region 1 champion game

The teams in Class A

Postby region1 football » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:31 pm

what teams will be in the championship for region one this year. and does any one have a prediction for the upcomming game of lamoure vs. linton
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:50 pm

Linton over LaMoure.  I think Linton will just have to much for LaMoure to handle.  I will also take Hankinson over Wyndmere-Lidgerwood.  Hankinson has a lot of weapons, and should start getting noticed if they win this game.  I think all 4 of these teams will make the playoffs, but Linton has to be the team to beat.   anybody else have any opinions???
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguy2 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:58 pm

I think we're in for some high quality games this weekend. Any one of the before mentioned teams could come out on top. Things could start to take form on the top half of region 1 starting this week.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby beachy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:30 pm

Ya Hankinson-f-c-t does have alot of weapons they have a great passing game and are now able to rush the ball this year they are tough in both areas.  Linton is also tough.  But hankinson plays 3 tough games in a row so they will hopefully get noticed if they win a couple of them.  They play wyndmere on friday then go to linton then to lamour so they got a tough schedule comign up.
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:08 am

I'm just wondering how much improved region 1 is this year? They seemed to struggle last season when it came to playoff time. I think region 2 is down this year other then for Larimore, so it should be some good match ups come playoff time. Any opinions?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:17 am

I don't know if Region 1 is any better, but I know last year Linton ended the season with some devastating injuries, and they look to be doing pretty well right now.  Wyndmere made the 2nd round of the playoffs, but always seem to reload.  LaMoure has got their talented junior class, and Hankinson brought back basically everyone from a season of lumps last year.  How these teams will do in the playoffs remains to be seen, but like you said Region 2 may be down a bit this year, specifically Cavalier.  It all depends on who stays injury free, and can get on a bit of a roll for the playoffs.
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:52 am

ndsportsfan98 wrote:I don't know if Region 1 is any better, but I know last year Linton ended the season with some devastating injuries, and they look to be doing pretty well right now.  Wyndmere made the 2nd round of the playoffs, but always seem to reload.  LaMoure has got their talented junior class, and Hankinson brought back basically everyone from a season of lumps last year.  How these teams will do in the playoffs remains to be seen, but like you said Region 2 may be down a bit this year, specifically Cavalier.  It all depends on who stays injury free, and can get on a bit of a roll for the playoffs.

if tyson bodvig isn't injured, linton goes to the state title game last year in my opinion.
rep

Postby berry186 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:03 am

linton was good but the side had to go through cavalier still to get there and cavalier was still to powerful
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:55 am

Yeah I don't see Linton making it to the state championship game last year either. Would have went further possibly with Bodvig. Think they would have had tough time stopping Anderson. But i look for region 1 to do better this season in the playoffs.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:06 pm

eh, maybe i'm wrong, i didn't get a chance to see cavalier. all i remmber was bodvig was a one-man show that season. i can only hope that his knee is somewhat healed and he can light it up for the jimmies in a year or two.
Last edited by rep on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby ndfan » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:24 pm

Well it could of been Lintons one man team vs. Cavaliers one man team. Which I think would have given cavalier the advantage and win. What are Linton and LaMoures strengths? Linemen? QB? RB? Who the studs for these teams?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby region1 football » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:23 am

i would say that lamoures strenght is in thier defense.  they are short on runningbacks.  thier line is undersized but they do a darn good job.  but the defense.  brad sherman is a menace.  cody peterson has had a spectacular year so far.  thier linebackers and corners have done a wonderful job as well
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Postby twiz11 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:38 am

Wyndmere-Lidgerwood comes back to beat Hankinson-F-C-T after trailing 13-0 at halftime.  Very good game,  you could tell it was a big rivalry just by the way they were hitting each other, very intense.  Next week friday should be another good game between another pair of unbeatens Linton-HMB and Wyndmere-Lidgerwood.
Last edited by twiz11 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
twiz11

Postby 24/7ndfan » Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:39 pm

the lamoure-l-m and hankinso-f-c-t will also be a good game. Lamoure needs to win this game because of their back-back loses to linton and kindred. Hankinson has to bounce back after their 2nd half nightmare to W/L. Should be a good one in LaMoure!!!
Last edited by 24/7ndfan on Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24/7ndfan
NDPreps Reserve

Return to A