Killdeer vs. New Salem-Glen Ullin

The teams in Class A

Killdeer vs. New Salem-Glen Ullin

Postby bestinthewest » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:51 pm

What does everyone think about this game? This is basically the Region 4 "championship game".

I say NSGU over Killdeer.

Does anyone know if Killdeer is mostly a running or passing team?
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Re: Killdeer vs. New Salem-Glen Ullin

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:28 pm

I think this will be quite the game. I am going to go with Killdeer in this one. It is in New Salem but I think that with this much riding on the game that Killdeer will show up ready to play and regain some position in the region. If Killdeer does win what will the region standings look like? Beach beat Killdeer, New Salem beat Beach. How does the tiebreaker work?
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:46 pm

Step 2. If a tie still exists:
(A). The team with the highest point differential (17-point per game maximum) among those tied teams is first. Remove the first place team from the group.

CASE II: When teams A, B, and C are tied:
(a) Team B defeated C and A.
RULING: Step 1 would determine B to be first and the region game between C and A would determine 2nd and 3rd.
(b) If A defeated B, B defeated C and C defeated A.
RULING: Step 2-A would be used to find the top team and step 2-B, the region game between the other two would determine 2nd and 3rd.

I think I found the answer.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby A - Football Fan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:57 pm

My only other question is if this is against all opponents or just regional opponents. If it is just regional opponents then the "power points" are awfully close. Beach would be out because the best they can do is 50 tie breaker points while New Salem/Glen Ulin and Killdeer are only seperated by 6 points with New Salem/Glen Ullin holding a 57-51 advantage.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby porter_55 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:16 pm

I am not 100% on this, but i heard something like Kildeer has to beat New Salem by 13 points or more to win the region. I am not sure what would have to happen for Beach win the region.
porter_55

Postby cubsfan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:38 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:My only other question is if this is against all opponents or just regional opponents. If it is just regional opponents then the "power points" are awfully close. Beach would be out because the best they can do is 50 tie breaker points while New Salem/Glen Ulin and Killdeer are only seperated by 6 points with New Salem/Glen Ullin holding a 57-51 advantage.

The point differential is only the scores between the teams that are tied.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fbfanofnd » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:30 am

New Salem is at a +17, Killdeer is at a -9 and Beach is at -8 I belive so Killdeer would have to win by more than 12 points to take first in the region. Both teams are playing well so it should be a very good game.
fbfanofnd

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:26 am

fbfanofnd wrote:New Salem is at a +17, Killdeer is at a -9 and Beach is at -8 I belive so Killdeer would have to win by more than 12 points to take first in the region. Both teams are playing well so it should be a very good game.

They would have to win by 14 or more to have the second tie-breaker. If they won by 13 they would be tied. I don't recall what the third tie breaker is.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby A - Football Fan » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:42 pm

d_fense wrote:
fbfanofnd wrote:New Salem is at a +17, Killdeer is at a -9 and Beach is at -8 I belive so Killdeer would have to win by more than 12 points to take first in the region. Both teams are playing well so it should be a very good game.

They would have to win by 14 or more to have the second tie-breaker. If they won by 13 they would be tied. I don't recall what the third tie breaker is.

At that point the rules state that they would actually throw the names into a hat and draw for region seedings.
A - Football Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:28 pm

A - Football Fan wrote:
d_fense wrote:

At that point the rules state that they would actually throw the names into a hat and draw for region seedings.

What kind of hat???? :D
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby A-Fanatic » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:11 pm

New Salem will win Friday night and take home the region 4 title. They had some trouble last week against Stanley. They won by two touchdowns but probably could have and should have won by four touchdowns. I think the coach had plenty of material this week to get their heads on straight. Killdeer won't just lay down though this will be a defensive game with NSGU winning 18-13. Like it or not that's the way I see it, but a little part of me is pulling for Killdeer just because of the shakeup they could cause for the region title.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Postby fbfanofnd » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:02 pm

actually if only 2 teams are tied then it goes head to head with those 2 teams I believe. Cant wait to see how this one turns out should be a real smash mouth football game.
fbfanofnd

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:29 pm

ugly win last week. NSGU will have to play several notches better than last week. Being at home should be a big advantage. They've had two insane road trips to beach and stanley.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:34 pm

Killdeer wins 20-6. Basically a slugfest with killdeer winning the battle of key plays. Killdeer is big and physical. New Salem looked like they were in the drivers seat as they were going to punch in they touchdown setting up the go ahead 2 point conversion late in the 4th quarter until they fumbled in mid-air on the goal line. Killdeer took the touchback and marched it down the field to make it a 20-6 game. New Salem dominated possession time and had the ball inside the 5 yard line twice in the 4th quarter coming out with 0 points. New Salem has played turnover free for quite some time and were bitten tonight in crucial spots. Give killdeer credit though. They are the most physical team that new salem has played all year.
bigpoppakdog

Postby A-Fanatic » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:47 pm

Well I predicted that New Salem would win this one but I'm not surprised that Killdeer won. This region has been pretty tight all year and Killdeer has been playing really good football the last few weeks. New Salem is still a good team and should get through the first round of the playoffs I'm guessing against Beach who lost to Stanley last night. That would mean that New Salem would likely travel to Velva for the second round of the playoffs. I'll be on the sidelines for that one. On the other hand Harvey will end up going to Killdeer for the second round. That could be an interesting matchup. Harvey won 33-0 earlier this year but I think Killdeer is much improved since then. That will be a good game.
A-Fanatic
NDPreps Starter

Return to A