2014 Postseason

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2014 Postseason

Postby lovwatchingsports » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Sniper wrote:
packers21 wrote:
Sniper wrote:
Buck wrote:Sniper

In your opinion who was the best 9 man player then last year?

Hunter Braaten.

I almost feel you should be banned for a week for such a ridiculous comment. Hunter was a great football player led his team to two state championships. The reality is he isnt even close to the same level that Chrest was on. Did u watch any of the State Championship game last year? Wasnt even fair set the Dakota Bowl rushing record by half. Chrest whipped the field with him, the fact he won POY was a joke. Braaten was very good but Chrest was great.

The reality is that Chrest played on a team with much more talent around him than Braaten did. Of course Braaten did not play as well as Chrest did in the championship, how was he suppose to when his team was severely outmatched? If you watched the game closely you would notice that those holes Chrest was running through were HUGE, you could have driven a truck through them. Braaten was lucky if he got to the line without being hit.. he had little to no running lanes at all the entire game. If Braaten played for Cavalier he could have done just as good as Chrest.

Braaten deserved that award. The kid took two average teams and made them the state runner ups.. in both A and 9-Man. Ran for over 300 yards in each of the three playoff games before state. 4 year starter. Holds almost every school record for rushing, passing and tackles. Defiantly not a joke.

One big LIKE!
lovwatchingsports
NDPreps All-State

Postby DaU » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:33 am

Cavalier-60
Shiloh-14
DaU
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sniper » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Cavalier - 42
Shiloh- 16
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby lovefootball88 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:05 pm

Cavalier 36

Shiloh 30

Turnovers will be the key.............. Shiloh hasn't played anybody with the size of Cavalier but Cavalier hasn't played anybody with the team speed of Shiloh.... I go with size in playoff football....
lovefootball88
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bstark28 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:21 pm

Sniper wrote:

Hunter Braaten.

Just to stop worrying about last year, I figured I might as well move this conversation to the 2014 class. Is there anyone else on the same level as Robbins in the 9-man ranks this year? Rushing for just under 2,000 yards on half the carries and playing probably half as many quarters as a majority of the others who may be in the conversation, due to the scores of Cavalier's games.
bstark28
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sniper » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:02 pm

bstark28 wrote:
Sniper wrote:

Hunter Braaten.

Just to stop worrying about last year, I figured I might as well move this conversation to the 2014 class. Is there anyone else on the same level as Robbins in the 9-man ranks this year? Rushing for just under 2,000 yards on half the carries and playing probably half as many quarters as a majority of the others who may be in the conversation, due to the scores of Cavalier's games.

Nobody that I have watched is on the same level as him.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:23 pm

Sniper wrote:
bstark28 wrote:
Sniper wrote:

Hunter Braaten.

What type of looks is he getting?
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Sniper wrote:
packers21 wrote:
Sniper wrote:

Hunter Braaten.

I almost feel you should be banned for a week for such a ridiculous comment. Hunter was a great football player led his team to two state championships. The reality is he isnt even close to the same level that Chrest was on. Did u watch any of the State Championship game last year? Wasnt even fair set the Dakota Bowl rushing record by half. Chrest whipped the field with him, the fact he won POY was a joke. Braaten was very good but Chrest was great.

The reality is that Chrest played on a team with much more talent around him than Braaten did. Of course Braaten did not play as well as Chrest did in the championship, how was he suppose to when his team was severely outmatched? If you watched the game closely you would notice that those holes Chrest was running through were HUGE, you could have driven a truck through them. Braaten was lucky if he got to the line without being hit.. he had little to no running lanes at all the entire game. If Braaten played for Cavalier he could have done just as good as Chrest.

Braaten deserved that award. The kid took two average teams and made them the state runner ups.. in both A and 9-Man. Ran for over 300 yards in each of the three playoff games before state. 4 year starter. Holds almost every school record for rushing, passing and tackles. Defiantly not a joke.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one sniper
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Sniper wrote:
bstark28 wrote:
Sniper wrote:

Hunter Braaten.

What type of looks is he getting?

Committed to NDSU
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:26 pm

lovefootball88 wrote:Cavalier 36

Shiloh 30

Turnovers will be the key.............. Shiloh hasn't played anybody with the size of Cavalier but Cavalier hasn't played anybody with the team speed of Shiloh.... I go with size in playoff football....

but you almost went speed.....6 points... :)

Playoff or lets say championship football hinges more on perseverance than anything....you stated "turnovers" this can be critical, yet I've seen up to 4 turnovers by a team in playoffs and they still win the game....the Tornado football team of Cavalier is wicked good, they just are....is Shiloh Christian very good too? yes I would have to believe they are....but it will boil down to (more than anything for either team) Game Plan, than executing that game plan with perseverance---steadfastness, despite difficulty......noon on friday
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby d_fense » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:54 pm

I am hoping that this will be an entertaining game compared to most of the 9 Man title games. I just don't see that happening. From what I have seen Shiloh's wing, Dale (#8) is a nice hard runner. He's short, difficult to bring down, and hides well in their misdirection. Their team as a whole seems very comparable to Hankinson to me. That being said I see this one getting out of hand.

Who knows what will happen in the 4th, when I am guessing it will be mainly 2nd and 3rd string boys.

After 3
Cavalier 48
Shiloh 0

Final Score
Cavalier 54
Shiloh 14
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sniper » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:41 pm

d_fense wrote:I am hoping that this will be an entertaining game compared to most of the 9 Man title games. I just don't see that happening. From what I have seen Shiloh's wing, Dale (#8) is a nice hard runner. He's short, difficult to bring down, and hides well in their misdirection. Their team as a whole seems very comparable to Hankinson to me. That being said I see this one getting out of hand.

Who knows what will happen in the 4th, when I am guessing it will be mainly 2nd and 3rd string boys.

After 3
Cavalier 48
Shiloh 0

Final Score
Cavalier 54
Shiloh 14

I think Shiloh is a lot better than Hankinson.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Pit Bull » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Shiloh made a good showing. Forced Cavalier to punt twice in 1st quarter. Needed to score on the drop pass and not have the costly turnover early. They also had a chance to get in right before half. Cavalier would have won the game regardless but would have been nice to see Cavalier play from behind, if only for a minute or two.

Cavalier was like a college team compared to Shiloh. My guess from past scores, this is how they matched up like against most teams. They lined up and imposed their will on you, and broke you down. The best team is State Champs!

Looking forward to next year. I think the new format will shake things up for the better. Not sure who Cavalier has coming back, but their coaching staff does a great job. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a rematch in the 9 man championship game next year.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby B-oldtimer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:22 am

9 man will be very competitive division next year a lot of 11 man teams dropping back to 9 man next year. Some of those teams were young and improving so I expect very competitive season next year. I also believe Cavalier and Shiloh will be very competitive but the loss of graduation this year will bring these teams back to the pack some. Here in Northeast part of ND Thompson returns a lot, so does Hatton-Northwood and , then add in Mayport, North Border, North prairie, and several other good programs like Northstar, New Rockford, and Benson county that have won in the past should make for very competitive divisions. Region 1 has a lot of good teams as well so I expect very competitive 9 man field for coming year in the eastern part of the state. The western teams I believe will be also very competitive and will have gained a few new teams as well.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby B-oldtimer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:40 am

I was just looking at 9 man divisions and I see Cavalier will be in division with Thompson, North Border, North Star, Midway-Minto, New Rockford,and Drayton/Valley=Edinberg. I think Thompson and North Border should be competitive with Cavalier for next year. Shiloh will be in region 3 with Linton, Napoleon, and South Border all very good programs which should make for very tough region to win. Like I said 9 man will be very competitive next year.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Pit Bull » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:05 am

I don't disagree with you at all. There will be a lot of good teams. I just said it wouldn't surprise me to see the same teams in the championship game next year. There could be another 12 teams or so that could make it I'm sure especially with some coming down from 11 man.
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby bulldog_power » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:17 pm

There was no doubt that cavalier was the better overall team. I will say that Shiloh had some opportunities early that would Have made it a closer game, but just seemed to always make mistakesm. I believe the best two teams were playing in the game which isn't usually the case.
As for next year. Looking at the program, both teams graduate there best players and I think it will be a uphill climb for both teams to get back. Looking at the sidelines it looked like cavalier has more than Shiloh does, but both teams will have to fill a lot of Holes. Also, I don't believe we can see a repeat in the championship as both teams are now in the east in the new alignment I believe.
Congrats to both teams on a well deserved trip to the Dakota bowl and on great seasons
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Pit Bull » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:31 pm

I think you are correct they are both in East. Shiloh is losing some great players, but the offensive line who made the holes will be back. Also a QB who playing mostly first halfs had over 1400 yards from scrimmage (500 rushing and 900 passing) and 31 TDs. (JV and Jr high teams also dominated most of their opponents. Could have both easily been un defeated with each having one loss). But you never know what can happen.....
Pit Bull
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Thoughts on the game:
1. Cavalier looked really good, I would say not as good as last year but still very impressive.
2. Shiloh gave Cavalier their best competition of the year, not counting the AA game they played. Shiloh could have gotten on the board at least once more time if it wasn't for a dropped pass on fourth down. We definitely got to watch the two best 9-man teams play.
3. I do not see either Shiloh or Cavalier making it back to championship next year, based on what they have returning and the 11-man teams that are dropping down.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to 9 - Man