Streaks

The teams in Class A

Postby ndfan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:51 pm

Cavalier plays Langdon on Saturday night, Cavalier hasn't lost to Langdon I believe since 1978 the first year Oksendahl was at Cavalier. I think it's up to 26 years they haven't lost to them but haven't played them every year but i think its like 22 wins. Just wondering if their are any other streaks like that in the state now or in the past? This streak could be in jeopardy Saturday.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby tanner lorenz » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:25 pm

does anyone have the records of the harvey/rugby games, it would be interesting to know what the alltime record between these two teams against each other
tanner lorenz

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:21 pm

I would be willing to bet that Harvey has had a few different long streaks against many teams.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_Coach » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:17 am

I think Harvey had a 6 or 7 year stretch were they didn't lose a regular season game at home
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:23 pm

That wouldnt surprise me at all.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wombat » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:46 am

Cavalier has had many streaks come to a screaching stop lately. 47 games was snapped by velva, 4 year home winning streak (5 years not counting play-offs) snapped by North Border, nearly 30 year winning streak against langdon Snapped, but on the bright side they have started a new streak! 3-game losing streak! I am sure that they will find their rhythm and start winning a few games again. they have talent and a good coach, they just need to find their new identities!
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsense » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:48 am

The streak did end on Saturday with Langdon dominating Cavalier on both ends of the ball for a 34-0 win!!  WOW!!  The media has sure been quiet about this one!  No mention of the score on any TV sports shows, whats going on? This is big news for the whole state not only the Langdon players, fans, alumni, etc.  Lets play ball on a level playing field.
sportsense
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:19 am

sportsense wrote:The streak did end on Saturday with Langdon dominating Cavalier on both ends of the ball for a 34-0 win!!  WOW!!  The media has sure been quiet about this one!  No mention of the score on any TV sports shows, whats going on? This is big news for the whole state not only the Langdon players, fans, alumni, etc.  Lets play ball on a level playing field.

this isn't big news for the whole state. i'm in an adjacent news coverage area, and i don't care about it. i can pretty much guarantee that if oksendahl was still there and this happened, i might care a bit more. but without him...eh...to me it rings a bit hallow.

congrats to langdon for getting the monkey off their back, but really, i don't think the whole state needs to be alerted to this one.
rep

Postby triple » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:22 am

Did Langdon just take it to them on both sides of the ball or what was the deal here??
triple

Postby ndfan » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:26 pm

[user=748]sportsense[/user] wrote:
The streak did end on Saturday with Langdon dominating Cavalier on both ends of the ball for a 34-0 win!!  WOW!!  The media has sure been quiet about this one!  No mention of the score on any TV sports shows, whats going on? This is big news for the whole state not only the Langdon players, fans, alumni, etc.  Lets play ball on a level playing field.

Didn't really surprise me they lost, thought maybe they could give a little better game. When I played it was the one game nobody wanted to be the team that was associated with losing the streak to Langdon. They are a young team with only 2 seniors and not a whole lot of kids with Varsity experience. The talent pool in Cavalier is dry, no where near the kind of athletes Cavalier has had the past 5 to 30 years. Past 4 years they had the class AA player 3 straight years and class A player of the year last year. Now this year they will be lucky if they have one all state player on it. Then you lose your coach who I would compare him to a Bill Parcells in the way he coached "Intimidating". You made a mistake for him and he was a in your face and let you know it. Not with Mack. Saw some mistakes that you wouldn't see with an Oksendahl coached team. Think they have some talent coming up in Junior high level so it might be a few years tell you see the Tornadoes competitive again. But you'll never see them have a team like they did the past four years.

As for the media coverage, I was a little surprised that the Herald didn't cover it. I remember when I was a senior in 2000 and Langdon had one of their best teams in recent history with Jesse dude and Seth Neman and a few others I can't remember. Cavalier had a mediocre team. I believe Langdon played in the state championship that year and lost to Velva. We lost to Trinity in quarterfinals 41-0. But it was suppose to be the team(Langdon) that beat us that year and we beat them 14-12. All I heard that summer was jesse dude this jesse dude that think he rushed for 2,000 yards that year heck of a back. I think Greg DeVillers was up their and was gonna report on Langdon snapping the streak but it never happened so he had to to a story on our offensive line. So maybe since then they haven't sent anybody up their to do a story until Langdon for sure beat us. I would guess they will have some kind of story on it in Thursdays paper when they do their high school coverage. I also don't think its a big deal around the state, more around the region if anything.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball1niner » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:33 pm

im pretty sure snapping a 26year losing streak is a big deal the deserves some sort of publicity...new coach..hopefully langdon is turning over a new leaf..and how do you know for sure that langdon wouldn't of won that game even if oksendahl was there...they don't have as much talent as langdon did...not even close...34 points...i don't think it would of been 34 points but langdon would of still won....
bball1niner

Postby Wombat » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:16 pm

hey Rep, maybe you should start a new thread called "News i might be interested in" and see how many replies you get. This is a statewide website meaning that it can be used by anyone in the state to write about anything in the state they wish. obviously some people do care about it and your opinion is certainly not trump.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:00 pm

Wombat wrote:hey Rep, maybe you should start a new thread called "News i might be interested in" and see how many replies you get. This is a statewide website meaning that it can be used by anyone in the state to write about anything in the state they wish. obviously some people do care about it and your opinion is certainly not trump.

eh, maybe

rep

Postby ND_Coach » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:42 pm

speaking of streaks, Dunseith has got to have a double digit losing streak going.  Anyone know how many in a row they've lost?
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A