The teams in Class A

Postby ndfan » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:23 pm

Well the 2006 football season isn't to far away. Velva I would say probably has to be the team to beat. Lot of teams seem to have graduated some pretty good football players. Harvey loses the Lemer boys and Volk, North Border WInkler and Setness, Velva Weidler and im sure a few others i cant name, Cavalier Anderson and Vistad.

What do these teams and others bring back for this coming fall??? Just seems to me like this year will lack those big names I mentioned. Would love to hear what people think their team and others will fare and who are gonna be the better players this year?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Irisheyes » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:32 pm

Good Question.  How is everyone reload.  Be a lot tougher for the Sandys this year all though Brad has his son Brock coming back one more year.  Not sure what is going to be with him though.  Velva sure lost a lot but hey, that is Velva.   Do they recuit?  Just kidding.  What about teams like Lamoure, Langdon, Larimore, Stanley and such?  Anybody have any word on those teams?
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:11 pm

Irisheyes wrote:Good Question.  How is everyone reload.  Be a lot tougher for the Sandys this year all though Brad has his son Brock coming back one more year.  Not sure what is going to be with him though.  Velva sure lost a lot but hey, that is Velva.   Do they recuit?  Just kidding.  What about teams like Lamoure, Langdon, Larimore, Stanley and such?  Anybody have any word on those teams?

i'm not positive on what lamoure returns, but i think they lose arndt (oline) berry (qb) and sandness (good open field rb) and gibbs (wr?) for sure
rep

Postby LiveTheLife... For The Lo » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:33 am

Irisheyes wrote:Good Question.  How is everyone reload.  Be a lot tougher for the Sandys this year all though Brad has his son Brock coming back one more year.  Not sure what is going to be with him though.  Velva sure lost a lot but hey, that is Velva.   Do they recuit?  Just kidding.  What about teams like Lamoure, Langdon, Larimore, Stanley and such?  Anybody have any word on those teams?

I think LaMoure lost everyone but 4 or 5 starters. They will have a very small but fast team. They will need QB Ben Watkins to stay healthy. ( their probable backup is a freshman Chad Limesand who is good but has no experience.) The returning starters i know of are Ben Holen, Brad Sherman, and Cody Peterson, Clayton Long, and Lee Slykerman.
Last edited by LiveTheLife... For The Lo on Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiveTheLife... For The Lo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:20 pm

Here's a look at Cavalier this fall. They will have a new coaching staff or maybe just new coach. They still haven't found a assistant coach yet. Rod Mack and Jeff Urlaub maybe asked to coach grades 7-12 together unless they find some one soon. They will only bring back 22 kids grade 10-12 this year and probably add another 8-10 freshmen and they will probably have about 30 kids on the roster. I'm pretty sure none of the incoming freshmen will make an impact.

Key loses: Rod Oksendahl (coach), Matt Anderson, Robert Vistad, Ryan McGillvary, Lucas Neumann, and Brandon Hills to graduation. They also lose Jamison Brekke and J.J Carik who moved. Carik would probably have been their best player this year.

Key Returners: QB/DB Karsen Yelle, RB/LB Mitch Ford, Chris Lawonn RB/DB, Blaine Kemp TE/LB, Ryan Kalanowski OL/LB

They pretty much lose everybody on the line and they won't be reloading with much on the line. Might actually be one of the worst lines Cavaliers ever had. The skill positions will be alright they have their starting QB back in Yelle and Ford and Lawonn wouldn't be to shabby running the ball if the line can make some kind of hole. They also won't have that play maker or game breaker they have had in the past in Sundby, Trenbeath, Oksendahl, and Anderson.

This will be a team that will have some ups and downs this year. I don't think their region will be real strong so they might make the playoffs probably finishing behind Larimore, Thompson, and MPCG this year. Gonna be a long tough year for this team for once. I'm thinking a 4-6 win season for the tornadoes this year.
Last edited by ndfan on Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguy2 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:34 pm

Lamoure lost 3 starters on D.. they r going to be very inexperinced at linebacker. the only returning linebacker is only 5ft 8 and 160 pds. i think he's #29 im not sure his name he had 50 tackels in 5 games last year. they also have D end Cody Peterson who had 56 tackels and is a true athelet. Clayton Long didnt play much last season because of injurys. they have Brad Sherman who is a stud at nosegaurd, with Jared Peterson as a tackel. the corners will likely be Holen and Meidinger.  Free Safty is up for grabs im assuming, but Austin Formo looks to be the best choice.
Last edited by sportsguy2 on Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to A