2012 Playoffs - Semifinals

The teams in 9 Man

Re: 2012 Playoffs - Semifinals

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Here's a take from a neutral football fan that has seen both teams play.
DC - Kind of like that famous Madden quote, if they need 2, they will get you 4. If they need 6, they will get you 4. Almost unstoppable when running the ball. From the time they run on to the field, are trying to set the tone. First drive was scripted, no huddle, all players watching the coaches signal in the play, hike the ball and away they go. Excellent blockers on the line of scrimmage and then down the field. Stay with their blocks extremely well. If they do not fumble or get a penalty, basically unstoppable. If they get into a situation where they have to pass the ball, they do not pass block as well as run block. Can get heat on their qb and then the running game has to try to take up the slack.
TGU - Big line with smaller, quick shifty qb and rbs. Hide behind the line and then explode. Quick to the edge. Qb is good at selling the run and then hitting a drag route or out. Linebackers and defensive backfield are smaller but fast. If big rbs of DC get into second tier, could be a problem, but TGU does tackle well.
I hope that I didn't offend anyone. Just a football fan who thinks both teams are very good.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby RoadWarrior » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Cavalier over NRS 46-30
DC over TGU 28-18
RoadWarrior
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Saturday, November 3rd
R2 #2 - Cavalier (9-1) @ R2 #1 - New Rockford-Sheyenne (10-0) - NR-S 28-26
R3 #1 - TGU (10-0) @ R4 #1 - Divide County (11-0) - DC 28-26
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby nordstde » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:41 pm

Flip wrote:For the DC fans are you at all concerned about your passing game if a team is able to slow down your rushing attack?

We are probably a little concerned about our passing game. This year, even more than most, the passing side of our offense has taken a back seat. It isn't because there is a lack of talent in passing the ball though. There just hasn't been much of a need to pass all year. It's hard for a HS QB to become a outstanding thrower when his offense doesn't require him to pass. Knudson, #3, is a more than capable passer though. He doesn't have a huge arm, but he has great touch and makes good decisions with the ball. He may have some INT's, but what QB doesn't? Bennet Lystad, #23, would be his main target on passes over 10 yards. Lystad will line up all over the field, and there is a reason for that. Coach Brown will have a pass play in his back pocket if DC is able to lull TGU a little with the run game. If Lystad were on a passing team, he would most likely have very impressive statistics.

I'm sure TGU slow down DC's rushing attack. I understand that TGU has good size up front, which they will use to their advantage. They have good coaches and are a contender almost every year. I would imagine TGU will pack the box most of the game. That may frustrate the lineman and backs a little, but they should be fine. Protecting the ball and sustaining drives will be essential for DC to win. But unless DC gets down by more than one score late in the game, they probably won't pass over 10 times.

I am patienty waiting to watch this game live. I appreciate smash mouth type football games, and that is what this will be. DC and Towner have a small history against eachother as well, which adds excitment to the game. Good luck to both teams.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby oil-rigger66 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:35 am

RoadWarrior wrote:Cavalier over NRS 46-30
DC over TGU 28-18

:oops: :twisted: :evil: 8) :D :) :( :o :shock:
oil-rigger66
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beastineast » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:19 pm

New Rockford and TGU.....
I don't think that cavalier has what it will take to get to finals and win...
Way to many mistakes.....
If you stop their run they have nothing, and you can throw on them all day...not much of a secondary...
don't know much about the west teams...
beastineast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:39 pm

AC-DC wrote:Sure there are weaknesses, but why would we air them here?

Airing them on here will not decrease your chances of winning. I guaruntee you the other team has seen enough film that they know all your weaknesses
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ns4state » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:17 am

beastineast wrote:New Rockford and TGU.....
I don't think that cavalier has what it will take to get to finals and win...
Way to many mistakes.....
If you stop their run they have nothing, and you can throw on them all day...not much of a secondary...
don't know much about the west teams...

divide county doesnt have much of a secondary and they just beat the top passing team in the state. new rockford might be able to stop cavalier a couple times but if they cant turn those stops into points it could spell trouble. the bad thing about a passing offense is you can normally strike quickly and with nine man and players playing both sides of the ball, if you run and sustain a long drive you can eat up the clock and pound the down the others team line and linebackers wearing them out for when they play offense. from what i saw thats what happened with North Star. did well against the run in the first half then got wore down. and when dc had their two long drives in the second half North Star just got tired. the 95 yard touchdown run by dc in the third should have been stopped but we got tired and instead of tackling correctly we dived and tried an ankle tackle. i think the same thing happens to new rockford. cavalier by 12
ns4state
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bigdog » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:22 am

I dare say Ilies and Vasquez would make alot of secondaries look bad. Some of Vasquez's catches were highlight reel stuff for college and pro. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the other team, especially with those two. Beast in the East, arent you the one that said Cavalier wont be able to run the ball. Close to 500 yards later, I think you ate those words. NRS is a very physical team and dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides the first time they played, but right now the Tornadoes look like they are on a roll and are playing their best ball. I don't see a clear cut favorite in either game. If NRS controls the line of scrimmage again, they will win. As a fan, I would love an OT 48-42 game but I am sure the defenses have made alot of improvements and adjustments. Turnovers and penalties will play a huge role in determining the outcome again. I personally think there is more pressure on NRS being undefeated and at home. It is tough to beat a good team 2X when you are pretty evenly matched. Look for an unsung player to be the hero.
bigdog
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsking » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 am

bigdog wrote:I dare say Ilies and Vasquez would make alot of secondaries look bad. Some of Vasquez's catches were highlight reel stuff for college and pro. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the other team, especially with those two. Beast in the East, arent you the one that said Cavalier wont be able to run the ball. Close to 500 yards later, I think you ate those words. NRS is a very physical team and dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides the first time they played, but right now the Tornadoes look like they are on a roll and are playing their best ball. I don't see a clear cut favorite in either game. If NRS controls the line of scrimmage again, they will win. As a fan, I would love an OT 48-42 game but I am sure the defenses have made alot of improvements and adjustments. Turnovers and penalties will play a huge role in determining the outcome again. I personally think there is more pressure on NRS being undefeated and at home. It is tough to beat a good team 2X when you are pretty evenly matched. Look for an unsung player to be the hero.

Very well spoken! I was at the game, I said it last year, I will say it again, those two are very talented and skilled players! @ of the best, if not the best in the state! "Bigdog" You are very much correct, they did make lots of secondaries look bad, and on saturday they were both covered with some pretty good coverage. That is how good they are. Cavalier is playing football way better than the last meeting with NRS. 3 TD'S called back in the 1st game to something like bad blocks, that were not there, and are shown everyday on the tv channel in town, is fuel for the fire, but to play a team that beat you during the season, at their house, is something that every underdog loves! NRS has not played a game like the one with Cavalier since. They stepped up for that one, but I really believe they don't have what it takes come this saturday! Good Luck to both! Hope its a great day for a Tornadoe win!
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby birdwar » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:07 am

Reading this post, you mention that NRS hasn't played a game like this one against Cavalier since they played them. Are you saying that Lamoure who had a lead on NRS with less than a minute to go and LAE with the score 14-7 with less than three minutes to go doesn't count. These teams in your opinion then aren't the quality teams like Cavalier is? Reading through these posts, you see time and time again how the refs cost teams games. How about the fact the other other just won the game and give them credit for it as I am sure Wyndmere, LAE and Lamore did when they got beat. There are a lot of excellent teams in the East and I would make a case that any of these teams mentioned here would win the state against any West team but they can't because someone beat them fair and square. I look for a great game on Saturday pitting two very good teams with NRS getting over the top just because they have had to win two very tough games the last two weeks. Enough whining by all these posts about refs and just congratulate the team that finds a way to win.
birdwar
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sportsking » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:58 am

birdwar wrote:Reading this post, you mention that NRS hasn't played a game like this one against Cavalier since they played them. Are you saying that Lamoure who had a lead on NRS with less than a minute to go and LAE with the score 14-7 with less than three minutes to go doesn't count. These teams in your opinion then aren't the quality teams like Cavalier is? Reading through these posts, you see time and time again how the refs cost teams games. How about the fact the other other just won the game and give them credit for it as I am sure Wyndmere, LAE and Lamore did when they got beat. There are a lot of excellent teams in the East and I would make a case that any of these teams mentioned here would win the state against any West team but they can't because someone beat them fair and square. I look for a great game on Saturday pitting two very good teams with NRS getting over the top just because they have had to win two very tough games the last two weeks. Enough whining by all these posts about refs and just congratulate the team that finds a way to win.

No I am not stating that LaMoure, wasn't a tough match up, cause in my posts earlier I stated that LaMoure was the best 4 seed that I knew of and picked them to win over NRS. What I am saying is, Cavalier lost the game in NEWRockford, 3 TD's called back. In talking with people who have actually watch NRS play, they say that NRS is not playing as good as they were then. I also gave lots of credit to W/L as they played a good hard nose football game last week. Probable the 2 best athletes in the state in Vasques, and Illies. It will be a great game on saturday, and thats what its supposed to be this time of the year.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby winner-within » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Cavalier had a 35 yrd run for a TD called back in W-L because of a block in the back also with something Like 90 yards in penalties....cant have that anymore.

this is how I see it, there's 4 teams left, soon to be 1 Champion.....the team that cleans it up the most, wins the Show....its simply discipline from hear on out
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsking » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:26 pm

winner-within wrote:Cavalier had a 35 yrd run for a TD called back in W-L because of a block in the back also with something Like 90 yards in penalties....cant have that anymore.

this is how I see it, there's 4 teams left, soon to be 1 Champion.....the team that cleans it up the most, wins the Show....its simply discipline from hear on out

I agree! Disipline is key! Don't beat yourself, its the end of the season, those types of penalties should have been cleaned up already. Turnovers, penalties, were key in the 1st game with NRS. They will be key again this weekend.
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:21 pm

winner-within wrote:Cavalier had a 35 yrd run for a TD called back in W-L because of a block in the back also with something Like 90 yards in penalties....cant have that anymore.

I think Cavalier is good enough to win it with some penalties and turnovers.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby kiper » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:02 am

At the last game it didn't look like cavalier wanted it. Now that playoffs start they will show their true potential and win by twenty. I got TGU out west
kiper
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SCCconferenceinsider » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:35 am

Nobody can match up with Cavalier. They just are too physical and fast. I pick them to take it all. Unless you can score more than 50 points, you WILL NOT BEAT THEM. Manage the ball, and you have a chance.
SCCconferenceinsider
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4thegame » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:02 pm

this is all going to come down to special teams. i'm thinking the fields will be pretty slick and the ball wont be much better.
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Divide County 8
TGU 0
1st Q
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:20 pm

New Rockford-Sheyenne 8
Cavalier 0
late in 1st Q
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Divide County 8
TGU 8
Halftime
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:36 pm

New Rockford-Sheyenne 8
Cavalier 0
2nd Q

NR-S driving
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby beastineast » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:42 pm

cavalier down 8 to 0... and beating themselves with penalties.....
they cannot win this way....and so far New Rockford is the better team...
beastineast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beastineast » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:47 pm

wow cavalier down 14 to 0...not much of a challange....cavalier should not even be there....
beastineast
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MNTwinsFan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:53 pm

beastineast wrote:wow cavalier down 14 to 0...not much of a challange....cavalier should not even be there....

Every team that is left deserves to be there...that was a childish comment. Best of luck to the four teams remaining in all divisions.
MNTwinsFan
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man