Playoffs!

The teams in 9 Man

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:41 pm

Okay Pablo, Its the championship game, no butterflys right? Wrong. You'll have to be up by at LEAST 6am. So when do you get to go to bed? Those guys playing in the biggest game of their lives are not going to be sleeping like little babys. Heck, I get jacked up for hunting season and can't fall asleep and get 2 hours of sleep if I'm lucky. BAD move.
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:22 am

I agree with Pablo if you can't get up for the state championship game then you got some problems. My brother played in a couple state championships and it didn't matter if they played in 120 or -30 degree weather, didn't matter if they played it at 4 oclock in the afternoon or 4 in the morning. They would make sure they were mentally and physically prepared to do whatever would get the job done.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:24 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Okay Pablo, Its the championship game, no butterflys right? Wrong. You'll have to be up by at LEAST 6am. So when do you get to go to bed? Those guys playing in the biggest game of their lives are not going to be sleeping like little babys. heck, I get jacked up for hunting season and can't fall asleep and get 2 hours of sleep if I'm lucky. BAD move.

I agree with you 100%. I'm sure emotions will be high because it is the championship game, but from a physiological standpoint, these kids will physically not be ready. If and when these guys get to sleep, it'll probably be early Friday morning. When they finally do get to sleep, they will have to get up. 6 a.m.?? That might even be a little late. You are going to want to get some breakfast in your body, get a shower and all that. Honestly, if I was in that situation, I don't know what I would do. There are so many different ways of dealing with it. Also remember, this will probably be the first time many of these kids will get on the field in a place like this, so you may want them out on the field earlier than normal to let them get a feel of the turf, stands etc... We'll see how it ends up playing out.
ndfbfan

Postby js2125 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:24 am

ndfbfan,

I agree 100%, having played in the fargo dome before, although not for a championship game, the atmosphere is overwhelming. It does take quite some time for the body to adjust to the new surroundings, the extremem rush of adrenaline and just the fact you have never been in a place like that before.  Then, unfortunately there is the crash at the end of all that.  Plus, the lack of sleep that will surely happen. There young adults with more energy than they need now add all this on top of that.  So many factors, the right answer, good luck!!

js2125

Postby KnowDak » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:46 pm

I'd say regardless of how tough it is or isn't to get up to play a 9 a.m. championship game, it's disrespectful to the teams playing in the game and 9-man football in general.

But that's obviously not something that the NDHSAA thinks about. Another slap in the face occured during last season's Class A basketball tournament.

The best girls team in the state (and has been for nearly the past 5 years) Mandan was scheduled to play its semifinal Friday early afternoon in front of a measely crowd. They probably drew twice as big of a crowd for an average home game. Pretty pathetic.
KnowDak
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:10 pm

just because Mandan is the best team in the state they should play the last game?  someone has to play in the afternoon
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby KnowDak » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:43 pm

baseball wrote:just because Mandan is the best team in the state they should play the last game?  someone has to play in the afternoon

I would argue that all of the semifinals should be at night, but obviously with the combined A tournament, that will never happen. Of course in the opening round, some teams will play early, but the semis???

It's just not a great showcase for girls basketball, that was my point, but I would be especially bitter if I was a fan (or a player) of Mandan's because they are a great team and should be given a better forum for their tournament games. JMO.
KnowDak
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Pfenix » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:51 pm

please stay on subject.  this is a football forum.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby KnowDak » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:02 pm

Pfenix wrote:please stay on subject.  this is a football forum.

Chill out buddy, I was just making a point parallel to the one about the 9-man game starting so early...

You're not exactly lending any brilliant football insight to this thread.

Anyway, you'd think the NDHSAA would have some foresight and be able to schedule something else, but...

KnowDak
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Pfenix » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:23 pm

w/e i didn't mean to offend anybody.  lighten up.   move on.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby johndeere » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:34 pm

divide county vs westhope game

and

kenmare vs rolla game

who do u think is going to win and why
Last edited by johndeere on Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johndeere

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:32 am

johndeere wrote: 

divide county vs westhope game

and

kenmare vs rolla game

who do u think is going to win and why

I'll take Divide Co. in a good game vs Westhope

I'll also take Rolla in a win over Kenmare. 

What about the rest of the 1st round? Let's see some more predictions.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ticket0115 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:50 am

Richardton Taylo vs Turtle Lake- Mercer

Washburn vs Mott Regent

Whos goin to win.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby twinsfan34 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:41 am

ticket0115 wrote:Richardton Taylo vs Turtle Lake- Mercer

Washburn vs Mott Regent

Whos goin to win.

In my opinion, it will be TLM and M/R.  
twinsfan34

Postby Pfenix » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:44 pm

Richardton is a better team than people think.  I think they'll give em a good game but the trojans will come away with it in the end.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby beans3 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:36 pm

Mott-Regent 40

Washburn 0
beans3

Postby twinsfan34 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:56 pm

Anyone have a score for the Central Valley/Maddock game today?
twinsfan34

Postby ND_9man_DC » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:06 pm

Does anyone have the Kenmare vs. Rolla-Rock Lake score?
ND_9man_DC
NDPreps Reserve

Postby johndeere » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:59 pm

Kenmare lost

johndeere

Postby ticket0115 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:36 pm

Richardton played a hard game but the TL-M defense stepped up in the end while the offense scored a couple TD's to seal the game at 34-22
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:30 pm

i was at the napoleon/milnor-north sargent game...mns held with the imperials for the first half...had a goal line stand as time expired in the first half and went into the break trailing 14-0.

the big problem mns had was they kept botching snaps on either shotgun snaps and punts...i had them losing something like 56 yards on the four botched snaps in the first three quarters. napoleon also had four picks which didn't help much, but there was quite a few turnovers with the cold weather...fumbles and stuff...and mns had their shots with a couple of napoleon fumbles.

also, mns couldn't really stop gross...he ended up with just under 140 yards rushing on like 25 carries...i think his longest rush for for 11 yards, and that was his only double-digit run...other than that, he just about automatic for four or five yards a carry...dewald had about 70-75 yards rushing...he looks like he is a fun running back to block for, he really finishes his runs well...grunefelder had about 100 yards receiving and looks as solid as ever. 

i was impressed with mns in the first half though. napoleon scored on their second play (60 yard play action pass to grunefelder) and i kind of thought 'here we go with another 58-6 game' but mns pulled it together. i kind of thought that maybe mns was going to catch napoleon, but mns just couldn't put the ball in the end zone. then it just seemed like napoleon came out in the second half and had a fire lit under them and in the first 10 minutes or so of the third quarter they scored three times and put the game out of reach.

talking with the mns coach after the game, i didn't remember they were 0-8 last year...great turnaround and congrats on a good season. one win or one loss doesn't make or break a good season.

should be interesting next week with napoleon and hillsboro...two teams that would prefer to run the ball...the clock should stop once or twice a quarter and that should be about it. i wish i could be there to see it.
rep

Postby A - Football Fan » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:29 am

I see that the Sioux play at 1:30 on the 11th of November. All of the games in this years Dakota Bowl will be played on Friday. The sooner they start the games the sooner they will finish and allow the stadium staff to get things ready for the next days game.

My only complaint about how they run the Dakota Bowl is why don't they rotate the games being played early. Why does AAA football get the primetime spots. Small town North Dakota is what North Dakota is all about not the bigger cities. Why can't 9-man and Class A have the later game spots. Those games are just as important for those towns if not more so. I say rotate the game schedules around to allow all classes a shot at the later games on a year to year basis.  
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby happy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:17 am

rep wrote:should be interesting next week with napoleon and hillsboro...two teams that would prefer to run the ball...the clock should stop once or twice a quarter and that should be about it. i wish i could be there to see it.

it was a good game Hillsboro came out ready and it looked like Napoleon was asleep and went in to the half down7-0. they came out ready though and domintated to win 28-13

happy
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rep » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:32 am

happy wrote:
rep wrote:should be interesting next week with napoleon and hillsboro...two teams that would prefer to run the ball...the clock should stop once or twice a quarter and that should be about it. i wish i could be there to see it.

it was a good game Hillsboro came out ready and it looked like Napoleon was asleep and went in to the half down7-0. they came out ready though and domintated to win 28-13

in comparing their first two playoff games, napoleon did pretty much the same thing when they beat milnor-north sargent...they were up 14-0, got stuffed at the goalline as time ran out in the second quarter and then pumped in 22 points in the third quarter.

apparently it just takes them a half to get going?
rep

Previous

Return to 9 - Man