the Unbeaten teams are?

The teams in 9 Man

Re: the Unbeaten teams are?

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:57 am

If it's readalbe I don't really care but isn't this suppose to be about the undefeated teams in 9-man football and not 6th Grade English? Off subject a little are we?
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eastwood99 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:34 am

Point taken....Berthold was a good football team,I was just upset about the show boating. But I would probably do the same thing if I made 7 touchdowns.I was acting childish(and yes, i was trashtalking a little), :oops:
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:25 pm

Anyway. Of the remaining undefeated teams who do you think has the best chance to end the season with that perfect record?
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby greatest » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:57 pm

nc wrote:Anyway. Of the remaining undefeated teams who do you think has the best chance to end the season with that perfect record?

Williams County because they play a couple of glorified JV teams the next 3 games over in Region 5. And they are pre dang good too.
The One and The Only, Quite Simply The GREATEST.
greatest
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:59 pm

nc wrote:Anyway. Of the remaining undefeated teams who do you think has the best chance to end the season with that perfect record?

Out of Napolean, Dakota Prairie, St. John, Williams County, and Central McLean, I would say Williams County. I believe they have played a very tough schedule so far, tougher than anyone else. The least likely out of that group - I'd say Dakota Prairie. They are winning, I'll give them that, but they aren't dominating some pretty average teams like you would expect a really tough team to do. Now I'm saying this without looking at the rest of the schedules of these teams, so I could way off by the time the season is over.

Now, who has the best chance to go all the way to the championship? I'm not so sure we're going to have an undefeated champion this year. There have been some upsets that could be reversed in the playoffs. It's going to be fun!
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby appleman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:36 pm

Hinsa wrote:

Out of Napolean, Dakota Prairie, St. John, Williams County, and Central McLean, I would say Williams County. I believe they have played a very tough schedule so far, tougher than anyone else. The least likely out of that group - I'd say Dakota Prairie. They are winning, I'll give them that, but they aren't dominating some pretty average teams like you would expect a really tough team to do. Now I'm saying this without looking at the rest of the schedules of these teams, so I could way off by the time the season is over.

Now, who has the best chance to go all the way to the championship? I'm not so sure we're going to have an undefeated champion this year. There have been some upsets that could be reversed in the playoffs. It's going to be fun!

i would say st. john's also has a good chance to finish the regular season with a perfect record. they have already played the toughest region opponent in Wells County..but i would also say Williams County will finish perfect too...just my thought
appleman
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:52 am

appleman wrote:
Hinsa wrote:

i would say st. john's also has a good chance to finish the regular season with a perfect record. they have already played the toughest region opponent in Wells County..but i would also say Williams County will finish perfect too...just my thought

I would agree - both Williams and St. John have pretty cake schedules the rest of the way - compared to their level - they should be cake games.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby AC-DC » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:13 am

I thought the grammar debate was interesting, but I'm sick like that.

No real challenge for Williams until play-offs.

Who does Central McLean have that will put up a fight? Hettinger?

If I've worked the play-off brackets out correctly, WC and CM should meet in the 3rd round. St John should meet DC in round 2.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:40 am

St John will easily finish the season undefeated. They will go deep in the playoffs this year, too. I've seen them play a couple times and they are very impressive. They will beat DC in round 2 and I predict they make it to the semis depending on how the brackets are set up.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby football45 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:16 am

Im Region 1-3 biased here, but whoever comes out of the top half of the bracket, or those 3 regions, wins it all. St. John, good story, good team.........wont compete with Napolean, Hillsboro or others
football45
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:04 am

AC-DC wrote:I thought the grammar debate was interesting, but I'm sick like that.

No real challenge for Williams until play-offs.

Who does Central McLean have that will put up a fight? Hettinger?

If I've worked the play-off brackets out correctly, WC and CM should meet in the 3rd round. St John should meet DC in round 2.

I believe Central McLean's fight will occur during the playoffs. Hettinger beat Shiloh only by 6 points (and Shiloh has one win) so Hettinger will not be much of a challenge to Central McLean.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby justplayalready » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:17 am

St John is on a whole different level in Region 4...that being said they could run into a problem in the playoffs as they have not been tested or had to come back on anyone & may not know how to react and recover.

A great defensive team that can handle option assignments and has corners that can tackle will give them problems
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:21 pm

football45 wrote:Im Region 1-3 biased here, but whoever comes out of the top half of the bracket, or those 3 regions, wins it all. St. John, good story, good team.........wont compete with Napolean, Hillsboro or others

A year like last year makes it a good story....now the program is built up and the expect to be at the top each year. I'm not saying they're going to win it all, but they will surprise a lot of people in the playoffs. Yes, Region 4 is not as competitive as other regions so they haven't been tested but do you remember last year when this same thing was being said before they played Berthold from the almighty Region 5? After a 53-6 smackdown people took notice. They also played MR pretty tough for 3 qtrs as well.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:07 pm

Very true - I was one of those that thought Berthold was going to hand it to St. John last year - but it turned out the other way around. I will still however be surprised if they make it far - for the simple fact that they might just get worn out. They haven't had to play a full game all year - starters been sitting at half-time every game. They have had NO competition at all. Not even a 20 pt game. Most of the other region contenders have had at least one or two full games. That will be St. John's biggest hurdle.
I do agree that they have loads of talent - they just have the misfortune of being in a really poor region.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby chevyman11 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:39 pm

BB11 wrote:Very true - I was one of those that thought Berthold was going to hand it to St. John last year - but it turned out the other way around. I will still however be surprised if they make it far - for the simple fact that they might just get worn out. They haven't had to play a full game all year - starters been sitting at half-time every game. They have had NO competition at all. Not even a 20 pt game. Most of the other region contenders have had at least one or two full games. That will be St. John's biggest hurdle.
I do agree that they have loads of talent - they just have the misfortune of being in a really poor region.

Same thing went for M/R last year with the starters playing only up till halftime but look how M/R took state. Come playoff time anythings possible.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eastwood99 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:36 pm

and i'm not a clown gridiron guru...dude
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizzfan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:03 pm

most of the good teams in the state (not all of them) only play 2 or 3 full games the entire regular season ... thats just the way it is ... there are the playoff teams and then there are the "glorified jv teams" (i like that one) in most (not every) regions

its not always a bad thing either ... it helps keep the starters on good teams healthy for the playoffs plus it gives the younger kids on the good teams varsity experience (part of the reason why you see the same teams at the top year after year)
grizzfan

Postby muballer2010 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:34 am

greatest wrote:
Steve Perry wrote:if i were michael white i would have said more that "Yeehaw" after running all over a legit team like Divide County. After seven touchdowns you should get to say whatever you want!

Getting fired up after 7 touchdown is one thing .. but rubbing it in high schoolers faces is another. Show some sportsmanship and some class how bout.

I know this post was a while ago and you guys are done talking about this but i couldnt help but wonder if any of you guys actually played football. I do not mean to smack talk or anything but maybe things are different here in North Dakota. I was a three year all-conference starter for a state championship team in Wisconsin and now my brother plays for WC. There was never a game that I played when players were not talking back in forth to each other. As much as you do not want it to be apart of the game it is. If someone's feelings get hurt by someone "yeehawing" his way to a touchdown than you should wonder why that kid is playing in the first place. From the sounds of it DC is a perennial powerhouse and whenever I use to play those type of teams in wisconsin emotions were always running high. Trust me when you are in the trenches worse things are being said. Also, you mention that he is rubbing it in a high schoolers face, are you forgeting that we are talking about a high schooler in the first place. Take a walk in the high school hallways and you will find plenty worse things to complain about.

I do not think we need to chastice this kid for enjoying a victory and a good performance. It would be one thing if he was taunting him but from the sounds of it, it was good clean high school fun.
GO PACKERS, Brewers AND BUCKS!!!!
muballer2010
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:59 am

It's a little different in small town North Dakota than probably what you are used to in Wisconsin. We have a lot more familiarity between schools, teams, athletes, and everything else. Like the old saying "familiarity breeds contempt". Acting like that in a small town contest can easily be viewed as being cocky or arrogant. That's not saying it doesn't happen, in the heat of battle, words are always exchanged. Since it's not as prevalent here, refs tend to notice more and hence coaches tend to enforce a "keep your mouth shut" policy.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfbfan70 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:53 am

If your talking alot you are not working hard enough. If you working your but off who has enough energy to talk?
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Postby muballer2010 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:00 pm

NDSportsFan wrote:It's a little different in small town North Dakota than probably what you are used to in Wisconsin. We have a lot more familiarity between schools, teams, athletes, and everything else. Like the old saying "familiarity breeds contempt". Acting like that in a small town contest can easily be viewed as being cocky or arrogant. That's not saying it doesn't happen, in the heat of battle, words are always exchanged. Since it's not as prevalent here, refs tend to notice more and hence coaches tend to enforce a "keep your mouth shut" policy.

I realize that your towns are a little smaller and maybe you are close with your schools, but we were familiar with the schools we were playin because we saw them all the time in different sports, camps and everything else we did. We played schools that were really close so consequently we would hang out with them sometimes on the weekend. The furthest school away from us was an hour and a half away. Otherwise the other schools were less then 45 min and as close as 5 min away. This would help fuel our games no matter what we were playing. As heated as they would get we would all be able to get over it after the game.

I am really interested in seeing a game for myself to experiance this different type of football, hopefully i can make it to one of my brothers last game. Anyways, i am sorry that this had nothing to do with the topic.
GO PACKERS, Brewers AND BUCKS!!!!
muballer2010
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:56 pm

It's okay, it's always great to get another perspective from someone not familiar with North Dakota HS athletics. It really boils down to the fact trash talking is not as popular here, and if you do it everyone will have an opinion, from the guy who takes your money at the gas station to the minister at your church. They probably were all there and heard from someone else what you were saying. Small town identities, like Williams County, revolve around high school athletics.

I'm not saying that thing like "Yeehaw" dont' happen, they happen all the time. Just under the context of scoring 7 td's it was probably seen by some as being excessive. Good luck to your brother.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:46 pm

With Sargent Central and Strasberg to close out their regular season schedule, I like Napolean's chances to remain unbeaten.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to 9 - Man