2007 Season

The teams in Class A

Postby Mailman_25 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:28 am

What are your early thoughts on top teams for 2007.

Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Mailman_25 wrote:What are your early thoughts on top teams for 2007.

IMO, Until someone defeats Velva, they are always the favorite, no matter how many they graduate.
ndfbfan

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:50 pm

ndfbfan wrote:
Mailman_25 wrote:What are your early thoughts on top teams for 2007.

IMO, Until someone defeats Velva, they are always the favorite, no matter how many they graduate.

Haha good way of putting it. I think Killdeer and Harvey have to be up there.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Thunder66 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:12 am

How does everybody think Hatton-Northwood will do this year moving back down to Class A?
Thunder66

Postby PA42 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:53 pm

They don't have too much back do they. who will be the quarterback, running back, and recievers?
PA42

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:15 pm

I'd like to know if there are any clear cut favorites this year???
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Thunder66 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:51 am

horne98 wrote:They don't have too much back do they. who will be the quarterback, running back, and recievers?

Spencer Huus will be the quarterback, running back is the freak of nature that is tyler staskivige, and they bring back two receivers that got a lot of time in kyle funseth and matt hillesland, they also have some experience on the line back with mark wallace, michael moore, and all stater jon nelson
Thunder66

Postby beavof77 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:36 pm

Obviously you look to the Aggies of Velva being the #1 Ranked team in North Dakota, no question. With 6 of the last 7 state championships going there I agree with previous comments that they are the best team in the state no matter how many they graduate. Killdeer has some good athletes and I have a feeling may end up meeting up with Velva late in the season. Look at Harvey with some solid players returing. Brian Sandy at TE and a few back I believe.
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:49 pm

beavof77 wrote:Obviously you look to the Aggies of Velva being the #1 Ranked team in North Dakota, no question. With 6 of the last 7 state championships going there I agree with previous comments that they are the best team in the state no matter how many they graduate. Killdeer has some good athletes and I have a feeling may end up meeting up with Velva late in the season. Look at Harvey with some solid players returing. Brian Sandy at TE and a few back I believe.

who is gonna be the qb for harvey next year? i think they return both running backs also?
rep

Postby PA42 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:57 am

Thunder66 wrote:
horne98 wrote:They don't have too much back do they. who will be the quarterback, running back, and recievers?

Spencer Huus will be the quarterback, running back is the freak of nature that is tyler staskivige, and they bring back two receivers that got a lot of time in kyle funseth and matt hillesland, they also have some experience on the line back with mark wallace, michael moore, and all stater jon nelson
wow it is pretty impressive that a freak of nature did not start a game all year at running back.
PA42

Postby beavof77 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:40 pm

HA! I liked the freak of nature and not starting comment. Never heard of the Huus kid.
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:30 am

I'd define a freak of nature as somebody like a Ross Brennan, Jimmy K, Matt Anderson, and Tyler Rohl. Guys that ya didn't wanna get hit by and guys who can take over games physically. tyler staskivige isn't at that level.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_Coach » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:44 am

How will the four 9-Man teams that are moving up fare next year?  Milnor-North Sargent into region 1, Kenmare  and Rolla-Rock Lake-Rolette-Worlford into Region 3, and New Salem into region 4.  Realisitcaly how will these teams do in Class A?
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JoJoNino » Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:20 pm

ndfan wrote:I'd define a freak of nature as somebody like a Ross Brennan, Jimmy K, Matt Anderson, and Tyler Rohl. Guys that ya didn't wanna get hit by and guys who can take over games physically. tyler staskivige isn't at that level.

im going to have to disagree with you and say Tyler Staskivige is at that level. he isnt as tall as these other guys, but ive seen him play and he is right at that same level as the other guys. he can hit!
JoJoNino
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:54 pm

[user=2866]JoJoNino[/user] wrote:
ndfan wrote:I'd define a freak of nature as somebody like a Ross Brennan, Jimmy K, Matt Anderson, and Tyler Rohl. Guys that ya didn't wanna get hit by and guys who can take over games physically. tyler staskivige isn't at that level.

im going to have to disagree with you and say Tyler Staskivige is at that level. he isnt as tall as these other guys, but ive seen him play and he is right at that same level as the other guys. he can hit!

Can I ask what he's done to get to that level?

As for the 9-man teams moving up I really don't know much about them but if they have some talent they definitely can compete at that level.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Thunder66 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:46 am

horne98 wrote:
Thunder66 wrote:

wow it is pretty impressive that a freak of nature did not start a game all year at running back.

let me rephrase that, he is a physical freak of nature, he's had some off the field issues the last few seasons but he's starting to turn it around now and if he can keep his head he'll be one of the top running backs in the state, he came in at running back in the playoff game against hazen this year when our quarterback went down and wold had to move to QB and tyler ran for 60-something yards in the second half
Thunder66

Postby Hunterlaf » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:28 am

Garrison-Max might be an alright team Next Year with Joe Westman Returning at runnning back
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Shocker » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:15 am

Hunterlaf wrote:Garrison-Max might be an alright team Next Year with Joe Westman Returning at runnning back
What's your definition of "all right"? I don't see them making it out of the first round of the playoffs in the best case scenario for them.
Shocker
NDPreps Starter

Return to A