Friday, November 9th @ approx. Noon
R2 #1 New Rockford-Sheyenne 40 vs. R4 #1 Divide County 22

1st: New Rockford-Sheyenne (12-0)
2nd: Divide County (12-1)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2012 Playoffs - CHAMPIONSHIP

Postby Bigcfan83 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:48 pm

R2 #1 New Rockford-Sheyenne (11-0) vs. R4 #1 Divide County (12-0)
Bigcfan83
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beastineast » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:12 pm

should be a good game, but gotta go with New Rockford...they are the best in the state....
beastineast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:34 am

I picked DC back in Sept so I am sticking with them. Should be a great game. 28-24 DC
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:35 am

Could someone from NRS give us a little insight on what they do well and some of the difference makers to watch for during the big game?
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:40 pm

NRS-32
DC-30
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:51 pm

I have no feel for who is going to win this game and even the past when I had very good feeling who was going to win I've been wrong a lot lately. If I was forced to guess I'd pick NRS. I'm a lot more interested to see DC play though.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Webster101 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:09 pm

NRS baby!!!! No stopping these guys, DC has a couple good guys and an extreme amount of luck. I say this ones no contest 32-6. BEAST FROM THE EAST!!!!
Webster101
NDPreps Rookie

Postby PlayHardorGoHome » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:30 pm

As much as I would like to see a West team win, DC is too one dimensional, and they have had some homefield luck called their way. NRS to win.
PlayHardorGoHome
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 112 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:42 pm

what if for some reason Divide County wins this game. Will it be luck or the referees that won the game for them. Let's remember they have beaten North Star and TGU, both very good football teams. Good luck to both teams, just sick of all the DC negative comments.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bigcfan83 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:22 pm

112 wrote:what if for some reason Divide County wins this game. Will it be luck or the referees that won the game for them. Let's remember they have beaten North Star and TGU, both very good football teams. Good luck to both teams, just sick of all the DC negative comments.

So your saying that Cavalier and LAE wernt good teams? Because im pretty sure NRS has had there fair share of battles to make it this far and have shown what they are made of, you cant pick them because they beat two good teams because obviously NRS has too
Bigcfan83
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 pm

Bigcfan83 wrote:
112 wrote:what if for some reason Divide County wins this game. Will it be luck or the referees that won the game for them. Let's remember they have beaten North Star and TGU, both very good football teams. Good luck to both teams, just sick of all the DC negative comments.

So your saying that Cavalier and LAE wernt good teams? Because im pretty sure NRS has had there fair share of battles to make it this far and have shown what they are made of, you cant pick them because they beat two good teams because obviously NRS has too

his statement was in regards to a previous poster's comment about DC getting too lucky
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Bigcfan83 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:02 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Bigcfan83 wrote:

his statement was in regards to a previous poster's comment about DC getting too lucky

I understand but im saying NRS has done just as much and he cant compare them by that
Bigcfan83
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 112 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:01 am

what I am saying is when DC wins most people post on here that they got lucky or had help from the officials. I would just like for DC to get the same kind of respect that NRS has been getting because obviously both teams have beaten some good teams to get here. Not once did I say NRS hasn't beaten any good teams because I believe they have. Read the post again. Once again good luck to both teams.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:56 am

This is the way a championship game needs to be. 2 undefeated teams at the end of the season and no one can say they don't belong here. They each have beaten great team along the way to the road to GF.

This game is gonna be DC by 6. Best wishes to both teams and enjoy the game.
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby whitefire » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:58 am

Webster101 wrote:NRS baby!!!! No stopping these guys, DC has a couple good guys and an extreme amount of luck. I say this ones no contest 32-6. BEAST FROM THE EAST!!!!

Where's all this dc had luck talk coming from. Dc has lost once in the last two years. And they just beat the only team that did beat them. New Rockford had homefield advantage the whole way to, so are they lucky to have won their games. As far as being one dimensional they made it to a state championship. Why change what isn'nt broken ??
whitefire
NDPreps Reserve

Postby packers21 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 am

whitefire wrote:
Webster101 wrote:NRS baby!!!! No stopping these guys, DC has a couple good guys and an extreme amount of luck. I say this ones no contest 32-6. BEAST FROM THE EAST!!!!

Where's all this dc had luck talk coming from. Dc has lost once in the last two years. And they just beat the only team that did beat them. New Rockford had homefield advantage the whole way to, so are they lucky to have won their games. As far as being one dimensional they made it to a state championship. Why change what isn'nt broken ??

Its coming from sore losers, whoare looking for excuses as to why their team isn't playing on Friday. Congrats to both teams, enjoy your day!
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cheeze it » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Friday, November 9th
R2 #1 New Rockford-Sheyenne (11-0) vs. R4 #1 Divide County (12-0)
cheeze it
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:12 pm

whitefire wrote:Where's all this dc had luck talk coming from. Dc has lost once in the last two years. And they just beat the only team that did beat them. New Rockford had homefield advantage the whole way to, so are they lucky to have won their games. As far as being one dimensional they made it to a state championship. Why change what isn'nt broken ??

I don't think anyone is suggesting they change what they do. They are very good at that one dimension. It remains to be seen if they can pass if they have too. Again, they might be good enough to win without completing a pass.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sasquatch » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Bison-Vikes #1 wrote:Could someone from NRS give us a little insight on what they do well and some of the difference makers to watch for during the big game?

It was a heavy hearted game (due to a funeral before the game) If you want me to name some difference makers on this team it isn't one guy. Best defense in the state for 9-man. They have Ethan Haley at safty who broke up a huge pass play on 4th down in the back of the endzone with a huge hit. Their linebackers (Perleberg, Labrie, and Edmonson) all can be difference makers. Decent CB's. Offensive side of the ball Their O-line is solid. They have huge play makers all over you can't blitz them to much because Ethan Haley can take off and score in a split second, he can throw over you as well. Perleberg I would have to say is their best RB. Kid is quick and strong. Edmonson at FB is unreal.. Ittakes at LEAST 2 or 3 guys to bring him down, he can also catch the ball out of the backfield very well. Labrie is a good blocking TE who can make some nice catches. Gillis has had great hands this year catching some huge passes. If you were to focus on 1 player Id take a good look at Haley on O at QB and RB and on D Id be looking at their LBs (Perleberg, Labrie, and Edmonson).

Best of luck to both teams
sasquatch
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Webster101 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:36 pm

All I'm trying to say is DC just isn't a state championship team, they have little to no amount of players that are even gonna be considered for the All State teams, they don't have the ability to throw, this game is gonna be like the last time they were at state, A BLOWOUT!!!!!!
Webster101
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Bigcfan83 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:42 pm

112 wrote:what I am saying is when DC wins most people post on here that they got lucky or had help from the officials. I would just like for DC to get the same kind of respect that NRS has been getting because obviously both teams have beaten some good teams to get here. Not once did I say NRS hasn't beaten any good teams because I believe they have. Read the post again. Once again good luck to both teams.

Okay i understand im sorry
Bigcfan83
NDPreps Reserve

Postby potato.farmer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:53 pm

Webster101 wrote:All I'm trying to say is DC just isn't a state championship team, they have little to no amount of players that are even gonna be considered for the All State teams, they don't have the ability to throw, this game is gonna be like the last time they were at state, A BLOWOUT!!!!!!

Pretty bold statements. Better hope DC doesn't end up winning.
potato.farmer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby defense1st » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 pm

I highly doubt that any of the people saying that this game will be a blowout have seen DC play. The guys from out west are a different breed of player that people from the East haven't seen before. If you were at the 9-man Shrine game this year you would have seen that the West should have been blown out, but they came out with more fire and intensity in the game and made it extremely close (Nelson was a coach on that team).

I expect DC to completely surprise everyone, except for maybe the DC fans, with the intensity that they come to this game with. Their coaches will have an effective game plan in place, and the kids will be ready to play. They have too much heart to be beat by any more than one score, let alone lose.

Enough with all the gushy stuff, and get to the facts. DC is BIG! Their interior line goes (not even sure who plays) 278, 270, 245, 202, 232(TE?), 202, 192, 241. Those aren't slow big boys either, they can get moving down the line and reach backers down field.

DC's main runners are Jacobs and Knudson obviously. Both are very tough runners who are tough to bring down. Jacobs was interviewed about his 96 yd run against North Star, and he said that he just decided he wasn't going to get tackled. Well, he didn't.

I don't know the sizes on NRS lineman, but it's pretty tough to match that size. I'm sure their runners are just as tough though. You don't make it this far being soft.

I haven't seen NRS play football, but I have seen them in basketball, and yes they are quick, but they seem undersized (many of the skill positions play on the basketball team). Haley is a very small person and I think that if he gets smacked a few times as he throws he might get a bit more timid about dropping back.

I expect this to be a very good game where DC knocks NRS on their heels to start, but NRS recovers and makes it a close game. I'll take DC 32-28.
defense1st
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:20 pm

lol...if DC wins he'll never post again and no one will know who he is. If DC loses he'll come back and tell everyone "I told you so!"
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to 9 - Man