region IV championship game

The teams in Class A

Postby letsgosox » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:45 pm

The game this friday between Killdeer and Williams County could most likely turn out to be the region IV championship game. These two teams have established a good rivalry over the last 3 years. Killdeer knocked W.C. out of the playoffs three years ago, then W.C. returned the favor a year later. Last year Williams County pitched a 36-0 shutout on their way to the conference championship. Killdeer is coming off a huge win against longtime rival stanley and Williams county is 3-0 and coming off their 30-19 win against belfield. This is a very intriguing matchup. Let me know what all you think is going to happen.
letsgosox

Postby COACHWEST » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:58 am

I think its too early to call it a championship game, but it is definately a game with playoff implications.  Grant County, Stanley, Beach, and Belfield are all also still in the mix.  Bowman will get better with the return of a healthy team and Standing Rock is playing some decent football.  I believe this is the most balanced region in the state.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:15 pm

COACHWEST wrote:I think its too early to call it a championship game, but it is definately a game with playoff implications.  Grant County, Stanley, Beach, and Belfield are all also still in the mix.  Bowman will get better with the return of a healthy team and Standing Rock is playing some decent football.  I believe this is the most balanced region in the state.

Mathmatically they are all still in the mix but in reality the only true contenders for the title is Grant County, Stanley, Killdeer, and Williams County. It will definately be an interesting game, last year Killdeer spiraled downward after the Williams County game. This was mostly due to their quarterback breaking his neck, but Killdeer didn't just get beat last year, they got demoralized. It will be exciting to see how both teams come into this game.
letsgosox

Postby Y-not Daily » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:55 am

I'm shocked at the success Williams County is having this season. They lost a half dozen graduating all-staters from last year's team and are still winning ballgames. Credit to coach Schafer and the kids out there.
Y-not Daily

Postby Wombat » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:38 am

I think that a lot of schools around the state are beginning to realize what it takes to run a successful football program. They are beginning to realize that it takes an entire team working all year doing all the little things to have success year in and year out. Because of this I think you will see these schools having more successful teams every year, where as the teams who don't do these little things may have success in an odd year where they have a lot of talent. Talent can only take you so far and it only runs so deep. You won't win 8-10 games every year on accident and teams like Stanley, Velva, Cavalier, Harvey, and now Williams County (just to name a few) have realized that winning football doesn't happen on accident and are doing what it takes to have success every year.

Just my opinion
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A