New Poll

The teams in 9 Man

New Poll

Postby 9manfan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:46 am

now that the season is over and done, how would you rank a new top 5 or top 10?
9manfan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: New Poll

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:54 am

w/o much thought
1. NRS
2. LLM
3. DC
4. Cavalier
5. TGU
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballislife15 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:15 am

Who does NRS and LLM lose that are big factors and who do they bring back?
Play to Win.
footballislife15
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:24 am

footballislife15 wrote:Who does NRS and LLM lose that are big factors and who do they bring back?

NRS loses 7 senior starters. Josh Edmonson FB/LB Chance LaBrie TE/LB and Alex Perleberg RB/LB were all state seniors this year and Jacob Lommen a senior was all region. However NRS returns their 1st team all state QB ethan haley and all region lineman Evan swenson, both are going to be seniors in 2013. NRS has great coaching and work ethic so look for them to still be a solid team next year
9manfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gildanman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:28 am

Has the all state team been released yet? How do you know that NRS has all those all staters?
gildanman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 9manfan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:47 am

gildanman wrote:Has the all state team been released yet? How do you know that NRS has all those all staters?

no they havent come out but thats what has been rumored. I should have waited before that statement. either way they were great players that will be missed
9manfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winners » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:47 pm

any idea when the all state team will be released?
winners
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Sleepy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:43 pm

LaMoure returns most of their backs but the line is hit really hard. Backs returning will be Brady Thielges, Anthony Olson and Wesley Wendel. Drew Thielges played end but will move to QB. Graduating linemen are Shockman, Hamlin, Alber and Jordahl with only Quinn Alo returning. Those are some quality linemen, and I will just say that the JV team didn't block very well.
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:21 pm

9manfan wrote:now that the season is over and done, how would you rank a new top 5 or top 10?

When I posted earlier I was posting as an end of season poll, not a 2013 poll.
I have no idea how 2013 will play.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jenkman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Flip wrote:
9manfan wrote:now that the season is over and done, how would you rank a new top 5 or top 10?

Flip- I think thats what he is trying to say, or unless thats how i see it too haha.

end of this season i'll go with . This is just who i think is the most talented teams
1. North Star
2. Wyndmere
3. NRS
4. DC
5. TGU
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:42 pm

1. New Rockford-Sheyenne
2. Divide County
3. North Star
4. TGU
5. Cavalier
6. LaMoure-LM
7. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood
8. Central McLean
9. Lakota-Adams-Edmore
10. Beach
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Jenkman wrote:
Flip wrote:

Flip- I think thats what he is trying to say, or unless thats how i see it too haha.

end of this season i'll go with . This is just who i think is the most talented teams
1. North Star
2. Wyndmere
3. NRS
4. DC
5. TGU

How do you not put NRS 1st? Beat everyone they played and proved to be champs. North Star tops with 2 losses? Maybe have 2 of the top talented players, but definitely not the most talented team in the state.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jenkman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:29 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
Jenkman wrote:
Flip wrote:

1. North Star
2. Wyndmere
3. NRS
4. DC
5. TGU

How do you not put NRS 1st? Beat everyone they played and proved to be champs. North Star tops with 2 losses? Maybe have 2 of the top talented players, but definitely not the most talented team in the state.

Ha yes that is exactly what i'm saying. If NRS was the best team in the state this year, phewww..that was a bad year for 9man football. If DC actually spread the ball and threw it, they would have won. They don't ever throw, and they could even throw on NRS. I would have loved to see NRS guard Grande and Weston*sp??..Popcorn and a pop could have been handing in that situation. Video-game like numbers. If DC didn't have the injury bug in the game, they would have won.
yes, To me North Star was the most talented team. Them and Wyndmere, they were both balanced teams. Especially North Star. they could run and pass the ball extremely well.
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby dyhardballa09 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:05 am

This is ridiculous how some people are not putting NRS #1. They DID NOT lose a game. North Star lost two. Wyndmere/Lidgerwood lost at least two. DC lost to them. TGU lost to DC big. I know Jacobs is a stud, and definetly played a role in them losing the game. But the title game was a coming out part for alot of those kids. Edmundson was a top 5 FOOTBALL player. Not 9-man player, because others were in front of him. But, he is a great FOOTBALL player. North Star struggled against 9-man teams that could maintain long drives and control the clock. I don't think NRS would get walked over by north Star. I think they had decent enough athletes to take away two players (talking about NS's two main targets). There would of been no was NS would of ran the ball against NRS, so they would of been completely one-dimensional. Great season Rockets! Your #1!
dyhardballa09
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:21 am

I don't see Northstar running the ball well against NRS. I also don't see Hagler getting all that much time to throw against NRS. That in itself helps negate Grande's impact on the game. Would have Northstar had some big plays, of course. But I think NRS would have ground them out and wore them down and still won in the end. At the start of the season everyone was talking Cavalier, Northstar, and WL. Well, NRS did all that they could against those teams and beat Cavalier twice when no one gave them much of a chance in either game. They proved it on the field where it matter.

1. NRS
2. DC
3. Cavalier
4. WL
5. TGU
6. Northstar
7. LLM
8. Lakota
9. Napolean
10. Central McClean
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:36 pm

dyhardballa09 wrote:This is ridiculous how some people are not putting NRS #1.

1 person ≠ some
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Jenkman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:45 pm

All i'm saying is NRS was not the most TALENTED football team there was this year.
Yup, they won the state championship..proving they played the best football at the end of the year.
Most talented teams
1. North Star
2. Wyndmere
3. NRS
4. DC
5. TGU

Best teams
1. NRS
2. North Star
2. WYdmere
4. DC
5. TGU
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby whitefire » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Jenkman wrote:All i'm saying is NRS was not the most TALENTED football team there was this year.
Yup, they won the state championship..proving they played the best football at the end of the year.
Most talented teams
1. North Star
2. Wyndmere
3. NRS
4. DC
5. TGU

Best teams
1. NRS
2. North Star
2. WYdmere
4. DC
5. TGU

how can you still say that north star is better than TGU and Divide? tgu rolled them and divide beat them too. they had two great players that just bombed it up and played catch. stop that and they lost. and how does caviler not make your list they were a final four team?
whitefire
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Jenkman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:26 pm

whitefire wrote:
Jenkman wrote:All i'm saying is NRS was not the most TALENTED football team there was this year.
Most talented teams
1. North Star
2. Wyndmere
3. NRS
4. DC
5. TGU

Best teams
1. NRS
2. North Star
2. WYdmere
4. DC
5. TGU

how can you still say that north star is better than TGU and Divide? tgu rolled them and divide beat them too. they had two great players that just bombed it up and played catch. stop that and they lost. and how does caviler not make your list they were a final four team?

Yeah true I see your point about DC and TGU being higher than North Star. I don't know, i just think North Star was a very good team. I guess a guy can has his opinion right ha? I don't know anything about the east, so that's why i don't know anything about cavalier. Sorry. I'm from up by Region 3 and part of Region 4, so I just know more about them than any other.
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby vb4life » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Having the most talent doesn't always make you the BEST team. Teamwork and dedication makes you the best! Obviously NRS proved they were #1 so anyone not putting them #1 is obviously very biased. JMHO!
vb4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Flip wrote:w/o much thought
1. NRS
2. LLM
3. DC
4. Cavalier
5. TGU

i agree mostly but id switch 3 and 4. might even put Cavalier at 2.
9manfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby birdwar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Again interesting views from people around the state. Ovviously NRS was the best team and won the state title. Interesting ratings from some people on this site. Looking at NRS and the teams that took them to the wire, it would look like LAE, Cavalier and LMM should be at the top of this list as LAE lost in Double ot and by 9 in quarters, Cavalier lost once in ot to NRS and LMM lost on a last second play and Divide played them tough in finals. Maybe should give credit where it is earned which the last time I looked, was on the field and not in the polls. 4 out of 5 east teams in this post. What a shocker!!!!!
birdwar
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:41 pm

whitefire wrote: they had two great players that just bombed it up and played catch. stop that and they lost.

Easier said than done. All Divide did was run. Stop that and they lose. You can take that view to most teams strength.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby whitefire » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Indy5 wrote:
whitefire wrote: they had two great players that just bombed it up and played catch. stop that and they lost.

Easier said than done. All Divide did was run. Stop that and they lose. You can take that view to most teams strength.

Divide could pass as well as they showed at state. They only ever ran into one team that could stop the run and make them have to throw. I was just using it as an example of why tgu and divide should be ranked higher in an end of the season poll.
whitefire
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:51 pm

whitefire wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

Divide could pass as well as they showed at state. They only ever ran into one team that could stop the run and make them have to throw. I was just using it as an example of why tgu and divide should be ranked higher in an end of the season poll.

You say they threw at state? Weird that's the game they lost. Sounds like their strength was taken away. You're right if you stop North Star's passing game they'll probably lose. What I'm saying is if you can STOP most teams strength, you'll win.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to 9 - Man