The big three

The teams in 9 Man

The big three

Postby outspoken » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:22 pm

Ok, so who is best year out of the big three in region one?
Evan Gross- very tough, ran all over the second best team in the region(Oakes).
Looks to have pretty good blocking backs for him and a pretty decent passing QB.

Jason Hagen- Very talented, a decent game against Napoleon. Rushing for 200+ yard games very often.
looks to have a very good offensive line, with to other backs Oakes likes to fake too or change things up.

Nate Arnold- A physical back. HUGE games this year probably has the weeker line out of these other three backs, not dissing ellendale but Oakes is pretty good, and Napoleon is up there too.
Last edited by outspoken on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
outspoken
NDPreps Reserve

Re: The big three

Postby throwingducks » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:14 am

I would go with gross, he wasnt given as much credit last year due to those around him but this year he is carrying a much larger weight on his shoulders and putting up similar numbers when they are harder to come by. Probably the best field vision I have ever seen in a HS running back.

Hagen would be second and arnold third, reason being is that both these two have put up yardage in garbage time, against JV's(both vs south border), gross has not done that due to closer games, plus he just makes a lot of people miss if you have ever watched him, a lot of times people are closing in behind the LOS and he makes them look stupid with a cut or stiff arm.

Each has his own talents, hagen is shifty and has appeared to be more physical than last year, Arnold is a strong running back, shouldnt try to take him on high, but in my opinion gross has both these atributes.
throwingducks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby future star » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:38 pm

Arnold has the stats but gross has my vote.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EHS1998 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:41 pm

throwingducks wrote:Hagen would be second and arnold third, reason being is that both these two have put up yardage in garbage time, against JV's(both vs south border.

I cant speak for the Oakes game, but the Ellendale vs South Border game was still in doubt into the 4th quarter. Not disputing your rankings here, just clarifying.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ocho Siete » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:49 am

Is 'The Big Three' the regions label over them...or did you come up with that horrible nickname on your own?

Honest question.
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby rudy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Hagen hasn't played against a JV team yet. So don't say he picks up yards in garbage time. every game except two (WL, Napoleon) has he played past a couple of drives into the third quarter. Against Sargent central he was done with 7 minutes in the second quarter.
Doesn't Oakes play South Border tonight?
rudy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby throwingducks » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:11 pm

They had a game, region game, in which they put up 68 points or something like that and if you look he is scoring TD's when they are up past 40. why???
throwingducks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:41 pm

I think the big three is just a creation of the original posters, I have not heard it anywhere else. Gross is as good a back as I have seen and Hagen is not far behind. Arnold is very tough but he does need to prove it against top notch talent. Tonight is his chance to do so.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Postby crazyone » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:57 am

You are right about Gross and Hagen. I disagree on Arnold while he is good he cannot even be compared to Gross. Not even close. If Feist was healthy that would be a mute point. end of my discussion
crazyone

Postby EHS1998 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:08 pm

crazyone wrote:You are right about Gross and Hagen. I disagree on Arnold while he is good he cannot even be compared to Gross. Not even close. If Feist was healthy that would be a mute point. end of my discussion

I think Gross proved your point last evening but I would put him a bit out in front of Hagen.
I dont follow the Feist comment, what point would be mute? I do think that Arnold may be a better college prospect though, just my opinion.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Legend

Return to 9 - Man