Getting Pumped Up Before Games

The teams in Class A

Postby yeah boys yeah boys yeah » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:59 pm

What fires you guys up before a football game?  For me it was jake anderson, screaming, YEAH BOYS, YEAH BOYS!!!!!!  Do you ever feel like breaking someone's finger?? Jake Anderson did, and i felt his intesinty. No-Doze's really give him the edge. Ya know it works, because the kid is the AMAZING.  He is by far the best linebacker to ever play the sport, at 5'6.
yeah boys yeah boys yeah

Postby rep » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:15 pm

i'll never understad why people feel they need to take things before a game
rep

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:47 pm

I actually know people that have taken No-Doze before a game, and don't remember the game... If you can't get jacked up for a game without taking anything, something is wrong.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:49 pm

rep wrote:i'll never understad why people feel they need to take things before a game

Agree 110% with you. That has always boggled my mind. That and the fact that by the middle of the second quarter, you've used up all your energy and you aren't worth a crap. Seen that all too many times. If you need something to give you an "edge" then maybe you shouldn't be playing in the first place.
ndfbfan

Postby ndfbfan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:50 pm

baller01 wrote:I actually know people that have taken No-Doze before a game, and don't remember the game... If you can't get jacked up for a game without taking anything, something is wrong.

ok baller. 2 separate threads, and two almost identical answers. This is really getting freaky!!!! LOL Only difference is you got in on this one first!!!
ndfbfan

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:05 pm

I personally use the silent method before a game. I might listen to some heavy music but nothing too much. Once you get out on the field, thats when you can let it out.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbjay » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:49 pm

If you don't come out with some sort of intensity before football, then prepared to be ran over
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the low down » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:35 pm

If you can't get intense or get a rush just thinking about the game itself, then you don't deserve to strap on the pads.  Leave the the other crap out of it. Just my opinion...
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:57 pm

AS a team we had about 10 minutes of silence.  I used to go through my responsibilities on every play.  When I got to college I would walk through every step of every play in the gym.  I would have my eyes closed the entire time.  After I was all done playing, I wondered if anyone ever noticed I had my eyes closed or how stupid I looked.  At the time I sure didn't care.  i always felt prepared.  (Boy scout)
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Return to A