2014 Favorites

The teams in 9 Man

2014 Favorites

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:34 am

Who will be the region favorites next year and of those teams which are the ones that could contend for a state title?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Re: 2014 Favorites

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:49 am

Cavalier only graduates 3 players; however they will have to replace Chrest...but I assume they return many of their other key players!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bulldog_power » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:09 pm

My top two from each region are:

Region 1- south border, Napoleon
Region 2- cavalier, everyone else playing for 2nd
Region 3- divide county, TGU
Region 4- Richardton, beach
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:00 pm

bulldog_power wrote:My top two from each region are:

What's your reasoning behind RTH and Beach being your favorites in region 4? Shiloh's best players were only juniors plus they only lost 3 seniors, so I would say they are the clear favorite. IMO Grant County-Flasher will be the second team in that region. GC-F will lose Krenz and Schmidt but they return their whole line, and a speedy back who went over 1,000 yards last year. I'm not saying RTH and Beach will not be good teams but they had a lot of seniors so I'm not sure why they are your favorites.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby bulldog_power » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:22 pm

I do think Shiloh will be up there, but they play richardton early in the season and I can see them losing that game as last year rt got down early. But played Shiloh even from there. And they both bring back good players. Your probably right about beach, but they always seem to find a way to be competitive and also have some kids back. I know Schafer ran for a lot of yards for grant County but most of that was in junk time and without as much of a passing threat teams will focus more on stoping him. No doubt he did seem to get better as the season went, just not sure it will be enough for grant county to compete for the region. Thinking about Shiloh I will concede that it will probably be them or richardton for the region title
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:07 am

bulldog_power wrote:I do think Shiloh will be up there, but they play richardton early in the season and I can see them losing that game as last year rt got down early. But played Shiloh even from there. And they both bring back good players. Your probably right about beach, but they always seem to find a way to be competitive and also have some kids back. I know Schafer ran for a lot of yards for grant County but most of that was in junk time and without as much of a passing threat teams will focus more on stoping him. No doubt he did seem to get better as the season went, just not sure it will be enough for grant county to compete for the region. Thinking about Shiloh I will concede that it will probably be them or richardton for the region title

I do not see RTH competing with Shiloh. RTH loses 8 seniors that includes most of their line. They do return two running backs and a tight end but I don't think that will be enough to stop Shiloh's run game. Shiloh should actually be better than last year with all that they return. Also Grant County-Flasher beat RTH last year without their passing game. They were forced to run the ball because of terrible weather conditions. GC-F will not be a run only team either, they return some good athletes at receivers and always seem to like spreading out the field.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby pigplet » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:11 am

bulldog_power wrote:My top two from each region are:

Hankinson, Lamoure and SZ will be the favorites in 1.

SB loses ALL of the leadership in Theilges and Miedinger and will have a huge void in the linebacking core which was their strength. As far as Napoleon, Fettig is gone and took 90% of their offence with him. The coach they have seems to be very capable and will find a way to recoup some of it.
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bulldog_power » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:30 pm

So who are the favorites for next year? Lets hear the two teams from each side of the state with the best shot at getting to the dome. No need to pick a winner unless you want to of course
bulldog_power
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Ok I'll bite on it: Cavalier & Shiloh Christian
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby dyhardballa09 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:30 pm

What does TGU (other than Luna) look like for next year?
How about DC? Do not know much about their returners...

The west is Shiloh's to lose, but curious on some of their competition.
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sniper » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:26 pm

dyhardballa09 wrote:What does TGU (other than Luna) look like for next year?
How about DC? Do not know much about their returners...

The west is Shiloh's to lose, but curious on some of their competition.

TGU returns an all-state WR/TE. They should be tough with a good quarterback who can run and pass, plus a good receiver to throw it to.

I would say that TGU, Grant Co-Flasher, and Richardton-Taylor-Hebron would be Shiloh's biggest threats in the west. GC-F returns their whole line and a speedy back. RTH returns a few solid backs. I would say that Shiloh is way ahead of all these teams but its early and a lot could happen between now and then.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby footballislife15 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:20 pm

LaMoure returns an all-state WR and And all state lineman. Should be pretty tough if they can put it together.
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Return to 9 - Man