGU's ability to travel well and adjust to field. I do think, however, Shiloh has the upper hand in some of the categories and would definitely not say they can't handle TGU. Should be a great game.

Very well stated (IMO). Shiloh is bigger and stronger this year than last year (same kids one more year of maturity). Their tackling is obviously their strength. They were by far the best defensive team in Region 4, and I shouldn't get any argument given their record and points allowed. They also have one of the top (maybe the top) cover guy in Region 4 (5 int.; 10+ pass defended).

Their offense is a little different from a year ago. They can slam their Rbs at you all day (3 quality rbs) (did this to GC-F on Saturday) or they can sneak their Qb for chunks of yards (not an option last year) (possibly fastest on the team). Another twist is they have won games by passing 80% of the time. Weather will play a factor.

Luna will be a tough challenge. From what I have heard, great kid and great football player. You can never count those kids out. He also has a great supporting cast, much like WNG had last year. The team that makes the fewest mistakes should win this matchup which is exactly what played out last year. Looking forward to a great game!
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:43 pm

Semifinal Predictions:
Cavalier def. LaMoure-LM 68-22
Shiloh Christian def. TGU 48-46
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Sniper » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:32 pm

G13: R1 #1 LaMoure-LM (10-1) @ R2 #1 Cavalier (11-0) - 44-6
G14: R3 #1 TGU (10-1) @ R4 #1 Shiloh Christian (10-0) - 36-28
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballislife15 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Saturday, November 8th
G13: R1 #1 LaMoure-LM (10-1) @ R2 #1 Cavalier (11-0) 40-24
G14: R3 #1 TGU (10-1) @ R4 #1 Shiloh Christian (10-0) Shiloh is to much for TGU and Luna 24-6
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Postby MtGbCc » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:22 pm

Semifinal Predictions:
Cavalier def. LaMoure-LM 44-42
Shiloh Christian def. TGU 36-34
MtGbCc
NDPreps Rookie

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:48 pm

I'm going with LLM in a shocker, 42 to 41.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:44 pm

I'm going with Cavalier 56-14 and Shiloh 42-24
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Did Cavalier get snow on their field today?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby woodchuck10 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:54 pm

LaMoure-LM @ Cavalier 36-32
TGU @ Shiloh Christian 26-16
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Buck » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:55 pm

vikingman wrote:Did Cavalier get snow on their field today?

No.
Buck
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man