Lamoure loboes

The teams in Class A

Lamoure loboes

Postby wanttobuyaturkey » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:13 pm

What do you guys think of the lamoure loboes. Should they be doing better for how young they are. Please comment.
wanttobuyaturkey
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Lamoure loboes

Postby Rutgers » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:20 am

I think they are a young team that has a lot of potential. They are short on Seniors this year and only have a few returning starters from last year. There is a 3 or 4 freshman linemen that have never played varstiy before this year. They should have some experiance next year and the years to come after.
Rutgers

Postby bus » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:05 pm

Same thing with Cavalier they only have one returning starter on offense and two on defense
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:47 am

Lamoure is playing about how they can. It has been and will continue to be a tough year. Next year will not be much better. 2010 they should be looking at making a playoff run.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsguy2 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:16 pm

I disagree...look for them to make the playoffs next year...not only are they freshman loaded..they are loaded with talented juniors too
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d_fense » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:29 pm

sportsguy2 wrote:I disagree...look for them to make the playoffs next year...not only are they freshman loaded..they are loaded with talented juniors too

I don't know how loaded of a Jr. class they can have when they are scoreing 3.6 points per game, and haven't played the probably the 3 best teams on their schedule yet. I know their freshman are pretty decent. I still think 2 years from the playoffs.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsguy2 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:47 pm

you got a point with the scoring...but i wouldn't count them out next year though...the other teams in the region are loosing some pretty good players
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fbballa » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:31 pm

They start 3 freshman on the line and a freshman quarterback, with only 1 senior starter on offense and 2 on defense, the future will only get better for the Loboes.
fbballa
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:16 am

Lamoure has some fine young football players comming up in the next few years who will have a ton of varsity exerience, I would look for major improvment next year then look out in 2010.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Lamoure should be pretty good when they get some more experience. The major thing for them is numbers. They also do not have very many playmakers in their younger grades, but they should have a big, physical line in the next couple of years.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:56 am

Really, really, lacking experience; the current juniors and sophomores didn't get much, if any, varsity time last year and with the lack of junior varsity games, there is pretty much no experience anywhere, couple that with a very young line and well, you get the picture....ugly, ugly a lot of the time, yet there are flashes of brilliance......can only get better, will only get better; if those guys get stronger, work on agility (moving their feet) ....as for playmakers, you have to play to develop, and if the younger players aren't getting anything but practice time......those things can take awhile
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Anybody know how many years in a row Lamoure has made the playoffs?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby berry186 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:24 pm

1 year didnt make it two years ago but before that it was like 11 or 12 years
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball101 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:22 pm

cubsfan wrote:Lamoure should be pretty good when they get some more experience. The major thing for them is numbers. They also do not have very many playmakers in their younger grades, but they should have a big, physical line in the next couple of years.

You aren't giving their freshmen enough credit. Leaders rise with experience. I guarentee their quarterback will become a playmaker..when he's a senior, he will be a 4 year starter.
bball101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wanttobuyaturkey » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:31 am

bball101 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:Lamoure should be pretty good when they get some more experience. The major thing for them is numbers. They also do not have very many playmakers in their younger grades, but they should have a big, physical line in the next couple of years.

You aren't giving their freshmen enough credit. Leaders rise with experience. I guarentee their quarterback will become a playmaker..when he's a senior, he will be a 4 year starter.

yah. i do agree he will be good but we are not goin to pass every play. We still need a guy who can run the ball. Besides will there be anyone to throw to? Ya he has a good arm but will there be anyone who can catch it. i still think we are goin to need a good solid running back
wanttobuyaturkey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball101 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:34 am

What about Gene Smith? I think he has potential and he's just a sophomore.
bball101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wanttobuyaturkey » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:36 am

bball101 wrote:What about Gene Smith? I think he has potential and he's just a sophomore.

yes but he is really lacking experience in the running back position. without that many jv games he can't get that experience. next year will have to be a big learning year for him
wanttobuyaturkey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball101 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:41 am

That is true..although I'm sure someone will have to step up. Last year they were said to be awful too.
bball101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:43 am

I think there qb will be a good one. I say this because he has a pretty good head and is above average athletically. The whole arm thing, I'm not sure of. I have seen him 3 times this year and haven't seen him throw anything but lob passes. He doesn't pass a ton, but I have not seen him even attempt to really "throw" the ball. Maybe I missed one. That being said I think he will be a above average qb by his sophmore year. That reminds me of something I have heard Paul Harvey say. If you are average you are the best of the louseyest and the louseyest of the best.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:11 am

bball101 wrote:

How do I not give them enough credit? I said they will be pretty good once they get some experience. I am not going to call any team great based on potential.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bball101 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:48 am

I meant that they have to have some playmakers because you don't switch quarterbacks if you don't think that they will benefit your team. A quarterback usually is your biggest playmaker. That being said, maybe some of their other freshmen were playmakers last year in the level they were in and now just have to get people to follow their lead. It's hard to say if teams have playmakers or not because a lot of the time, they are well hidden. Not just in football, but in other sports as well.
bball101
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:51 am

I heard a LaMoure player was taken off the field by ambulance Fri. in Milnor. Any word on how he is doing?
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby wanttobuyaturkey » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:42 pm

d_fense wrote:I heard a LaMoure player was taken off the field by ambulance Fri. in Milnor. Any word on how he is doing?

he separated his shoulder. its in a sling. he is out for the rest of the season
wanttobuyaturkey
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:15 pm

wanttobuyaturkey wrote:
d_fense wrote:I heard a LaMoure player was taken off the field by ambulance Fri. in Milnor. Any word on how he is doing?

That is to bad. Was it one of there freshman, or an upper classman? I hate to see a seniors season end with an injury before the final game.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsguy2 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:06 pm

d_fense wrote:
wanttobuyaturkey wrote:

That is to bad. Was it one of there freshman, or an upper classman? I hate to see a seniors season end with an injury before the final game.

It was Travis Brandvold, a junior, he was one of their bright spots during this dissapointing season.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to A