Playoff update thread

The teams in 9 Man

Re: Playoff update thread

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:39 pm

There have been some good games. WNG won 48-42, go check out that last TD.
Alexander won in OT.
SC/NC is a 1 point game with 3 minutes left.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:48 pm

Flip wrote:There have been some good games. WNG won 48-42, go check out that last TD.
Alexander won in OT.

Hettinger County won 22-20 in OT not Alexander
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:54 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
Flip wrote:There have been some good games. WNG won 48-42, go check out that last TD.
Alexander won in OT.

Hettinger County won 22-20 in OT not Alexander

Yep, I knew that too, just typed it incorrectly.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:49 pm

SB up 16-12 at half.
Westhope up 32-0 2nd quarter.
NC up 16-14 half.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:04 pm

L-LM leads NR-S/Maddock 12-6 in 2nd Q
WNG now leads 46-0 late 2nd quarter!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:09 pm

SB wins 28-24.
NP wins.
I assume WNG did as well.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:24 pm

NRS won late

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:10 pm

WalkingStick wrote:NRS won late

They must of won late. I couldn't find anything on this game. A buddy messaged me that Lamoure was up 2 with 2 minutes left and the ball. Next, I heard NRS won. I'm interested to hear what happened.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:30 pm

Flip wrote:

They must of won late. I couldn't find anything on this game. A buddy messaged me that Lamoure was up 2 with 2 minutes left and the ball. Next, I heard NRS won. I'm interested to hear what happened.

I was watching the app update...sounded like NRS scored really quick after LLM had taken that late lead

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby TC21 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:37 am

NRSM scored a touchdown with about a minute to go with a 4th and 5 at LLM s 25 yard line with about a minute ago
TC21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dakotastater » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:09 am

Flip wrote:

LLM had a long drive to take the lead with about two and a half minutes left, and on the subsequent kickoff NRSM did not cover the squib kick which LLM recovered. After 3 runs for losses and two timeouts LLM had to punt, but the snap went over the punters head. NRMS took over at about the 35 with a minute 30 left and immediately dropped a potential touchdown pass. Then after a short completion and another incompletion , on 4th down the kid that dropped the potential touchdown made a tough catch in traffic to score. On the kickoff the LLM returner went to a knee to field the kick so was down and they had to start on the 20 with 45 seconds on the clock. NRMS played a horrific prevent defense and allowed LLM all the way inside the 20 where LLM had two legit shots at a winning touchdown, but both passes were incomplete. To recap, the last 2 and a half minutes were insane.
Dakotastater
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:16 am

Dakotastater wrote:
Flip wrote:

LLM had a long drive to take the lead with about two and a half minutes left, and on the subsequent kickoff NRSM did not cover the squib kick which LLM recovered. After 3 runs for losses and two timeouts LLM had to punt, but the snap went over the punters head. NRMS took over at about the 35 with a minute 30 left and immediately dropped a potential touchdown pass. Then after a short completion and another incompletion , on 4th down the kid that dropped the potential touchdown made a tough catch in traffic to score. On the kickoff the LLM returner went to a knee to field the kick so was down and they had to start on the 20 with 45 seconds on the clock. NRMS played a horrific prevent defense and allowed LLM all the way inside the 20 where LLM had two legit shots at a winning touchdown, but both passes were incomplete. To recap, the last 2 and a half minutes were insane.

Wow! Thanks for the recap.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby OdessaAardvark » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:33 am

Man, I feel like this playoff has been really wild this year. We have had it all! Blowouts, blizzards, OT, upsets, late scores to win, it's just a shame we only have 2 more weeks. Congrats to the final four teams, takes a little luck, but mostly a ton of sacrifice and hard work to earn the right to play this late in the season. It's shaping up to be a great finish in the dome!
OdessaAardvark
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TC21 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:42 pm

Yes I agree with everything you just said. The parity in 9 man football this year has been really good. Almost two four seeds winning in the first round. The second round featured three close games in which the one blowout I expected to be the closest game. So who knows how these semifinal games will go it’s a crapshoot. I’m not sure if if there is just a lot of really good teams this year or if there’s not just that one dominating team like we usually have.
TC21
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to 9 - Man