The teams in 9 Man

Re: Region 2 '08

Postby football45 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:36 pm

Call it a bold prediction or wishful thinking......Hankinson beats Wyndmere
football45
NDPreps Starter

Postby HometownHigh » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:09 pm

Hillsboro leads 52-0 before the half. Any other scores?

** New score 66-22, 7 minutes remaining.

Good night!
Last edited by HometownHigh on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:23 pm

FSHP-8 Richland-7 3:50 left in the 3rd quarter
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:04 pm

scc wrote:FSHP wins as time runs out! They win 16-15, as they went for 2.

wow, upset of the year maybe. Great Game for FSHP, Sounded like Zak Bergstrom played a heck of a game. Congrats
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:38 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:

wow, upset of the year maybe. Great Game for FSHP, Sounded like Zak Bergstrom played a heck of a game. Congrats

Alright, somebody dish on what happened here. Did Ihry get lots of yards? How did FSHP hold down Richland? Who scored the TDs?
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:40 pm

Was anybody at the W-L - Hankinson game? What happened there? I see the Warriors won, how did the game go?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby homer » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:16 am

Hinsa wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

Alright, somebody dish on what happened here. Did Ihry get lots of yards? How did FSHP hold down Richland? Who scored the TDs?

richland is pretty banged up.they lost johnson 1 half and acouple more are dinged up according to the radio
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby dogg » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:02 am

FSHP had an all-round good game. There was no one stand out tonight. The win was definately a team effort. And that's what they need to continue to do for the rest of the season.
dogg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SUBison » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:29 am

Hankinson made alot of mistakes in their game friday and W-L took advantage of almost every one of them. They let Wieber get loose on 4th and long to get a first and later scored. They had many dropped passes. Althoff fumbled right after Brandenburger intercepted to get the ball back. I think it all really came back to Strenge being a better coach and got his team fired up yet again in this game.
SUBison

Postby E@stern Executioner » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:58 am

SUBison wrote:Hankinson made alot of mistakes.

SUBison wrote:They let Wieber get loose on 4th and long to get a first and later scored

SUBison wrote:They had many dropped passes

SUBison wrote:Althoff fumbled

SUBison wrote:I think it all really came back to Strenge being a better coach.

I'm not trying to turn this into a conversation about the better coach but...what, really, do these instances have to do with each other? Were the Hankinson coaches supposed to make the tackles, catch the passes or hold on to the ball? I would be willing to bet that they've work on those things over the last two months in practice. If they can't perform them in a game, does that equate to poor coaching? Or...does the outcome of the game determine the better coaching staff? If that's the case, how would you compare them to Coach Rerick and the Burro staff? Remember 40-0?
Don't lose your dinosaur.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:18 pm

4 way tie at the top. FSHP, Hankinson, WL and Hillsboro all 3-1. Richland a game back. Northern Cass is not out of the playoff picture either with games vs Hankinson and FSHP left.

Wow, what a mess. Pretty darn balanced region. As far as the region title goes:

Hillsboro controls their own destiny - they win out and they own all potential tiebreakers.
Hankinson owns a tiebreaker against FSHP.
WL owns a tiebreaker against Hankinson.
FSHP could get tiebreakers against Hillsboro and WL if they can win those games.

Big games Friday:
FSHP at Hillsboro - in essence a region title elimination game, winner stays in the hunt, loser is probably out. Scary game for Hillsboro - FSHP is improving and if they can keep it close into the second half, you could see another Richland situation play out because Hillsboro's starters haven't played a full game since Richland.
Northern Cass at Hankinson - Jags need a win to get back in playoff picture. But I think Hankinson will be jacked up after losing the rivalry game to WL last week.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby booyah » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:08 pm

[quote="Hinsa"]
Big games Friday:
FSHP at Hillsboro - in essence a region title elimination game, winner stays in the hunt, loser is probably out. Scary game for Hillsboro - FSHP is improving and if they can keep it close into the second half, you could see another Richland situation play out because Hillsboro's starters haven't played a full game since Richland.
quote]

As much as I'd like to see FSHP beat Hillsboro....i just dont see it happening.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikes705 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:22 am

i heard grothman isn't playing....something about the game last friday in BCN. whats going on here?
vikes705

Postby Ocho Siete » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:06 am

vikes705 wrote:i heard grothman isn't playing....something about the game last friday in BCN. whats going on here?

Not injury related...from what I heard, emotions got high between the two teams, and he was ejected from that game and the next.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:16 pm

if that is true about grothmann, then FSHP has a better chance of winning, obviously, but i still dont see them winning.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby homer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:37 pm

which grothman isnt playing
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby trench100 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:38 pm

Yeah andrew grothmann is out of the FSHP game. He threw a kid down that was getting up after the play and all that kid did was block him. He actually threw the kids head into the ground so he had the ejection from this game coming after that. A VCSU scout was there at the game and left after he got ejected...i bet he wasn't that impressed.
trench100
NDPreps Reserve

Postby justbrowsing » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:21 am

trench100 wrote: He actually threw the kids head into the ground .

Really? I saw the film from the game and it looks like Grothman pushed the kid off him. That's it. There aren't many refs in the state that would throw a player out for what Grothman did. You're probably from Barnes and want to protect your team, but maybe it would be better to state facts instead of slandering a kid from another town. Grothman has to miss another game for pushing a kid, that should be enough punishment without you trying to run him over on a message board.

I'm also willing to bet that that incident had nothing to do with the VCSU scout leaving the game. If NDSU and UND want Grothman, Valley City probably does also.
justbrowsing

Postby E@stern Executioner » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:21 am

trench100 wrote:Yeah andrew grothmann is out of the FSHP game. He threw a kid down that was getting up after the play and all that kid did was block him. He actually threw the kids head into the ground so he had the ejection from this game coming after that. A VCSU scout was there at the game and left after he got ejected...i bet he wasn't that impressed.

Ridiculous. Period.

Nobody really brought this play up over the last week because they were fully aware of the controversy it would bring up. This was one of the WORST calls I've seen in my lifetime of watching high school sports. There was absolutely no reason for the kid to be thrown out of the game and it would not have happened if not for an over-zealous assistant-coach screaming in the ear of a rookie ref. Andrew Grothmann pushed a kid of him that refused to quit after the play was dead. That's it. Unnecessary roughness? Maybe. Ejection? No freaking way.

How about this? Think before you type. It's a novel idea that a few around here have caught on to.
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trench100 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:15 am

Jezz you say one bad thing about grothmann and everybody gets defensive. I am just telling you what i saw at the game. I didn't get to see the play when it happend but i was talking to people and i talked to the kid that got pushed so i was just saying what i heard and saw. I know that he got pushed after the play so idk...did the tape you watch go that long or was it just the push because he pushed the kid twice. Grothmann is a great player maby the best in state. They were playing BCN so they new they had a really good chance of winning with there caliaber of players so idk why he would get so mad on the play.
trench100
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:44 am

trench100 wrote:Jezz you say one bad thing about grothmann and everybody gets defensive. I am just telling you what i saw at the game. I didn't get to see the play when it happend but i was talking to people and i talked to the kid that got pushed so i was just saying what i heard and saw. I know that he got pushed after the play so idk...did the tape you watch go that long or was it just the push because he pushed the kid twice. Grothmann is a great player maby the best in state. They were playing BCN so they new they had a really good chance of winning with there caliaber of players so idk why he would get so mad on the play.

He is a gamer....he's going to go as hard as he can all the time. Great player
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:08 pm

I dont' think VCSU would pull back any scholarship money over the deal either.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:55 pm

Andrew Grothmann is a really good kid. For him to react at all something must have been going on.

From what I was told, the BCN player was blocking Grothmann at the knees after the play was over. If you are a competitor, a great athlete, and someone is threatening your knees after the play was over, wouldn't you react just a bit too?

I am not excusing his reaction. No way. But I am explaining it as a normal reaction of a competitor. I don't think it warranted ejection.

This was just one of several strange events during this game. I'd like to say more but this is not the place. My tongue is bleeding because I'm biting it so hard.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby E@stern Executioner » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:53 pm

Apparently, stating facts is outlawed around? :wink:

BS in BCN
E@stern Executioner
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Cougar14 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:24 pm

E@stern Executioner wrote:Apparently, stating facts is outlawed around? :wink:

BS in BCN

What facts? I was there. Were you? It was not a push. It was a punch. Yes a punch.
The Hillsburo coaches watched the tape in the Wimbledon School lunchroom after the game. Ask them to see it. You will get your facts.
Cougar14

PreviousNext

Return to 9 - Man