6. Beach
7. Center-Stanton
8. Bowman Co.
9. T-TC
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Re: Region 4

Postby bulldog_power » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:27 pm

There are a few big games yet to be played to determine the region. It start Friday with beach v grant county. There are 6 teams with a shot at the four playof spots. It seems like two Of those spots are already taken by grant county and Shiloh if you look at the games that have already been played. I think after that it looks like richardton, beach, hettinger, and Mott will all be fighting for the other two spots. I don't know what the order of the playoff teams will be but I think it's clear who two of the four will be. However, it's a long season and teams have to stay healthy to have a shot.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:19 am

This week I will go with:
Richardton-Taylor-Hebron @ Center-Stanton
Bowman County @ Mott-Regent
Beach @ Grant-Co.-Flasher
Hettinger-Scranton @ Trenton/Trinity Christian FORFEIT

Too bad that Hettinger-Scranton doesn't get to play this week. Hopefully T-TC will be able to play out the rest of their schedule.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Tomdawg34 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:25 pm

I think the top 3 spots are locked up. Shiloh is the clear #1 and Grant County and RTH will battle for the #2 spot. The #4 spot is up for grabs between Mott-Regent, Hettinger-Scranton, and Beach. I would give the edge in that race to Hettinger-Scranton.

How is Grant County this year? What major players did they lose from last years team? Do they have a shot against Shiloh?
Tomdawg34
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sniper » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:43 am

Tomdawg34 wrote:I think the top 3 spots are locked up. Shiloh is the clear #1 and Grant County and RTH will battle for the #2 spot. The #4 spot is up for grabs between Mott-Regent, Hettinger-Scranton, and Beach. I would give the edge in that race to Hettinger-Scranton.

How is Grant County this year? What major players did they lose from last years team? Do they have a shot against Shiloh?

Grant Co.-Flasher lost QB Taylor Krenz, 1st team all state, region 4 senior athlete, 2,132 passing yards, 35 TDs and 65% completion. Also lost WR Zackary Schmidt, 1st team all state, 41 catches, 990 yards, 20 total TDs. Lost another all-region WR and their whole linebacker crew along with a lineman.

Schafer is their best returning player. Through the first 3 games of this year he has 16 total TDs, +650 rushing yards, and +150 receiving yards. They have a few other good athletes and a solid line but would need to have a huge game out of Schafer to compete with Shiloh.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby bulldog_power » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:36 pm

How bad is this region? Seems every week half the region gets beat by 40. I know there are usually a couple bad teams, but this year it seems their are a ton. Are the top teams that much better and good, or is it just that the bottom is so bad, none of the teams are that good. It appears
That grant county, shiloh, and richardton are pretty good, but how good? Can any of
Them make a run in the playoffs against region3.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:48 pm

bulldog_power wrote:How bad is this region? Seems every week half the region gets beat by 40. I know there are usually a couple bad teams, but this year it seems their are a ton. Are the top teams that much better and good, or is it just that the bottom is so bad, none of the teams are that good. It appears
That grant county, shiloh, and richardton are pretty good, but how good? Can any of
Them make a run in the playoffs against region3.

Overall this region is weaker than it was last season. I think the top 3 teams could make a playoff run. Very impressed with Shiloh. GC-F can score but needs to do a better job on defense. The most interesting game this season should be R-T-H at GC-F, this should determine who the 2 and 3 seeds are.

Shiloh is better than they were last year and is the favorite IMO to represent the west in the championship. They are running a bit of a different offense this season too. Emmel and Dale are a very good back combo, and Martin is a good athlete at quarterback that should continue to improve as the season goes on.

Grant Co.-Flasher has a really good running back and a couple of other good athletes along with a solid line, but does not have any depth at all. I think they only have like 15-17 kids on the team.

I cant tell if Richardton is better or worse than last year. They return their starting running backs so they should have improved at those positions but graduated most of their line from last season so they might not be as good upfront. Also have a new QB this year.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sniper » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Week 4 Predictions:
Beach (1-3) @ #2 Shiloh Christian (3-0) - Shiloh by 40.
RV Grant County-Flasher (4-0) @ Mott-Regent (2-2) - High scoring game. GC-F wins by 16.
Bowman County (1-2) @ Richardton-Taylor (3-1) - Richardton by 30.
Center-Stanton (0-3) @ Hettinger-Scranton (2-1; 2-2) - Hettinger-Scranton by 20.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby bulldog_power » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:28 pm

It looks like this region is headed down the same road as last year with a rematch of last years region championship.of course grant county still has to play richardton, which should be a great game. Regardless of outcome the grant count/ Shiloh game will still decide the region. From the scores I've seen has Shiloh even had to play a ful game yet? Question is

Can grant county give Shiloh a game

can the region four teams compete in the playoffs as the teams in region three seem much better top to bottom.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:57 am

bulldog_power wrote:It looks like this region is headed down the same road as last year with a rematch of last years region championship.of course grant county still has to play richardton, which should be a great game. Regardless of outcome the grant count/ Shiloh game will still decide the region. From the scores I've seen has Shiloh even had to play a ful game yet? Question is

Can grant county give Shiloh a game

can the region four teams compete in the playoffs as the teams in region three seem much better top to bottom.

In order for Grant County-Flasher to give them a game Schafer would have to carry them similar to what Braaten did last year, which is a lot to ask from one kid. Grant County-Flasher would also have to win the battle up front, which could be difficult when you consider that all of their lineman have to play both ways and on most special teams.

I think the Richardton-Taylor-Hebron and Grant County-Flasher game is probably going to be the best game. Should be a close high scoring game.

Shiloh is better than all of the region 3 teams. St. Johns and TGU are in the same area as Grant County-Flasher and Richardton-Taylor-Hebron are talent wise.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby bulldog_power » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:15 pm

With two weeks left who's going to be the four seed. I I were a betting man I would go with mott. I see hettinger beating bowman which will eliminate them but I cannot see hettinger beating richardton and then mott would be the four via head to head. Unless of course mott beats Shiloh this week, then they are in for sure, but I don't know if I see that happening.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby bulldog_power » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:07 pm

how will this region stack up in the playoffs. looking at records it appears that region 3 is much more competitive then region 4. do you think it will benefit region 3 playoff teams having been in so many competitive games and likewise hurt the region 4 playoff teams being the region is so non competitive. of course I say non competitive by just looking at scores, maybe it is much more of a competitive region then I think, please let me know your thoughts on that as well. we are a couple weeks out from the real pressure games, so the games are starting to get very interesting.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Howie » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:53 pm

bulldog_power wrote:With two weeks left who's going to be the four seed. I I were a betting man I would go with mott. I see hettinger beating bowman which will eliminate them but I cannot see hettinger beating richardton and then mott would be the four via head to head. Unless of course mott beats Shiloh this week, then they are in for sure, but I don't know if I see that happening.

I agree with you on Hettinger-Scranton being able to beat Bowman County. I think that Grant County/Flasher will beat RT and that would set up a game between HS and RT that if HS won they would be the 3 seed and RT would be the 4 seed, if HS would get beat RT would be the 3 seed and MR would be the 4. People need to remember that Scranton is a part of the Hettinger-Scranton teams, it is not just Hettinger.
Howie
NDPreps Starter

Postby bighouse » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:44 pm

You have to remember Hebron is part of Richardton-Taylor so its RTH
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby bighouse » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:47 pm

Not just RT
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby Howie » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Yes, I forgot that. My apologies to Hebron. I always forget they split up with GU for football. IMO the RTH vs HS game will decide the 3/4 seeds from this region
Howie
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tomdawg34 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:50 pm

I anticipate that the RTH vs. Grant County game will be the best game in Region 4 this year. Shiloh is just clearly better than the rest of the region, so I don't think any of their games have been very exciting. Other than RTH and Grant County the rest of the region has looked terrible. It is amazing how that many teams can be so bad in the same region, but that is what happens some years I guess.

Anyway back to the game. Looking at how they have fared against common opponents I would have to say that the offenses and defenses are pretty matched. They both seem to fare the same against all opponents. Granted it is hard to say how good a team is by looking at box scores since things change so much week to week and depending how much the jv plays, but it is fun to speculate. RTH has been pretty balanced this year with their attack, so that might be the game changer. If Grant County can't key on just one guy then they will have a hard time stopping RTH. Grant County seems to rely on Schafer quite a bit, so if RTH can limit him then I think they will have a good shot at winning. I expect this to be a close high scoring game. The main factor in this game will be turnovers. Whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game.
Tomdawg34
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bulldog_power » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:02 pm

I think the teams are even talent wise, but think Richardtons depth will be the difference down the stretch.
Grant county will get worn down with RTs physical style as the game goes. Both are quality teams and it should be a good game.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:21 pm

It's Grant County-Flasher, not just Grant County. Over half the team is from Flasher so they should also be credited.

I think this will be a great game between two teams that can run the ball. I think GC-F will win in a high scoring game. RTH has two good running backs but Schafer will be the best player on the field. I think Schafer will have a huge day. Tanner Marion for GC-F has been an underrated player all year and should have a big impact in this game. I don't think either team is going to be able to stop each other from scoring. GC-F has had RTHs number the last few years having beaten them 3 straight years and even beat them by 2 scores last year when the weather made impossible for GC-F to throw the ball. I also have a feeling that GC-Fs QB Peyton Gabrielson will make some big plays.

GC-F - 48
RTH - 42
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Howie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Went to a football game tonight, never seen poorer sportsmanship in my whole life. Grown adults yelling at student athletes, both athletic directors having to control the crowd. Absolutely ridiculous.
Howie
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sleepy » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:41 pm

Who won?
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:43 pm

RTH 30
GCF 28
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bighouse » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:57 am

That should up RTH in the poles I would think? :D
bighouse
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sleepy » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:15 pm

That gives them #2 seed in the playoffs. That's all that matters. Polls mean nothing.
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bulldog_power » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:53 pm

If grant county beats Shiloh there is a chance that RTH could still end up three, of course RTH still has to beat HC, but I think that will happen.
The real question is how the GCF and Shiloh game will go.
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to 9 - Man