Week 6- What to Watch

The teams in Class A

Week 6- What to Watch

Postby ChickenNuggets » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:03 pm

Region1-
Kindred (4-0) @ Oakes (3-1)

Here's a matchup of two of the better teams in one of the deepest regions in 11A football. Kindred controls their own destiny having a big win over Central Cass early in the year. Oakes lost a very close 7-0 game to that same CC team a week later. A lot changes from weeks 1 & 2 to week 6 though. This will be Kindred's biggest test since losing their ultra-talented RB/DB a few weeks back. On the other hand, this is Oakes' best chance to have any chance at a home playoff game, by getting a win here (They would likely need to win out for this to happen). I'll take Kindred in this one 34-18.

Region 1-2
Carrington (4-1) vs. Lisbon (3-1)

Lisbon plays host to this non-regional matchup between two teams who if the season ended today could very likely be 1st round play-off opponents. I think this could be a fun matchup to compare how these two regions stack up with one another. This should be a physical game. Carrington's only loss came week 1 in a controversial game with Bottineau while Lisbon's blemish came just a week ago at the hands of Central Cass. It will be interesting to see how the Broncos rebound from that loss. I think it will be tight, but I'll take the home team to win 28-21.

Region 2-
Bottineau (2-3) @ Thompson (2-3)
Here's a battle between two playoff teams from last season who are in the thick of it to battle for a playoff spot this year. Both teams have 2-3 records and desperately need a win to bolster their playoff hopes. I think Bottineau has been a little more consistent, but have heard rumors of a key player possibly being injured. I'm going to go with Bottineau in a close one- 28-24.

Region 3
Stanley (3-2) @ Bishop Ryan (3-2)

These two teams look to be jockeying for playoff position within the region. Despite their 3-2 records, both are a perfect 3-0 in regional play. I'm not sure either of them will knock off Velva, but a win here gives them a very legitimate shot at a home playoff game down the road. I"m going with the Lions 42-20

Region 4-
Shiloh Christian (5-0) @ Dickinson Trinity (5-0)

Someone's "0" Must go! The Region 4 Title is pretty much up for grabs! Both teams have explosive offenses that have lit up the scoreboard all season. Dickinson Trinity may be more battle tested, playing a tougher non-conference schedule to open the season, but Shiloh has completely dominated everyone they have played. This should be a great game and I expect a lot of scoring. I'm going to predict what may be considered a slight upset- Shiloh wins 49-42.

Top 10 teams of the week:
1- Velva
2- Langdon
3- Kindred
4- Trinity
5- Shiloh
6- Central Cass
7- Oakes
8- Bishop Ryan
9- DLB
10- Harvey
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Week 6- What to Watch

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:06 am

I agree with the Region 1 match up basically. Oakes stood toe to toe with CC but Kindred is not CC. I don't think Kindred will give up 3 touchdowns but one in the game and one late so I will go with 34 to 12. Oakes kids up front will be out matched the whole game. They will need to blitz and stunt all game to stop the Kindred run game. See Kindred go between the tackles all game until Oakes brings up 10 in the box and then look for Kindred to get some big plays over the top.

I believed in Lisbon Early and had them picked as number 2 in Region 1 but after what CC put on them I don't think that any more. My hope is that it was just one bad game. I don't believe Carrington has come up against a good defensive team so this one is a toss up to me. What Lisbon team comes to play is the question.

Shiloh and DT.... I will be watching this game sometime Saturday... Where can I stream it? this will be a fun game and I believe both teams have a chance to get in the 40's as well. High powered offenses...
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Return to A