9 man realignment

The teams in 9 Man

Postby js2125 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:21 am

Does anyone know of any changes to the 9 man regions? I have heard that in the 2007-2008 year, more teams will be dropping back down to 9-man. Also have heard that there will be some changes to the playoff format for next year. Also, what do you think about the Maple Valley-Enderlin Co-op. The both are big enough for their own team, why do they need to get together?
js2125

Postby ndfan » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:51 pm

I think the state should go back to class A, B, and 9 man and get rid of AA. Just redo the whole alignment of the state. Send some of the AA teams to class A (TMCHS, Valley City, Oak Grove) those schools have the same or more then the Devils Lakes and Shanleys enrollment wise. Send the rest to class B, any in the Division A right now that have real low enrollment can go to 9-man. It would have to be thought out more on what would happen, probably will never happen but i think it would be better. Any opinions on it?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Irisheyes » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:39 am

I feel there is always going to be the enrollment issues from now on.  It seems no matter what you do someone is going to gain and some schools are going to lose out on the numbers crunch.  I think a lot of schools will be joining before much longer.  Any other coops that anyone has heard of? 
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CLASSB2001 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:26 am

Here is a new one that is has basically been approved by these schools--

Drayton-St.Thomas-Valley-Adams-Edmore-Edinburg.

Rolls off the tongue.  I think they will start in 2007.
CLASSB2001
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scruffy » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:16 pm

Looking ahead five to seven yeas from now, I doubt there will be more then five or six eleven man teams left in Southwest North Dakota.  Over the next decade the landscape of high school sports in North Dakota will change faster then it has over the past ten years.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Return to 9 - Man