2012 Playoffs - CHAMPIONSHIP

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2012 Playoffs - CHAMPIONSHIP

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm

9-Man
Coach of the Year: Elliott Belquist (New Rockford-Sheyenne)
Senior Athlete of the Year: Luis Vasquez (Wyndmere-Lidgerwood)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby RB/LB 34 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:49 pm

Too bad DC got hit by the injury bug a little bit, but NR-S came to play today. Close game until midway through the fourth. good game and great effort by both teams.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jenkman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Wasn't impressed by either team.
NRS was so one dimmensional it wasn't even funny. There Fullback was a beast though. There QB couldn't hit a broad side of a barn.
DC looked well at times. Knudson threw the ball a lot better than I remember from the past. To bad Jacobs got hurt, sure is a great player.
Congrats NRS.
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby AC-DC » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Seriously, longest TD run from scrimage in Dakota Bowl history is umimpressive? Big shame Isaac couldn't finish the game, we wish him the best.
Good game on both sides. Final score does not reflect how close it really was.
Good Luck next year.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jenkman » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Oh no that's not what I was getting at. That run and Jacobs performance was amazing on its self. He had a heck of start to that game! Just wasn't to impressed about the game itself. Knudson played pretty well for getting hit every single play. Tough Kid. NRS DE and MLB had a field day, fun watching them
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Shawn » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:25 am

Couple things to throw in.

1.Last game of the year(in the month of November) is now played indoors on turf. Dramatically changes dynamics for all teams involved. One dimensional....go back to the days when it was still played outside...then you will see one dimensional. I would love to see the games go back outside instead of this 9am to 9 pm stuff.

2. Hate to see teams effected by cramping issues. Again, get em back outside.

3. One dimensional-it's 9 man football. 3 yards and a cloud of dust has always been the motto. Everybody knows in 9 man football, if you have a fast tailback and a bruising fullback your chances of doing well is pretty good.

Congratulations to all involved in the state experience.
Shawn
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:28 am

Jenkman wrote:Oh no that's not what I was getting at. That run and Jacobs performance was amazing on its self. He had a heck of start to that game! Just wasn't to impressed about the game itself. Knudson played pretty well for getting hit every single play. Tough Kid. NRS DE and MLB had a field day, fun watching them

You still have to give Knudson and Lystad credit for stepping up the passing game, worked great until Bennet went down with cramps.
Edmonson was a challenge and again would have been helped with Jacobs in the game.
Would have liked to see eveyone healthy, but they gave it what they had.
Great game, congrats Rockets
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Jenkman » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:17 am

Couldn't agree more. Knudson and Lystad kept DC in the game. They had a very good connection going for them yesterday. How are both teams going to be next year, anyone know?
Jenkman
NDPreps Starter

Postby 112 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:08 pm

congratulations to NRS on a well earned state title. It is too bad that DC lost Jacobs early, not making excuses but he is by far DC's best defensive player. Game was much closer than the final score indicates due to late scores by NRS because DC had to gamble deep in their own territory. It wasn't a blow out by , any means. Two evenly matched teams, doesn't matter if its east or west, just two good teams.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby birdwar » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:03 pm

New Rockford gave up two big plays in first half for two scores. that is part of the game. Other than that the running game of DC was non existant. NR ran for almost 400 yards and didn't finish a couple of long drives that would have stretched the score. late td by NR on int. does make the scoring look more lopsided than the scoring was but NR physically beat the tar out of DC and their kids could hardly get up midway through the 3rd qtr. Physical style of FB played in East was on show for all to see again today as has said on this post many times, it is too bad there is no cross over matchups as there is in AAA or AA or very probable 2 teams from East play on TV instead of one every year. DC had excellent team but road to getting to the game is like night and day and that may be one reason that East wins every year as they have to play much tougher competition each year and when they get to games they are better prepared for it. Injuries part of game and you have to get lucky to stay healthy all the way through. Hope the DC kid is okay as he took quite a hit.
birdwar
NDPreps Rookie

Postby 112 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:59 pm

Sorry, I watched a whole different game I guess.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 pm

112 wrote:Sorry, I watched a whole different game I guess.

Think I saw your game, so you are not alone.
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikingman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:16 pm

I don't remember the games previous to last year, but for 2011 and 2012 I don't think you can point to the championship games as proving the east to be dominant over the west. NS lost in 2011 by 1 touchdown, and 2012 was pretty much a toss-up until the DC injury and some late tds when DC had to take chances. I saw very little of the game, but listening to Mark Beighley on radio, he was pretty much saying that the game completely changed after the injury, as NRS kept running it right up the middle--in the hole vacated by Jacobs.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:57 pm

Saying the East is better than the West based solely on the championship is stupid. Using that logic you could say Eastern Conference>Western Conference in the NBA and NL>AL in MLB.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sleepy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:13 am

Odd to think the NRS is the champion and they were fortunate to make it out of the first round. LaMoure LM led that entire game except for the last 12 seconds when there was a long TD pass. I guess you have to give NRS credit for their physical play that can wear other teams down and good coaching.
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Chance labrie is arguably the best punter in 9man football
9manfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Congrats NRS on winning the state title. You guys made believers out of alot of us.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:54 pm

Mighty-Mouse wrote:Congrats NRS on winning the state title. You guys made believers out of alot of us.

NRS are the Champs....thats for sure.. :)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby psycho » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Now that the East won again, you see the posts that talk about the game closer than the score says or it doesn't matter if they are east or west team. Interesting that all the DC fans and people that picked DC don't talk about how NRS stuffed the Maroons except for one running play all day. How about the simple fact that the East won again and until a team from the West actually wins a game, a lot of people will believe that is where the better teams play, just like some poeple like to say how tough region 1 was until region 2 took it to them this year in the playoffs. At the end of the day, someone wins and someone loses.
psycho
NDPreps Starter

Postby footballfanforever » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 am

You're exactly right psycho. They stuffed them all day and game wasn't close, oh wait, Divide was up a TD at half. 4 pt game with a few minutes left. DC missing guys. No excuses for them and i'm not a DC fan, but it was a heck of a lot closer than score indicated. Was a battle to the end. Missing a couple top players will kill any 9 man team. Again, doesn't matter, but don't act like it was truly a complete blowout of two unevenly matched teams.
footballfanforever
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DCFan2 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:29 am

First of all Congrats to New Rockford-Sheyenne on winning 9-man championship.
Here are stats from game.
DC and NR-S were nearly
identical in the fi nal stats. The
Rockets had very small advantages
in total offense, 385
yards to 368; total plays, 82 to
81; yards per play, 4.7 to 4.5;
and time of possession, 24:45
to 23:15.
DCFan2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:22 pm

None of that matters 10 years down the road

its always the final score
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballfanforever » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:48 pm

winner, i agree. That's why they play the game. Was a good competitive game tho. No doubt for DC it'll always be what-if, and for NR-S, they are the champs and could care less about the circumstances, they won. I was just stating that it was a good battle.
footballfanforever
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kiper » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:55 pm

The east has beaten the west these past five years by an average of 24.2 points per game. If that's not domination then I am Jewish.
kiper
NDPreps Reserve

Postby psycho » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:03 pm

footballfanforever wrote:You're exactly right psycho. They stuffed them all day and game wasn't close, oh wait, Divide was up a TD at half. 4 pt game with a few minutes left. DC missing guys. No excuses for them and i'm not a DC fan, but it was a heck of a lot closer than score indicated. Was a battle to the end. Missing a couple top players will kill any 9 man team. Again, doesn't matter, but don't act like it was truly a complete blowout of two unevenly matched teams.

If it doesn't matter that DC had a couple of guys missing, why do you refer to it twice in a short post such as this. I know a few teams that had key guys missing as the end of the year came around and it is just part of the game. I didn't say it was not a competitive game, I simply said and stand by the fact that the East continues to win the game and plays a tougher schedule all the way through. DC had a very good team, but the fact is at the end of the game NR won as did Napoleon last year and the other East teams going way back with exception of a very good Mott team in 07 someone said.
psycho
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man