Postby razorback » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:33 pm

Ron Mexico123 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
blue steel wrote:
Ron Mexico123 wrote:
utilityman51 wrote:i would have to say the thompson defensive line

they have bryan syrstad and marcus bergstrom at the ends

walker martin and connor heidrich playing the nose

plus they have linebackers that hit and hit hard in jake cooley and zach waxvik and two of the fastest cornerbacks in the region in garret reineke and mavrik peterson

Probably the three best players in that region. Hands down. No question's asked. period.

Amen.

Sarcasm?  Maybe Bergstrom is in the top 8.  I can think of 25 players better then the rest.

25 players better than speedy mavrik peterson? name them i dare you.

please god i hope your joking... lol
razorback
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:46 pm

razorback wrote:
Ron Mexico123 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
blue steel wrote:
Ron Mexico123 wrote:

plus they have linebackers that hit and hit hard in jake cooley and zach waxvik and two of the fastest cornerbacks in the region in garret reineke and mavrik peterson

Probably the three best players in that region. Hands down. No question's asked. period.

Amen.

Sarcasm?  Maybe Bergstrom is in the top 8.  I can think of 25 players better then the rest.

please god i hope your joking... lol

No kidding.... I mean he is one of the better players on Thompsons team... But come on.....
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby north border » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:48 pm

Ron Mexico123 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
blue steel wrote:
Ron Mexico123 wrote:

Amen.

mitchell brodel, seth nichols, ross severson, tyler luerigh, tyson taylor, tanner carpenter, lance johanneson, chris hoerth, olderbak, tyler laferty, blake setness, jake cooley, tanner anderson, just to name a few, you must be from thompson to make such a stupid comment theres at least 30 kids that i would wnat on my team before peterson just in region 3
when man stands on toilet he is high on pot
north border
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ron Mexico123 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:50 pm

north border wrote:
Ron Mexico123 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
blue steel wrote:
Ron Mexico123 wrote:

Amen.

mitchell brodel, seth nichols, ross severson, tyler luerigh, tyson taylor, tanner carpenter, lance johanneson, chris hoerth, olderbak, tyler laferty, blake setness, jake cooley, tanner anderson, just to name a few, you must be from thompson to make such a stupid comment theres at least 30 kids that i would wnat on my team before peterson just in region 3

That's only thirteen.
Ron Mexico123

Postby the mask » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:52 pm

Ron Mexico123 wrote:
north border wrote:
Ron Mexico123 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
blue steel wrote:
Ron Mexico123 wrote:

Amen.

That's only thirteen.
your a smart man you know that and mavric peterson isn't that good he may be a team leader but he isn't no region leader in anything and hes not as fast as your saying i have ran against him in track and i have beat him so don't go saying he faster tahn everyone
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:52 pm

north border wrote:
Ron Mexico123 wrote:
pakkyzoo wrote:
blue steel wrote:
Ron Mexico123 wrote:

Amen.

Thank you North Border Thank you
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby homer » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:15 pm

this is why i wish all the schools would post stats dont get me wrong i love the website and the blogs and the opinions and every thing are great but a little more research and knowledge is very helpful not just a nonsense bragging spot for someone to make a fool of themselves 
homer

Postby rep » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:20 pm

homer wrote:this is why i wish all the schools would post stats dont get me wrong i love the website and the blogs and the opinions and every thing are great but a little more research and knowledge is very helpful not just a nonsense bragging spot for someone to make a fool of themselves 

even that wouldn't help...trust me...stats are pretty fluid when half of the stats out there aren't exactly...knowledgeable of the game they are covering.
rep

Postby homer » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:25 pm

but they are the same stats that the coaches use for region and conf. and all state voting but i get your point
homer

Postby tommykramer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:01 am

plantefan wrote:
Besette's stats look crazy and he's obviously an all-stater but what sort of numbers have other teams been putting up on richland's D?  Obviously its not a one man show I'm just curious.

One more question, how can you run away from a middle linebacker or are they using a 3-4 this year?

Richland's defense is good, not great, but better than most.  Bessette just moved to Middle Linebacker the last game or two.
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby utilityman51 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:39 am

so instead of talking about speed its defensive

heres a defensive lineup of the top people in region1 and 3(correct me if im wrong)

Safety- ??? any ideas smith from north border i know he read the ball well

cornerbacks- mavrik peterson and jake cooley and ??????

linebackers- anderson from drayton st thomas, severson from dakota prairie, carpenter from north border,  grothman from hillsboro, cooley or waxvik from thompson,  the novak kids from lakota

D linemen

ends- syrstad and bergstrom from thompson, olsen from hillsboro(i think he plays end),

tackles/ nosegaurds- heidrich from thompson the noseguard from north border

feel free to add to this list
utilityman51

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:44 am

Ostroms a pretty good end....but played some really good corner against Mauch this year.

Eric Parkman's a really good safety, he doesnt have a whole lot of size...but he reads the qb really well.

Besette from richland should be on there for linebacker

i think you meant region 2 instead of 1? not sure

BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby utilityman51 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:48 am

ya region 1

then besset is added to the list at linebacker
utilityman51

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:14 am

utilityman51 wrote:so instead of talking about speed its defensive

heres a defensive lineup of the top people in region1 and 3(correct me if im wrong)

Safety- ??? any ideas smith from north border i know he read the ball well

cornerbacks- mavrik peterson and jake cooley and ??????

linebackers- anderson from drayton st thomas, severson from dakota prairie, carpenter from north border,  grothman from hillsboro, cooley or waxvik from thompson,  the novak kids from lakota

D linemen

ends- syrstad and bergstrom from thompson, olsen from hillsboro(i think he plays end),

tackles/ nosegaurds- heidrich from thompson the noseguard from north border

feel free to add to this list

Mitchell Brodell #24 for Dakota Prairie, not your typical middle linebacker, but the kid knows how to hit. 5'9" 150. I don't know the tackling stats for Region 3, but I garuntee hes at the top.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby fb_fan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:41 am

They seemed to run away from him when he was an outside backer. Now that he is in the middle, teams can't run away from him I guess. He plays a good linebacker. Teams seem to score on Richland, but they don't give up huge yards. I think Hillsboro is the only team that really took advantage of their defense. Richland has had trouble scoring more than stopping people from scoring.
fb_fan

Postby razorback » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:09 am

i agree mitch brodell is the heart of that defense... small in stature but can put a lick on you
razorback
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north border » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:45 am

razorback wrote:i agree mitch brodell is the heart of that defense... small in stature but can put a lick on you

i would have to agree...after watching him play lakota i realized what talent he has on the defensive side of the ball
when man stands on toilet he is high on pot
north border
NDPreps Reserve

Postby plantefan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:29 pm

fb_fan wrote:They seemed to run away from him when he was an outside backer. Now that he is in the middle, teams can't run away from him I guess. He plays a good linebacker. Teams seem to score on Richland, but they don't give up huge yards. I think Hillsboro is the only team that really took advantage of their defense. Richland has had trouble scoring more than stopping people from scoring.

I agree that he's a very good linebacker and that I didn't credit him enough in my first post, but I just don't see him as the best defensive player in 9 man.  His great stats and career definitely put him in the discussion, but from playing against him as well as  the other top players mentioned (with the exception of Gion, only seen on film but have heard great things from opposing players) I just don't think he's on that very top tier.
plantefan

Postby utilityman51 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:50 pm

so if you are going to classify a best defensive player you have to put them into categories such as linebackers linemen and dbacks/safteys?

so for linebackers its between grothman, anderson from Dst v, brodell, carpenter and who else

for linemen as ive written before its syrstad bergstrom ostrom and who else?

for d backs you have , severson and who else?
Last edited by utilityman51 on Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
utilityman51

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:55 pm

utilityman51 wrote:so if you are going to classify a best defensive player you have to put them into categories such as linebackers linemen and dbacks/safteys?

so for linebackers its between grothman, severson, brodell, carpenter and who else

for linemen as ive written before its syrstad bergstrom ostrom olson and who else?

for d backs you have eric parkman, mavrik peterson, garret reinieke and who else?

Ross Severson from Dakota Prairie is a Defensive Back not a linebacker, he should be in consideration for D Back.  I wouldn't classify Mavrik Peterson and Garrett Reineke as top D backs in the state thats for sure.  I mean there quality players, but I don't know about top.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby utilityman51 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:55 pm

better?
utilityman51

Postby pakkyzoo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:12 pm

utilityman51 wrote:better?

Thanks
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby tommykramer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:21 pm

You can take Parkman off of that list too.  He's a good player but there are others that are much better.  He is probably one of the better kick/punt returners in the state though. 
tommykramer
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:34 pm

ya he's a good kick/punt returner...i just know he has probably 7 ish picks he reads the qb really well
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby utilityman51 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:33 pm

utilityman51 wrote:so if you are going to classify a best defensive player you have to put them into categories such as linebackers linemen and dbacks/safteys?

so for linebackers its between grothman, anderson from Dst v, brodell, carpenter and who else

for linemen as ive written before its syrstad bergstrom ostrom and who else?

for d backs you have , severson and who else?

so we have severson alone for dbacks

lineman- who gets this one?

linebackers id put it between carpenter and brodell
utilityman51

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man