2013 region 1 playoff predictions

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2013 region 1 playoff predictions

Postby Waterboy36 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:14 am

Did Olson and Thielges play against Strasburg?
Waterboy36
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Flip » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:43 am

on paper it looks like the SB/NGS game will be for the region title. Edge might be to NGS as they have their bye week before they play SB. SB/WA hasn't beat NGS since '97 iirc, that has to be some type of edge too.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby imperials » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:39 pm

yes they played
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pigplet » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:32 am

Pretty quiet on the region one front since Friday night. What say all the experts today? I will say if Lamoure gets healthy they are still the team to beat, and if you have already played S/Z you are lucky, they seem to be playing very good football since the start of the season. Where is the NG/SB game played at this year, might be a fun one to go to?
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:48 am

Wishek
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby pigplet » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:09 am

Flip wrote:Wishek

No predictions flipper?
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flaxseedkitty » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:11 am

I think it comes down to the last game SB/NGS. LMM, SC, SB, and NGS shouldn't lose in these next two weeks. Only actual game is in the last week. Should be fun to see how it all pans out.
Flaxseedkitty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pigplet » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:04 am

It will be interesting to see how LMM and SB will respond to their humbling defeats on Friday. Are they both hurt, overrated or over egoed? I believe that both SC and SZ are both quality teams and hope that both of them get to the playoffs, hmmmmm that would mean that either NGS, LMM, or SB would have to stay home. And I also believe that Hankinson might want to have a say in things too!!! Let the party begin!!!
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:53 am

Should be a fun next couple of weeks.
Last edited by EHS1998 on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flaxseedkitty » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:38 pm

I'm going to take NGS in the last game and hold onto their title. NGS's line is more athletic than SB's and based on the SC/SB game SB can not tackle at all. Fettig will run all over them. He will have at least 4 touch downs. SB's defense could not stop SC's running backs. :lol:
Flaxseedkitty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pigplet » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Flaxseedkitty wrote:I'm going to take NGS in the last game and hold onto their title. NGS's line is more athletic than SB's and based on the SC/SB game SB can not tackle at all. Fettig will run all over them. He will have at least 4 touch downs. SB's defense could not stop SC's running backs. :lol:

Giving black board material to SB, you are very wise beyond your years!
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sleepy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Looks like there is another game that matters and that is Sargent Central at SZ this weekend. The loser will have 3 losses and very likely out of the playoffs. (Unless Hankinson beats SB this weekend, then they are still alive and there are more possibilities). There is a pretty good chance there will be 3 teams with 2 losses at the end of the season and so it will go to tie-breakers. But yes, all eyes will be on the SB/NGS game as that will likely determine all the playoff seeds. Of course some of the other playoff teams will be routing for SB, and some will be routing for NGS.
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:49 pm

pigplet wrote:No predictions flipper?

That's still like 2.5 weeks away.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:27 am

Flaxseedkitty wrote:SB can not tackle at all.

I think South Border can tackle just fine, perhaps comments on this board and by spectators during the SC game impacted the way they played. Not sure, just speculation on my part given such an apparent difference in how they played defensively up through the LLM game compared to how they played vs SC, taking absolutely nothing away from a very good SC team.

If so, they will need to block such things out and play as they did earlier in the year.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flaxseedkitty » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:06 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
Flaxseedkitty wrote:SB can not tackle at all.

I think South Border can tackle just fine, perhaps comments on this board and by spectators during the SC game impacted the way they played. Not sure, just speculation on my part given such an apparent difference in how they played defensively up through the LLM game compared to how they played vs SC, taking absolutely nothing away from a very good SC team.

If so, they will need to block such things out and play as they did earlier in the year.

Did you even watch the SB/SC game? SB arm tackled the whole game. That's not going to win you any game verses any team that runs the ball with any skill. SB played exactly like they did verse every other team this year. SC was just plain better then our boys.
Flaxseedkitty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:15 pm

Flaxseedkitty wrote:Did you even watch the SB/SC game? SB arm tackled the whole game. That's not going to win you any game verses any team that runs the ball with any skill. SB played exactly like they did verse every other team this year. SC was just plain better then our boys.

So let me make sure I understand you clearly...

You are saying that SB arm tackled against SC and lost. Also, according to you, they played the same way (arm tackled), against LLM, which boasts a pretty good running game as well and won handily.

No, I did not watch the SB vs SC game, I got my information from a trusted and knowledgeable football source who did.

SC was obviously better last Friday, not arguing that point at all.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flaxseedkitty » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:47 am

EHS1998 wrote:
Flaxseedkitty wrote:Did you even watch the SB/SC game? SB arm tackled the whole game. That's not going to win you any game verses any team that runs the ball with any skill. SB played exactly like they did verse every other team this year. SC was just plain better then our boys.

You are saying that SB arm tackled against SC and lost. Also, according to you, they played the same way (arm tackled), against LLM, which boasts a pretty good running game as well and won handily.

LLM has two players. Thielges and Olson. I believe they haven't been the healthiest players in past weeks. If I do recall they both went out of the SB/LLM game and did not play. It was said on here before that they were LLM's whole team. What do you expect to happen when the "whole team" gets injured. They had no means of scoring after Theilges and Olson were out. Theilges did play more of the game than Olson but you cannot put the weight of scoring every single point on just Theilges alone. The Theilges Olson combo has been really handy for LLM but they weren't playing verse SB.
Flaxseedkitty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Flaxseedkitty wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

LLM has two players. Thielges and Olson. I believe they haven't been the healthiest players in past weeks. If I do recall they both went out of the SB/LLM game and did not play. It was said on here before that they were LLM's whole team. What do you expect to happen when the "whole team" gets injured. They had no means of scoring after Theilges and Olson were out. Theilges did play more of the game than Olson but you cannot put the weight of scoring every single point on just Theilges alone. The Theilges Olson combo has been really handy for LLM but they weren't playing verse SB.

Flaxkitty - I'm confused, which is it, SB tackles poorly or LLM only has two players? You seem to be changing your argument.

I disagree that they only have those 2, Parker Stemen is playing solid in his first year at QB and improves every game. Drew Thielges is a solid receiving option and DB and Quinn Alo is above average in 9 man Region 1.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby pigplet » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
Flaxseedkitty wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

Flaxkitty - I'm confused, which is it, SB tackles poorly or LLM only has two players? You seem to be changing your argument.

I disagree that they only have those 2, Parker Stemen is playing solid in his first year at QB and improves every game. Drew Thielges is a solid receiving option and DB and Quinn Alo is above average in 9 man Region 1.

Somebody needs to light a fire under Alo's but. Tremendous "potential" that needs to be tapped by someone. At this point in the season, he is just a wide body holding his spot. And yes I have been to his games, is a nice kid, but for his size and strength, nobody, and I mean NOBODY should be able to block or stop him. C'mon Quinn, the future is now!!! Get fired up!!!
pigplet
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flaxseedkitty » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:45 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
Flaxseedkitty wrote:
EHS1998 wrote:

My argument did not change at all? I just have two reasons why SB beat LLM and lost to SC. Which is just my opinion on why the region panned out the way it has. SB beat a unhealthy LMM, SC beat a healthy SB, and LLM beat a healthy SC. IMO SB could not tackle very well and is not as great as we all thought. IMO LLM has two stud football players. Not taking anything away from the rest of their team. But that's just how it is.
Flaxseedkitty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:58 pm

Flaxseedkitty wrote:But that's just how it is.

...in your opinion.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flaxseedkitty » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:24 pm

EHS1998 wrote:
Flaxseedkitty wrote:But that's just how it is.

...in your opinion.

Yes I believe I did say that was my opinion multiple times.
Flaxseedkitty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby johnson » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:08 am

End of regular season prediction.

1 - South Border
2 - NGS
3 - SZ
4 - LM
johnson
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vb4life » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:42 am

johnson wrote:End of regular season prediction.

1 - South Border
2 - NGS
3 - SZ
4 - LM

What is the tie-breaker since you put LLM at 4? NGS,SZ, and LLM could end with 2 losses each, but LLM beat NGS, NGS beat SZ, and SZ beat LLM. Just curious. But there are still games left so anything can happen.
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sleepy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:00 am

By predicting SB over NGS, the rest of the order is very unlikely. If SB finishes first, LaMoure would have to lose to Oak Grove in order to finish 4th. Obviously the SB/NGS final game will determine a lot, but I am not going to predict who will win, I will cover both scenarios.

If SB beats NGS:

1) SB one loss. Also plays WL
2) LaMoure two losses, wins 3 way tie-breaker on total points with NGS and SZ. Remaining game vs Oakes Grove
3) NGS two losses, beat SZ and is 2nd in 3 way tie-breaker.
4) SZ Remaining game vs Hankinson and WL. I believe they could lose one of those games and still get #4 seed.

If NGS beats SB:

1) NGS - one loss
2) SB - two losses if they beat WL. Beat LaMoure and SZ
3) SZ - two losses if they beat Hankinson and WL. Beat LaMoure
4) LaMoure
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man